What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (6 Viewers)

Weston started, Weah on bench in Copa Italia semi finals, first leg. Juventus is up 2-0 in second half. Weston with another assist
Very nice assist from Weston. The goal was obviously well taken but being able to deliver the pass into space at the angle Weston was at was very good.

Lol at Turner picking up a yellow from the bench yesterday.

And lmao at Pioli giving Musah the death stare after his sub performance. https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGolazo/status/1774832903320473997?t=g910voccNxyhda-9ErNf2A&s=19
😂 I love how Piolis stare stops Musah dead in his tracks. You can feel the terror pouring out of the poor kid after putting in a decent shift. Like... Oh ****... Wth did I do?
yeah, those shenanigans almost certainly mean Pioli was happy with how Musah played.

Liverpool were weirdly dominant without ever looking like they were actually going to do anything to score for like 75 minutes. The 1st two goals couldn't have been much flukier.

Also, Mac Allister is a straight-up baller.

Tyler Adams not in the lineup or bench for Bournemouth

:crying:
Bournemouth midfielder Tyler Adams was left out of the gameday squad against Luton days after the club revealed that several players were slowed by an illness this week.
oh thank god. I was afraid he rehurt himself again.

Same thought every US fan had.
Oh **** me!!

The Athletic is now reporting he was not out due to illness. He was out due to back spasms

:(

Dest with one assist and Tillman with two more.

Tillman has an impressive 9 assists in league play in only ~1200 minutes
Tillman had the assists (including a kneed volley to dejong) and continuously got into great spots. But this was an off game for him too. Lots of poor touches, bad decisions and seeming lack of effort. He was also in the left wing kln Chucky's spot, so maybe a little less certain of everything.

Quiet match for Dest, who still has his usual flashes on the ball and coulda scored.

I have no idea if this is ever going to translate for the Nats but my god do I love Morris for the Crew

He's had very few chances to this point but the style of play for Columbus is quite a bit different than the Nats. Johnny and Tessmann are others that look a lot better for club than country.

Interestingly enough, all three of those guys are 2001s, a year that is mostly a blank in the NT (we had no 2001 players in the last World Cup - Booth, Schulte, Reynolds, and McGuire are other 2001s). I think that whole 2001 group is going to be a big part of our Olympic squad and give them all a springboard to impress Berhalter. They are still young, but none of them currently appear to be anything more than raising the floor at the moment. FTR Balogun is also a 2001 but I don't really count him in this group.

Thought he played like belonged in this last window. His best look for the US so far...switch to Spain and some germinating doing him some favors.
I thought so too, but the moment Adams stepped on the field, you could just see the gap in talent between Adams and the next guy up. Hopefully Johnny can keep progressing because Tyler's body may just not be up to the task any more.

Thought he played like belonged in this last window. His best look for the US so far...switch to Spain and some germinating doing him some favors.
Agree. Johnny has now had 11 caps. He's been called a lot and has now played a fair bit with the Nats but the last window was the first time to my eye that he looked capable.

But also agree with Andy that he's still looking like a floor guy. The truth is we have depth like never before. Our pool has become ridiculously deep but most of them are pretty interchangeable because they aren't stars. My hope is that a lot of these young guys develop into stars for us over time.

For instance a lot was made of the 2003 class but besides Pepi, what has really come of it? Paredes, Aaronson, Cowell, Neal, Gomez, McGlynn, Che, Luna, Sealy, Edelman, Gutierrez all seem like fine players. None appear like they are going to force their way into our starting lineup.

For instance a lot was made of the 2003 class but besides Pepi, what has really come of it? Paredes, Aaronson, Cowell, Neal, Gomez, McGlynn, Che, Luna, Sealy, Edelman, Gutierrez all seem like fine players. None appear like they are going to force their way into our starting lineup.
Part of this is situational too I think.

We had a strong group of players many around the same young age bracket that all flooded into the program after the Wet and Bumpy fiasco.

As that group is moving into their prime, the openings for new players is small. And on top of that is the issue where we have a second cycle coach, who is inevitably going to be some what loyal to that group that grew up under him.

I too agree that the likelihood of any of our core being moved out, due to only performance and not injury, is low. It feels like CB is the area with the most questions but even there I don't see a new name emerging.

Agree. Johnny has now had 11 caps. He's been called a lot and has now played a fair bit with the Nats but the last window was the first time to my eye that he looked capable.

But also agree with Andy that he's still looking like a floor guy. The truth is we have depth like never before. Our pool has become ridiculously deep but most of them are pretty interchangeable because they aren't stars. My hope is that a lot of these young guys develop into stars for us over time.

I agree with Andy that Adams is a clear tier above Johnny or anybody else.

But Johnny is still growing his game and has been given a fantastic landing spot for that. Will he elevate to anywhere near Adams? Dunno. Probably not.... But maybe.

Lol... I'm just remembering the hand wringing we did when that 6 chose mexico instead of the us. I can't even remember his name now. Did he ever feature for el tri?

Tyler Adams not in the lineup or bench for Bournemouth

:crying:
Bournemouth midfielder Tyler Adams was left out of the gameday squad against Luton days after the club revealed that several players were slowed by an illness this week.
oh thank god. I was afraid he rehurt himself again.

Same thought every US fan had.
Oh **** me!!

The Athletic is now reporting he was not out due to illness. He was out due to back spasms

:(
WHAT IRAOLA SAID
"We have been through some illness situations and Tyler woke up two days ago with back spasms and he wasn’t available," the manager confirmed. "It is nothing related to the hamstring, but he was not available for the game."

:kicksrock: :wall:

Freaking Adams. I had given up, and then sniffed what he was selling again and jumped back in full throttle. Sigh. If Milan can switch things up to get their best players on the field, maybe G-etc can utilize a Johnny or other 6 and still get Gio on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread