What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Veterans day (1 Viewer)

As I’ve gotten older I’ve developed an ever growing respect for those that have served. Baffles me why y’all have to work today. A life long side perk of putting your life on the line for your country should be a day off. I may pen a sternly worded letter to the someone who holds sway over these decisions. Is their a Department of Days Off in Washington?

While I was unable to serve due to medical conditions my Father served in Korea. Took a bullet for us. My wife's grandfather who was one of the greatest men I've ever met in my life served in both the army and navy. Also fought in Korea. My son is National Guard and has served a tour in Iraq. Had to leave his newborn daughter 2 days after she was born to be deployed. Didn't see her again other than facetime until she was almost 1.  I had a thread on here basically blogging all the missed holidays and worrying about him when Iran hit our bases in Iraq while he was over there. My son in law is an Afghanistan war veteran. Been through some ####. Still dealing with that #### TBH. He is a great guy but man oh man does he have a lifetime of having to deal with things none of us should have to see. My wife and daughter in law are officers in the F.R.G. Due to being so involved with my son's unit I've had the opportunity to sit down with so many of these young folks who are serving for us today. It really is amazing what these folks put aside for the rest of us. It was surreal to be at a Christmas in July party at one of the superiors house and see all the memorabilia his wife has put together from his countless deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, etc.  Most of these guys aren't doing it for a paycheck like some people think. They have answered a calling inside.

Needless to say we are pretty pro-military in our house. God bless these men and women that do what the rest of us can't or aren't willing to do. It truly is an amazing sacrifice they go through.  :thumbup:

Happy Veterans Day to all of you. There is no "Free For All" and certainly no Politics Free For All without you. 🍻

ETA: pretty light turnout for this thread this year  :oldunsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Veterans Day to all of you. There is no "Free For All" and certainly no Politics Free For All without you. 🍻

ETA: pretty light turnout for this thread this year  :oldunsure:
Yep I kind of thought the same but maybe not quite as many folks around. Plus you know there is a lot going on now. People have a lot to worry about right now. Their are a lot of good folks who post here so I'm sure it's just an aberration. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheen said:
Interesting there hasn't been anything veteran's day related from FBG

Give a damn, right?
Yea I posted a thread in both forums.7 replies in each I was a little disappointed but like I said a lot going on right now so maybe that's why there was so little interest in Vets this year. I mean less than 10% of the US population  has served so maybe folks just kind of overlook Vets sometimes. I really don't have a problem with that. I would have a problem with them forgetting about Memorial day however.

Yea I posted a thread in both forums.7 replies in each I was a little disappointed but like I said a lot going on right now so maybe that's why there was so little interest in Vets this year. I mean less than 10% of the US population  has served so maybe folks just kind of overlook Vets sometimes. I really don't have a problem with that. I would have a problem with them forgetting about Memorial day however.
 I missed the thread, actually. Happy Veteran's Day to all who served and risked the ultimate sacrifice. We are free and our lives are better because of you all. That said, I wanted to take a minute to post something moving that I saw on Veteran's Day, but I can't find it. It was a veteran who was imploring people to be who they are and love themselves because that's what he served for. It was really moving, and was the ultimate in unselfishness, I thought.

Truly remarkable sentiments, and unsurprising given how great our military members are.

It’s just fluffy stuff but I’m really proud of how my company recognizes veterans and prioritizes them within our organization. We have a Director level position that reports direct to the CEO, really cool guy I’ve gotten to know since he came on board. We had a veterans program before but he’s really taken it to the next level. We work closely with the Gary Sinise foundation which has also been a spot of great pride for our company. Veterans are always at the forefront of what we do.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sunbelt-rentals-named-one-nation-160800266.html

Users who are viewing this thread