What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vincent Jackson (1 Viewer)

He suffered a scratched lung in the first preseason game. He is back practicing again (in a yellow jersey, meaning no contact), but I doubt he'll play in the final preseason game.

Heading into the regular season, he should be ready to resume his role as the slot receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thnx. That's almost 2 weeks old. I was just wondering if he's resumed practicing. Even if he doesn't play the last preseason game, what's the outlook for him in 06?

Wide receivers Eric Parker and Vincent Jackson practiced in yellow jerseys, which signified to teammates to avoid contact. Safety Bhawoh Jue (knee), linebacker Carlos Polk (hamstring), fullback Andrew Pinnock (ankle), linebacker Marques Harris (thigh bruise) and tight end Aaron Shea (back) did not practice Monday. Linebacker Donnie Edwards (back) returned to the practice field after a two-week layoff.

"My sense is that he'll play (Friday)," Schottenheimer said of the 11-year vet. "He looked a bit rusty. He did find one interception. I don't know if he paid someone to throw it to him or what, but he got one."

Shea will not be available Friday, and Schottenheimer said that it's unlikely that Jackson will see the field. Parker may work in a very limited role.

http://www.chargers.com/

I assume he's worth having as a 5/6/7 wr in larger leagues?
I think you're a year early.Will be the 4th option for a first year starting QB. Marty is his coach. I am not optimistic for this season.I think Rivers will be a good one, and McCardell moves on. Next year.

i would go higher, and say he is border line 4.. possible starter by the time your playoffs come around..
He's a lottery ticket this year. Take him at the end of your draft (or close to it) if you don't have something specifically better to do, keep him around as long as you can but drop him if something better happens in the free agent pool. Expect nothing. If (when) Parker goes down you may have yourself a player this year.

HE's been playing catch on the sidelines with Phillips for a couple years now, its entirely possible they might have a thing going... I'll likely take a flyer on him late. Seems physically huge for a slot receiver who would make a big comfortable target underneath.

cosjobs said:
HE's been playing catch on the sidelines with Phillips for a couple years now, its entirely possible they might have a thing going... I'll likely take a flyer on him late. Seems physically huge for a slot receiver who would make a big comfortable target underneath.
That's my take on it as well. I'll burn a pick every time on guys who seem to have a rapport with their QB. The game he injured himself he caught a TD and Rivers seemed to look to him frequently. Will it transate into the regular season? Who knows but I'm willing to take that chance.

My view is that he may be a decent TD option but won't get consistent yardage/catches. He has that homerun potential and as a 3rd wr will cause a lot of mismatches with Gates/LT on the field. Those back to back TD's in SD's 1st preseason game were pretty sweet. I agree that he's probably 1 year away from making a real contribution but he looks to have the good tools on a good/very good offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stashed him away in my keeper league with full expectations that I'll cash in next year. Anything I might get this year is a bonus.

I stashed him away in my keeper league with full expectations that I'll cash in next year. Anything I might get this year is a bonus.
That's the perfect strategy for him IMO. If he continues to mature and Rivers has a decent year the SD offense can be downright scary for the next few years. Coupled with their young defense they will be among the top teams in the AFC over the next 3-4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread