What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 14 (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
QB Mike White (if he wasn’t picked up prior to this week)
QB Tyler Huntley (monitor the Lamar Jackson injury)
QB Brock Purdy

RB Zonovan Knight (if he wasn’t picked up prior to this week)
RB Cam Akers
RB James Cook
RB Tyler Allgeier
RB Jordan Mason
RB Jerick McKinnon
RB DeeJay Dallas

WR Isaiah McKenzie
WR Donovan Peoples-Jones

TE Chigoziem Okonkwo

TE Daniel Bellinger

TE Harrison Bryant

Last edited:
QB Mike White (if he wasn’t picked up prior to this week)
QB Tyler Huntley (monitor the Lamar Jackson injury)
QB Brock Purdy

RB Zonovan Knight (if he wasn’t picked up prior to this week)
RB Cam Akers
RB James Cook
RB Tyler Allgeier
RB Jordan Mason
RB Jerick McKinnon
RB DeeJay Dallas

WR Isaiah McKenzie
WR Donovan Peoples-Jones

TE Chigoziem Okonkwo

TE Daniel Bellinger

TE Harrison Bryant

Good list but almost all of those RB/WR are rostered in my redraft (& Dallas Deejay was hurt yesterday as well)

Probably just gonna tweak Ks & Ds the last week & playoffs unless someone comes out of nowhere

I have Walker in a 14-team standard-scoring league where my only backup RB is Gus Bus. Knight, Allgeir, Akers and McKinning are already rostered. So it's looking like I'll target Cook, or maybe Perine and hope Mixon stays in the protocol. Hard to target anyone in Seattle without knowing what's going on there. If Dallas is healthy he would definitely be worth a spot start for as long as Walker is out.

Kind of regretting wasting a waiver claim (that it turned out I didn't even need) on Mike White last week

Combo WW/WDID question: Waller is out there on the wire in my main money league. I currently have Schultz. Given the dumpster fire at TE this year, gotta stash him in advance of tomorrow night's game, right?

So the next question is who do I drop? Leading contenders are MWhite and Gus Edwards. I have Brady, but am a little worried about him, whereas White has a cake schedule after this week. Not saying I'm definitely going to start him, but I'd like to retain the option.

As for Gus Bus, I currently have Chubb, Walker and JCook (start 2 RBs/no flex, standard scoring). I picked up Cook precisely because I didn't feel comfortable starting Edwards if Walker sits; if I don't want to use a guy in an emergency situation, that's probably a sign that I should drop him, right? He hasn't done a lot, Dobbins may be coming back, and Lamar definitely isn't.

And yet, if Walker misses a lot of time, do I really feel comfortable going into my playoffs with Cook as my only other RB? Also, Ravens have a cake playoff schedule (@Cle/Atl/Pitt). Edwards is coming off his worst game of the season, but what if he bounces back and establishes himself as the team's RB1?

Combo WW/WDID question: Waller is out there on the wire in my main money league. I currently have Schultz. Given the dumpster fire at TE this year, gotta stash him in advance of tomorrow night's game, right?

So the next question is who do I drop? Leading contenders are MWhite and Gus Edwards. I have Brady, but am a little worried about him, whereas White has a cake schedule after this week. Not saying I'm definitely going to start him, but I'd like to retain the option.

As for Gus Bus, I currently have Chubb, Walker and JCook (start 2 RBs/no flex, standard scoring). I picked up Cook precisely because I didn't feel comfortable starting Edwards if Walker sits; if I don't want to use a guy in an emergency situation, that's probably a sign that I should drop him, right? He hasn't done a lot, Dobbins may be coming back, and Lamar definitely isn't.

And yet, if Walker misses a lot of time, do I really feel comfortable going into my playoffs with Cook as my only other RB? Also, Ravens have a cake playoff schedule (@Cle/Atl/Pitt). Edwards is coming off his worst game of the season, but what if he bounces back and establishes himself as the team's RB1?
I would monitor Dobbins -- when he gets back in, which may be this week, Gus will surely get less.

You definitely got me thinking about Waller because of the dumpster fire. Insurance to roster a second TE and if so, who do I drop - M White (my comfort back up QB that could start) or Gus Edwards (mess in BAL). I think you have enough at RB with J Cook in emergency and he could rise some. I gotta keep White because of Brady and his schedule.

Cupboard is pretty bare for QBs in my SF league.

Pains me to write his name, but what do folks think of Sam Darnold in SF/2QB leagues?

He’s obviously not a good NFL QB, but we don’t care about that in fantasy (as long as he doesn’t get benched). He’s put up numbers before, has a favorable schedule, and likely to face a lot of negative game scripts.

Any WR/RB diamonds in the rough out there this week?

Rashid Shaheed is on a bye but he looked dynamic on MNF

Season highs: 32 snaps (61%), 4 targets, 4-75, 89 return yards

UDFA out of Weber St, debut was Week 6 (44 yard TD on a reverse) and the next week he caught a 53 yard bomb

3rd straight week he’s had a new high for snaps (27 and 29 WKs 11-12) - looks like they want to integrate him in more, which makes sense bc they have no playmakers outside of Olave (+ sometimes Hill)

Dart throw for deeper leagues, s/b rostered in dynasty

Redraft - probably strictly a “note for next year” but add him if you have 18-20 roster spots

Pains me to write his name, but what do folks think of Sam Darnold in SF/2QB leagues?

He’s obviously not a good NFL QB, but we don’t care about that in fantasy (as long as he doesn’t get benched). He’s put up numbers before, has a favorable schedule, and likely to face a lot of negative game scripts.
I presume White & Huntley are not available. What about Purdy? Mayfield?

Either way Darnold is a warm body with at least one good receiving target and a credible run game behind him. His next three games look okay on paper (although the Lions pass defense ranks top 5 over the last six weeks) and he has run for a surprising number of TDs since joining the Panthers (6 in 12 starts).

So, sure roster him. He may even be worth a start depending on your roster.

Rashid Shaheed is on a bye but he looked dynamic on MNF

Season highs: 32 snaps (61%), 4 targets, 4-75, 89 return yards

UDFA out of Weber St, debut was Week 6 (44 yard TD on a reverse) and the next week he caught a 53 yard bomb

3rd straight week he’s had a new high for snaps (27 and 29 WKs 11-12) - looks like they want to integrate him in more, which makes sense bc they have no playmakers outside of Olave (+ sometimes Hill)

Dart throw for deeper leagues, s/b rostered in dynasty

Redraft - probably strictly a “note for next year” but add him if you have 18-20 roster spots
Picked him up as a flyer. Looked really good.

Either way Darnold is a warm body with at least one good receiving target and a credible run game behind him. His next three games look okay on paper (although the Lions pass defense ranks top 5 over the last six weeks) and he has run for a surprising number of TDs since joining the Panthers (6 in 12 starts).

Thanks - Huntley, Purdy, Mayfield and Darnold are available. Going to put in for Huntley but will probably be outbid. This is just for depth, as I have Allen and Carr, but you never know with injuries. Plus Carr has NE next week and I may not want to start him then.

Thanks - Huntley, Purdy, Mayfield and Darnold are available. Going to put in for Huntley but will probably be outbid. This is just for depth, as I have Allen and Carr, but you never know with injuries. Plus Carr has NE next week and I may not want to start him then.
Huntley is definitely the prize of that group but, imo, Darnold is #2.

Not sure you need him either way though. You may have a better flex option on your roster if it comes to that.

If Homer is the last man standing for the Hawks this week against Carolina, he could have a huge week.
Jones def not the play huh?
Don't think anyone really knows the play yet, but if KW3/DeeJay are definitely out and Homer is a full-go later this week, I believe he could go big against the Panthers. He's a veteran to the system and has excellent pass-catching chops.

If Homer is the last man standing for the Hawks this week against Carolina, he could have a huge week.
Don't think anyone really knows the play yet, but if KW3/DeeJay are definitely out and Homer is a full-go later this week, I believe he could go big against the Panthers. He's a veteran to the system and has excellent pass-catching chops.

Seems far more likely Lockett would see 12 targets again. Geno is balling out, they’re not going away from their strength just based on current availability.

Homer had one LP last week (illness 1 day, + dealing with a knee strain) and was LP again today. A lot could change for him and DD between now and 4 pm Friday.

But as of rn, I’d say Wayne Gallman is likely next man up and in line for 12-15 inefficient touches.

I have to say that this year has been the weakest free agency pool I can recall. Who is this years Amon Ra? I got nothing…maybe Watson, Cook? Don’t see many high ceiling game changers.

I have to say that this year has been the weakest free agency pool I can recall. Who is this years Amon Ra? I got nothing…maybe Watson, Cook? Don’t see many high ceiling game changers.
It's Christian Watson. He was dropped in most redraft leagues early in the season. Garrett Wilson was dropped in a few too.

Walker and Garrett Wilson were two names mentioned that were not dropped in any of my leagues but if they were I'd agree they were class of the FA crop.

Watson and Fields were dropped in a lot of my leagues and I bought a bunch of them up and for me, and maybe this was relative to me having a lot of shaky QB situations, Fields has been my personal biggest pickup of the year.

Can think of several other useful players, mostly Rb's, guys like Foreman, Latavius, Jeff Wilson who I personally exposed to 14 waiver wires, and a few low end TE1's for a few week types. WR was a little weak on the year in my leagues, which are mainly 20 man roster sizes. Other then Watson some WR's like Parris and Curtis Samuel who gave you a few weeks but was not a lot of meat on that bone in my leagues.

I agree with you. I believe Homer is going to play and if he's healthy he's been the #2 RB in snap counts every single week he's been active except a week he only played 2 snaps and got hurt and a week he actually led the backfield. He could be active and not 100 healthy, that I have no idea on and I probably don't use him without a full practice and/or some good reports but even if he's not used this week we have zero idea how long Walker might be out so to me he's a good pickup regardless. I'd anticipate the Seattle goes a little pass heavier while Walker is down and that's fine as that suits Homer's skill set.

DJ Chark is available in both of my leagues. I like his talent and skill level.

He's ranked around WR 4 (37-48) this week against the Vikings. I could easily see a couple long gains and a TD.

In order to make roster room would have to drop J Palmer, only if M Williams plays. I'm also sitting on Jameson Williams in another league with J Palmer.

Chark is in for consideration with upside. Detroit is healthy on offense.

Seems far more likely Lockett would see 12 targets again. Geno is balling out, they’re not going away from their strength just based on current availability.

Homer had one LP last week (illness 1 day, + dealing with a knee strain) and was LP again today. A lot could change for him and DD between now and 4 pm Friday.

But as of rn, I’d say Wayne Gallman is likely next man up and in line for 12-15 inefficient touches.
Homer practiced yesterday. I'm pretty sure it will be him leading the way if Walker and Dallas are out, not Gallman.

Homer practiced yesterday. I'm pretty sure it will be him leading the way if Walker and Dallas are out, not Gallman.

Homer was limited. He has a knee strain. You could be right, none of us know or have enough information to say at this point.

I'm just looking at four years of game logs and wondering why he has 2 games out of 46 with more than 10 touches - none since 2019. He seems like an OK receiving but, doesn't really seem to be the guy you want to be giving a double digit workload when he's healthy - which he's not.

Tough week for Seattle RBs. Maybe one of them heals up miraculously. If not, Gallman would be the logical choice. But rational coaching theory doesn't always work out like we plan, so I certainly don't know for sure.

Homer was limited. He has a knee strain. You could be right, none of us know or have enough information to say at this point.

I'm just looking at four years of game logs and wondering why he has 2 games out of 46 with more than 10 touches - none since 2019. He seems like an OK receiving but, doesn't really seem to be the guy you want to be giving a double digit workload when he's healthy - which he's not.

Tough week for Seattle RBs. Maybe one of them heals up miraculously. If not, Gallman would be the logical choice. But rational coaching theory doesn't always work out like we plan, so I certainly don't know for sure.

T. Jones in the mix as well.

My opponent has K. Walker and I picked up D. Dallas. Depending on practice reports today I could pick up Homer (and drop Z. White). The better plan may be to avoid this situation entirely, let my opponent take the pick of the litter, and most likely blow up this slot in their lineup with a poor choice.

My gut feel about putting Homer in any lineup

Also trying to preemptively grab a few handcuffs of other teams' RBs in case the starter goes down and could be in line with a decent workload:

Josh Kelley
Keaontay Ingram

I was able to get several guys when they were cut at their weakest points of the season.

Exhibit "A" Your Honor...Rhamondre Stevenson who was released on like the 2nd week of the season and I really didn't have the roster space but I opted to flat cut Damien Harris and pick up Rhamondre, that was laughed at by all the folks in my redraft league but it's turned out to be a solid and steady RB, since Week 3 I believe RS is Top 5-10, had several 20+ in PPR.

Exhibit "B" Your Honor...Tony Pollard was cut after the Washington or Philadelphia game, and again i simply ran to scoop him up even though these are not large rosters.
I backed in to Top 10 RBs twice this season. Traded for CMC, also found Jeff Wilson and depending on the week and who you ask, pretty decent end of the bench guy to roll out against certain teams. This week might be one of them.

Exhibit "C" Your Honor...Christian Watson who I drafted in Rd 14, cut him early on and then was able to reacquire him on waivers right before the B-O-O-M!

But to your pont, when I look at the Top 20 WRs, they were all drafted as far as. I can tell, hardly a free agent pick up in the bunch so you are spot on that it was slim pickings this year.

Justin Fields
Geno Smith
Donta Foreman
Christian Watson

We're all ww studs in most leagues. I agree it's been a down year overall though

I was able to get several guys when they were cut at their weakest points of the season.
As always, it definitely depends on league size. For very deep leagues, I would tend to agree that there haven't been a lot of high impact players available that weren't already rostered. Watson and Cook in my league are also probably the biggest, as they were indeed dropped earlier in the season.

Exhibit "A" Your Honor...Rhamondre Stevenson who was released on like the 2nd week of the season and I really didn't have the roster space but I opted to flat cut Damien Harris and pick up Rhamondre, that was laughed at by all the folks in my redraft league but it's turned out to be a solid and steady RB, since Week 3 I believe RS is Top 5-10, had several 20+ in PPR.

Exhibit "B" Your Honor...Tony Pollard was cut after the Washington or Philadelphia game, and again i simply ran to scoop him up even though these are not large rosters.
I backed in to Top 10 RBs twice this season. Traded for CMC, also found Jeff Wilson and depending on the week and who you ask, pretty decent end of the bench guy to roll out against certain teams. This week might be one of them.

Exhibit "C" Your Honor...Christian Watson who I drafted in Rd 14, cut him early on and then was able to reacquire him on waivers right before the B-O-O-M!

But to your pont, when I look at the Top 20 WRs, they were all drafted as far as. I can tell, hardly a free agent pick up in the bunch so you are spot on that it was slim pickings this year.
I drafted all of those, and having Kupp at the time, didn’t think too much about dropping Watson. :wall:

Chark, Sherfield, Homer, Boone, yeah not much out there this week or most weeks this season. Some stashes more than anything. Ridder. J Love. J Jennings. Maybe a couple TEs out there like Otton or Bellinger. Stoked to see him out there again. I was watching the Giants game when his eye got messed up and he was being carted off with blood all over his face. I was afraid it would threaten his career. Not only is he healthy and playing again, he is getting targets like when he left off.

I still have Bam Knight at the top my own list for league winner status at least in terms of my most recent impactful pickup. He is close to autostart status moving forward. Fields, C Watson are others.

I picked up Cleveland DEF and Zuerlein last week for ~48 points. I have DAL defense in several places this week but AZ might be a sneaky play this week. Seahawks hosting Darnold is probably a great pickup if they're available. The Detroit kicker if you need to swap out.

I was all ready to drop Stevenson after week 1 (3rd RB on a bad offense) when I heard Ty Montgomery was placed on IR - so at least it would be a 2-way split and better than before.

A guy in my league did drop Walker the morning that Penny got hurt (for Jamal Agnew). He's tied for first in his division so it hasn't hurt him that much.

We do have a short bench so have to be itchy on the trigger finger.

I intend to ride him as my QB2 in my SF league playoffs. Not sexy nor am I expecting him to win me a playoff game, but I oddly feel comfortable with his floor. Easy schedule and he's had a decent scoring history with Carolina in the past.

For those of us desperate for a RB/WR fill in where do you look, a TEN wr? Robinson Bal or Parker NE? What’s left on Texans? Need some diamonds in the rough.

For those of us desperate for a RB/WR fill in where do you look, a TEN wr? Robinson Bal or Parker NE? What’s left on Texans? Need some diamonds in the rough.
Good Question

MN/DET-51.5
MIA/LAC-53.5

Those are the two best games for scoring and role players to be involved. Would i want to roll the dice on Mike Gesicki this week? Not really but I see Trent Sherfield involved more and more, Waddle has been battling some injuries of late, perhaps they look to Trent a couple more times.

DJ Chark is around on a lot of wiaver wires. The rookie is not being targeted a lot yet, After ARSB, not a lot of options for them to throw the ball.
We haven't heard from many role player in Minnesota this season. Seemed like Osgood and Mattison were more involved last year

Users who are viewing this thread