What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vacation in Space! NASA offers private trips to space station (1 Viewer)

Pretty good crowd funding idea for NASA. Some rich trust fund kids might do this to say they did.

When I watched the Apollo missions as a young boy in the late 60s-early 70s, I hoped that one day I would be able to experience space flight.

Sadly, I will have been born too soon to see this happen regularly. :kicksrock:

A couple years ago there was some company testing pods into upper atmosphere (essentially space) via weather balloon and it looked absolutely amazing.  The cost was gonna be like 25k per passenger, far more affordable than this.

However, if I ever win one of those half billion dollar lottery picks, you can guarantee I’d waste some of it on this

That one guy said:
A couple years ago there was some company testing pods into upper atmosphere (essentially space) via weather balloon and it looked absolutely amazing.  The cost was gonna be like 25k per passenger, far more affordable than this.

However, if I ever win one of those half billion dollar lottery picks, you can guarantee I’d waste some of it on this
:goodposting: I'd do that.

Juxtatarot said:
30 days?  I think I'd be pretty bored after two or three.
Did you ever see interviews with the Apollo astronauts?  Their words and outlook on life changed after being in space.  I'd never get tired of seeing the earth from space and of floating in weightlessness.

I wouldn't think they'd want to chance people seeing something and talking about it. Hard to shut up those with $$$$$$$$.

NASA will allow up to two private trips to the station per year, each lasting up to 30 days
Seems to me that the length of the trip would be dictated by NASA. It's not like you can just tell them that you want to launch on a Friday and return the following Monday so you don't miss any work.

edit: and what if there are two tourists on the ship, and one wants to stay longer than the other??

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me that the length of the trip would be dictated by NASA. It's not like you can just tell them that you want to launch on a Friday and return the following Monday so you don't miss any work.

edit: and what if there are two tourists on the ship, and one wants to stay longer than the other??
Can I do it over the 4th to take advantage of the long weekend?  And because AMERICA!!!  USA, USA USA!!! 

I’d pay double to stay just a few days. Would lose my mind up there for 30 days. 

Ohh, then again, bring the missus sans kids, and you get tons of space secks. What else is there to do?

Ohh, then again, bring the missus sans kids, and you get tons of space secks. What else is there to do?
And your first innocent comment to her on how great weightless/zero gravity secks feels will be interpreted by her as you thinking she's fat, and then you won't get any for the last 29 days. 

Can I use my JetBlue miles..?  🚀

They should just start a NASA Powerball lottery...$5.00 a ticket and let a regular Joe win a

chance to chill out at the ISS.

They absolutely should to raise money. On the other hand it would probably be messy because the physical requirements to safely travel to space (even as a passenger and not a trained astronaut) are probably insane. You'd have to be across the board healthy and in great physical shape. And you'd have to be the correct size to fit into the existing suits, I'd imagine. Making the winner sign a waiver would solve a lot of that but then there would have to be rigorous background checks and psychological panels, you'd think. 

Users who are viewing this thread