What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick Owners - What Are You Doing With Him (1 Viewer)

Are You Hanging Onto Vick Or Bailing

• Holding

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Bailing

Votes: 29 63.0%

• Total voters

packersfan

Footballguy
A Yahoo report today said the Eagles will use Vick's concussion as an excuse to shut him down for the rest of the season and go with rookie Nick Foles. Based on this news, I was interested to find out what Vick owners in re-draft leagues are doing with him. I'm assuming most league's Waivers run on Wednesday at the latest so whatever decision is made will need to be made quickly.

So what are Vick owners in re-draft leagues planning to do with him - are you hanging onto him and hoping he gets healthy and remains the starter or are you buying the report and expect him to be shut down and therefore are dropping him this week? And if you're dropping him for whom?

I've been looking for an excuse to drop him for either Palmer (easy schedule) or Romo (hoping he turns it around) - but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Now that he's concussed and could be out a few weeks or for the rest of the season, I've made up my mind - bailing.

I'm in a 10 team 6 pt QB TD ppr league and 4-6, so it's time to take risks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for an excuse to drop him for either Palmer (easy schedule) or Romo (hoping he turns it around) - but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Now that he's concussed and could be out a few weeks or for the rest of the season, I've made up my mind - bailing.

Yikes...Tony Romo is on waivers? In a 10 team, 6pt TD leagues, at least the top 20-25 QB's should be owned.It's time to find a competitive league, buddy.

It depends on who you have as your QB2. If you have say Big Ben or Dalton, then he might be a drop. If you don't have a QB2 with QB1 upside, then he's probably a hold. Foles is hot trash, but some within the Eagles org seem intent on going forward with him. A Jimmy Clausen like performance vs. the Skins might change that though. I'm gonna be rolling with Foles in week 11 with the hope that we see Vick in week 12.

Yikes...Tony Romo is on waivers? In a 10 team, 6pt TD leagues, at least the top 20-25 QB's should be owned.It's time to find a competitive league, buddy.
This must be a typo. If not, you're mistaken. This implies you think some teams should be wasting roster spots carrying two extra QBs. I personally never carry more than one, especially in a 10-teamer. The WW is always loaded, as it should be. Regardless of format (2QB/superflex aside), the competitive advantage of having an above average QB is not as large as it is in 12-teamers and up.Also from a fantasy standpoint, Palmer has been more valuable this year.

If you're seriously in a 10-teamer right now with 25 QBs rostered, with teams carrying three QBs instead of RB lottery tickets/handcuffs, then I think it's time for you to find a competitive league, buddy.

'SameSongNDance said:
'Warrior said:
'Sir Chadwick said:

This must be a typo. If not, you're mistaken. This implies you think some teams should be wasting roster spots carrying two extra QBs. I personally never carry more than one, especially in a 10-teamer. The WW is always loaded, as it should be. Regardless of format (2QB/superflex aside), the competitive advantage of having an above average QB is not as large as it is in 12-teamers and up.Also from a fantasy standpoint, Palmer has been more valuable this year.

If you're seriously in a 10-teamer right now with 25 QBs rostered, with teams carrying three QBs instead of RB lottery tickets/handcuffs, then I think it's time for you to find a competitive league, buddy.
I am in a 12 team 6 Pt/TD league, and at least 25 QB are owned, reasonably competitive and decent stakes.... I am left with the AZ Mess, Ponder, Foles and Weeden. Even Tanaheil is gone.. and Palmer hasn't been on waivers in 6 weeks. All leagues are different, but mine definitely hoards QBs...

Unless you know roster size, how can you criticize the number of QBs on rosters in somebody else's league. Would you expect the same number of QBs on teams in leagues with 15 player rosters as with 25 player rosters? What I get sick of is people who don't know what rules a person they're criticizing plays under trying to sound like fantasy studs by telling the guy to find a tougher league (apparently, like he plays in). Its real old, almost always reflects a misunderstanding of the other guy's situation and typically leads to all of us having to read several responces arguing the wisdom of strategy that only applies to the league each poster is in.

keeping him until he is IRed.

As for other leagues, how in the world is carson palmer available in any league? he's the no. 6 scoring QB in my league ... i picked him up after week 2 or 3 to play ahead of matt schaub in a start 2 QB league.

I am leaning toward dropping him if I can get Fitzpatrick via waivers this week. I also have Freeman, who I fortunately benched Vick for this week, so I think I'd be okay even if he does play. Freeman outscored him in my settings since Week Three exc. for one three point deficit.

Almost a 50-50 split right now with Vick in terms of those keeping him or dropping him. Definitely not a consensus belief that the Yahoo report will come to fruition.

Dropping to the wire in 2 leagues. He's been servicable as a starter, but nothing approaching his 2010 status where even a bad game for him was still really good. The main reason I'm compelled to cut bait is that horrific O-line that isn't going to get better even if he comes back soon. He's as likely to be concussed mid game during the fantasy playoffs and finish with 8 pts as he is of finishing. I'll take my chances with Carson Palmer and Matt Schaub.

My league is start-2 QBs and we can only carry 2 QBs on our roster. I have Freeman and am probably going to drop Vick and try to get Foles or Bradford. Only concern I have is if I drop Vick and he does return and someone I'm competing with for the league title grabs him and beats me as a result. I think we can reasonably assume Foles will be the guy the rest of the way unless he also gets hurt but Reid did say yesterday Vick was still his QB so I'm not sure dropping Vick is cut and dried at the present time.

Holding. He hasn't been horrible for fantasy scoring. Not great but worth the boom /bust chance depending on the matchups. On another note Grab the Redskins, Cowboys, Panthers, or Bucs D/ST for their upcoming games against the Eagles.

He hasn't been horrible for fantasy scoring.
I've said this as well. He was Top 15 in many scoring systems before this week so he wasn't a bum. He was reasonably productive every week except against Arizona. So if he does come back you just put a low-end QB1 on the Waiver Wire. That would be a nice gift for a QB-starved team in contention.

In a 10 team league with shallow rosters. Redraft. Dumped him like a bad habit.

Maybe he meant drop as in not start?
No I meant drop as in no longer on your roster. So far the results are pretty evenly split - 56% saying they are going to drop him while 44% are planning to hold onto him this week.
Sorry I meant the guy dropping him for Romo
Drop means drop, not bench. I'm putting in my claim for Romo or Palmer tonight. If those two weren't out there I'd most likely hold onto Vick.And F the guy who thinks I'm not in a competitive league, no explanation needed.

Andy Dalton is sitting on my waiver.. if he drops to my waiver spot should i drop vick for him? I also have Newton.

Users who are viewing this thread