What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VBD -- multiple positions (1 Viewer)

Dickie Dunn

Footballguy
For several seasons I have put together a spreadsheet with projected point totals for a large, head-to-head points league.

My biggest question, when you do a VBD-style evaluation, is how to handle players who are eligible at multiple positions (i.e. 2B/3B, 1B/OF, C/1B, etc.).

It would make sense to put them in the position where they would rank the highest relative to others at that position -- for instance, Victor Martinez probably is more valuable at C than 1B -- but how would you handle the value of being able to use them at multiple positions? Should there be any value placed on this? Obviously, this is something that rarely if ever comes up in football, except for the Eric Metcalf-type players.

Catcher eligibility is the biggest value bump because a full time position player will get an AB advantage over a true catcher in the counting categories.

Other positional bonuses can vary a lot year-to-year, position-to-position unless you can find the rare corner player with MI eligibility. It does provide some flexibility during the draft and throughout the season.

Users who are viewing this thread