What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unfunny things your kid has said (1 Viewer)

jhib

Footballguy
Kids can be pretty darn cute. (see Funny things your kid has said)

Then they get older.      Mine still make me laugh pretty often, but also remind me once in a while that's it's not all fun and games.

My 16 (17 next month) y.o. daughter - who happens to be one of the sweetest, nicest kids you'd ever meet - has been frustrated with her social life lately.  Her group of friends are much more comfortable hanging out at their individual homes and texting each other all day rather than actually getting together and doing anything.  She doesn't have a boyfriend and hasn't been asked to the junior prom which is approaching quickly.

She and I dropped her mom off at a store this afternoon and while we waited, I took the opportunity to start a conversation with her about it all.  I brought up the idea of her putting herself out there more socially and maybe even asking a guy who might not be her ideal date but who she'd feel comfortable going to the prom with as friends.  She seemed pretty honest with me about her frustrations - how that wasn't what she pictured things would be like, but how she also wouldn't want to go alone and how her other friends who don't have dates yet either don't want to go or have been resistant to the idea of going together as a group of girls.

Anyway, it felt to me like a good mix of pep talk and positive conversation.

Later this evening, she was acting a little grumpy and complaining about a few parts of her day to her mom (but I was in the room).  

The kicker was, "... and then I got an hour-long lecture about the prom."

:(   Ouch.  :(

Obviously not as fun as that other thread, but does anyone feel like sharing examples of when kids say things that make you sad or angry instead of making you laugh?

By the way, my wife can shop, but it was a half hour tops.

We have a 17 year old foster daughter. Last night my 3 year old son was going to bed, wife turned the lights out. My son then let my wife know that with the lights out that my wife looked like our foster daughter. 

Our foster daughter is African American

We have a 17 year old foster daughter. Last night my 3 year old son was going to bed, wife turned the lights out. My son then let my wife know that with the lights out that my wife looked like our foster daughter. 

Our foster daughter is African American
This belongs in the "Funny things your kid has said" thread.  

Users who are viewing this thread