What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Underdog Playoff Owners: The All Important Week 15 (1 Viewer)

sspunisher

Footballguy
So who are you going ALL IN with this week? Give a quick rundown of scoring system or important lineup information for you and your opponent.

I'm the 4th Seed going against the #1 Seed (13-0) record. He has Rodgers, McCoy, Gronk, Sproles bla bla bla bla. Couple of things going my way with the Jennings injury, McCoy vs the Jets, Gronk possibly (FINALLY) being the defenese's top priority. But anyway, standard PPR with kick return yards.

Starting:

RB: Marion Barber

Notes: No other options really. Forte out, Ingram Out.

Flex: Demaryius Thomas

Notes: Been having some great FLEX BY COMMITTEE success with Manningham, Crabtree, and Mike Williams TB. I was going to go Manningham but I've had it with his "almost" huge games. "Almost" won't cut it against this guys lineup. Nearly convinced myself to start Cobb b/c of the KR yards, increased playing time b/c of Jennings, and with the bonus possiblility of negating Rodgers TD passes. But decided to lean on the matchup and playing time of DT instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of injury, playing grant and also playing d thomas. Going against brady, welker, rice, nicks. Not looking good for me...

I'm the #5 seed(7-5-1) going against the #1 seed (11-2)

My Team- Rodgers, CJ, Helu, AJ Green, A.Brown, Gronk, Arizona D

His Team- Big Ben, Rice, Foster, Welker, Fitz, Gonzo, Philly D

My opponent had Roddy White blow-up for 30 pts (.5 PPR) against me Thurs night...and he still has AJ Green (@ StL, decimated secondary) as his WR2; Miles Austin (@ Tampa) as his FLEX & Aaron Rodgers... I feel like I HAVE to take a chance this week now. I'll be starting: Brady/Beanie Wells/Shonn Greene/Hernandez (FLEX; no mandatory TE)/Megatron. I need to decide on a WR2 from Steve Smith/MWTB/Nate Washington/Denarius Moore. I HATE Steve's matchup, & MWTB is hard to trust & really has no upside anyway (he's probably "safe" for 4/45). Sooooo, I am seriously mulling over Washington @ Indy or Moore vs Detroit. The problem is that Washington is severely dinged, though practiced Fri & Moore is playing his first game in a few weeks. At the end of the day, I'm guessing I'll ride w/ MWTB tonight & hope he finds the endzone in garbage time. I hate benching Steve Smith, but I just am not feeling him this week

#4 seed (8-6-0) vs. #1 seed (10-4-0) - 16-team redraft non-PPR

Extremely ugly situation for my team. Been rotating through scrubs at QB all season.

Plus, I busted with my trade deadline deal for Run DMC in exchange for Reggie Bush and Santonio Holmes.

MY TEAM: Matt Moore (unless Jake Long is out; if he is I'll roll the dice with... ugh... Orton), Rice, D. Thomas, Wallace, James Jones, Cobb (playing the lottery with the Packers), Gronk, Bironas, Bengals D/ST

HIS TEAM: Newton, ADP, Greene, Sproles, J. Nelson, Cruz, Winslow (5.7 Pts), Gostkowski, Ravens D/ST (he's so loaded he has Welker on the bench - must be nice)

Praying for a miracle right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only the underdog in one of the 4 leagues I'm in the playoffs and even that one I feel I have a much better team over all (have guys like Desean, Laurent and McGahee on the bench while he has nothing... best guy is probably Burleson). My swing for the fences there was probably Felix Jones. He outscored Lrob so I'm feelin good about it... still need Stevie and Antonio Brown to come through for me still... but they've been staples in my lineup while Felix hasn't.

Romo over Cam-check

Julio over S Moss-check

Tate over Mendy-we'll see

My Team-#4 ranked:

romo

sjax

tate

julio

roddy

fitz

vernon

crosby

pitt def

His team-#1 ranked:

rodgers

ray rice

hillis

greene

colston

boldin

gonzo

cundiff

dallas def

All Tampa Mike owners should be checking in here. I'm starting Ced Benson in over my usual flex of A. Hernandez, and starting NOS D/ST over PIT D/ST. It's panic time.

I think Kevin Smith is the ultimate swing for the fences play today since there is some question if he will play and even more question if he will finish.

I have to decide whether to swing for the fences with him versus steven jackson who may or may not produce as the only offense on a horrible St Louis team. After Romo going off for Dallas last night I am probably rolling the dice with the less safe pick in Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread