What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ultimate Survivor - League 4, Leg 2 (1 Viewer)

Garrard, David JAC QB 7

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 6

I had two main QB targets going into this leg. Favre went a round earlier then I was willing to take him, so Garrard was my second choice. With games against Denver, Cleveland, Cinci, and Detroit in this leg, I could not ask for a better SOS. He does draw a tough matchup in week 10 with Tennessee, but with Big Ben on board I should be ok as he goes up against Indy that week. I think the combination of the two should put me in good shape.

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 8

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 9

Taylor, Fred JAC RB 7

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB 4

Hall, Andre DEN RB 8

Young, Selvin DEN RB 8

There were two guys I was considering at 1.01. Peterson and Portis. I just could not pull the trigger on Portis so early. This very well could end up being the weakness of this team. I decided to use the Best ball scoring here and go with a full blown RBBC. Taylor and Maroney have a great SOS for this leg and I am hoping to get maybe 2 decent games out of each. Hall and Young came on a late turn and as much as I hate the Denver running game, if I get 1-2 weeks of production, I’ll have met my expectations for the pair. If the SOS breaks the way I think it will this should be a solid bunch.

Johnson, Calvin DET WR 4

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR 5

Colston, Marques NOS WR 9

Moore, Lance NOS WR 9

Galloway, Joey TBB WR 10

Curry, Ronald OAK WR 5

Moss, Sinorice NYG WR 4

Smith, Steve NYG WR 4

Now I really like this group. Took Calvin at 2.12 and followed it up with Braylon at 3.12 and Colston at 4.01. Megatron and Braylon have already had their bye’s and Colston should see the field next week. I really think Braylon will start to get it right soon. Moore has been great since he got in the lineup and I think he cemented his spot in the starting lineup. Galloway should add some nice depth once he returns from injury. Curry, Moss, and Smith were all flyer picks with their bye weeks behind them.

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE 8

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE 7

Well, I am on the fence with this group. I was hoping Winslow would slide to me and I almost got him. Scheffler was my consolation. Lewis was the best available bye week fill in.

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK 4

Scobee, Josh JAC PK 7

What can I say about kickers? Meh. One has a good SOS and the other has already had his bye. Not much talk about really.

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def 7

Jets, New York NYJ Def 5

I really like the potential of these defenses. They both have great matchups during this leg.

Well, all in all I’d day the draft was ok. I am really not a fan of the 3RR. Looking back, I may have put too much faith in the Jags. Hopefully it won’t be the cause of my demise. I don’t think I’m loaded at any position. I took a few chances. Hopefully they’ll pay off and I end up in the top 3 and move on. 8 of 22 players have already had their bye. I think WR, QB are the strong areas of this team. Regardless of the outcome, I had fun. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantasy Points per game in bold (league settings)

Griese, Brian TBB QB 10 12.57

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 7 17.84

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 8 23.20

Bush, Michael OAK RB 5 9.45

Jones, Julius SEA RB 4 14.40

Parker, Willie PIT RB 6 14.77

Portis, Clinton WAS RB 10 16.86

Washington, Leon NYJ RB 5 5.48

Burress, Plaxico NYG WR 4 16.63

Gage, Justin TEN WR 6 11.87

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR 7 6.02

Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR 9 14.56

Stokley, Brandon DEN WR 8 10.06

White, Roddy ATL WR 7 16.72

Miller, Billy NOS TE 9 6.68

Olsen, Greg CHI TE 8 8.72

Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE 9 13.03

Lindell, Rian BUF PK 6 9.78

Prater, Matt DEN PK 8 12.68

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def 9 10.00

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def 9 10.00

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 6 11.00

Bye weeks:

weeks 2-5: 4

Week six: 4

Week seven: 3

Week eight: 4

Week nine: 5

Week ten: 2

Week seven is my biggest concern, both at rb and wr. I like the team a lot and hope to be mid pack that week and do well the other four. I took a lot of gambles just for upside. It will be a battle to be top three and I would rather shoot for potential and finish 10th than play it safe and finish fourth. Here is the team:

1. Garcia, Jeff TBB QB 10

2. Manning, Peyton IND QB 4

3. Ryan, Matt ATL QB 7

Decent group. Probably too dependent on Peyton. Took Garcia because of the week 6 matchup.

4. Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB 7

5. Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 6

6. Johnson, Larry KCC RB 6

7. Jones, Felix DAL RB 10

8. Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB 7

9. Norwood, Jerious ATL RB 7

10. Taylor, Chester MIN RB 8

I like this group as long as week seven is not too brutal.

11. Breaston, Steve ARI WR 7

12. Hixon, Domenik NYG WR 4

13. Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 7

14. Johnson, Andre HOU WR 2

15. Rice, Sidney MIN WR 8

16. Wayne, Reggie IND WR 4

Went WR/WR with two that have had their bye just to soften the blow. I like the others well enough.

17. Watson, Ben NEP TE 4

18. Winslow, Kellen CLE TE 5

Winslow slid because of the health concerns, but could not pass him up. I like Watson's upside.

19. Mare, Olindo SEA PK 4

Risked it with just one kicker.

20. Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 6

21. Colts, Indianapolis IND Def 4

22. Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def 7

Three defenses for upside.

Master of Past and Present

Bulger, Marc STL QB - 5

Campbell, Jason WAS QB - 10

Flacco, Joe BAL QB - 2

Graham, Earnest TBB RB - 10

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB - 5

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB - 6

Pittman, Michael DEN RB - 8

Sproles, Darren SDC RB - 9

Camarillo, Greg MIA WR - 4

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 8

Engram, Bobby SEA WR - 4

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 7

Ginn Jr., Ted MIA WR - 4

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR - 8

Toomer, Amani NYG WR - 4

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE - 5

Witten, Jason DAL TE (P) - 10

Elam, Jason ATL PK - 7

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK - 9

Mehlhaff, Taylor NOS PK - 9

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def - 4

Texans, Houston HOU Def - 2

I sent the wife to her mother's today so I could be home alone to watch football and drink beer in peace all day. My draft may have suffered from the beer a bit.

Anderson, Derek CLE QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Perry, Chris CIN RB

Slaton, Steve HOU RB

Avery, Donnie STL WR

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Brown, Reggie PHI WR (O)

Bryant, Antonio TBB WR

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Hester, Devin CHI WR

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR

Jones, James GBP WR

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Crumpler, Alge TEN TE

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Bironas, Rob TEN PK

Longwell, Ryan MIN PK

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def

My first leg team looked pretty weak on paper, and I won it. :rolleyes: to another 5 weeks of it!

Eli was a reach, but he already had his bye. Anderson may be out of a job soon so I should have grabbed a 3rd. I would have taken another QB towards the end of the draft but really didn't like any available.

I like my RBs of Addai, Slaton, LBJ, and getting Perry later. They all see and catch passes which should help. Missed out on Ahman so I waited and took Brandon Jackson as a drunk homer pick.

Wow, I really took 9 WRs? :pokey: Hopefully 3 of them perform decently each week. Week 6 will be rough as Holmes and Bowe are on bye.

Gates and Crumpler at TE should be OK.

I thought about grabbing a 3rd kicker in the 22nd round since Longwell and Bironas both have byes coming up. I probably should have waited on Longwell and grabbed a K w/o a bye then. Oh well...

I wanted a DST w/o bye issues and was happy to land Baltimore. Dallas as a back-up should work. Hopefully Balt DST doesn't lay an egg week 10.

I didn't have any major strategy entering this draft. I tried to key in on players who already had byes early on, but that was about it and I wasn't going to pass on value just because of their bye week.

We'll see... Time for another :drive:

Well, here's my team. I'll preface this by saying I know I'm going to take a ton of criticism for taking so many players with bye weeks still to come, and it is totally justified. I'll be scrambling every week with only 6 of 22 players past the bye week. Some of those players are fliers, so it doesn't matter... but then again, at RB, I'll be counting on only a few guys each week.

Frerotte, Gus MIN QB 8

Romo, Tony DAL QB 10

Schaub, Matt HOU QB 2

Obviously, I'll be counting on Romo to shoulder the load here, and I may have reached a bit to grab him. But the SOS is solid until the bye week and the Dallas offense is just about matchup-proof. Hopefully Schaub or Gus are still upright Week 10 and can cover for Romo. Schuab has a brutal matchup with BAL that week, but at least Gus gets the Pack at home.

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG 4

Gore, Frank SFO RB 9

Grant, Ryan GBP RB 8

James, Edgerrin ARI RB 7

Jones, Kevin CHI RB 8

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB 9

Not a bad group... until you look at their byes. Week 6 and Week 10, I'll have everybody, but 7-9 I'll need some good performances. Only took Jones very late just for the possibility of him lighting up the Lions in garbage time Week 9 when Gore and McAllister are off. A boom or bust group here, for sure. If they do well, I'll be OK... if not, I'm in trouble.

Battle, Arnaz SFO WR 9

Berrian, Bernard MIN WR 8

Chatman, Antonio CIN WR 10

Gaffney, Jabar NEP WR 4

Holt, Torry STL WR 5

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR 9

Moss, Randy NEP WR 4

Still some bye weeks here, but I'll have Moss and his great schedule all five weeks. Now we'll just have to see if last week was a trend or a mirage. My team depends on it. Took a shot that with Holt past his bye and Linehan gone, maybe he's a viable starter for me all five weeks. Berrian has pretty good matchups starting with DET this week, and Jackson will see a bit more action until Chambers returns. Hopefully Gaffney or Battle can count for me once or twice. Chatman was a last round pick based on getting 6, 8 and 7 targets the last three weeks. I doubt I use him. Moss is the key here, with Holt right behind him.

Miller, Zach OAK TE 5

Shiancoe, Vishante MIN TE 8

Would have preferred to reach for Witten here, as it has been a great strategy in almost evry league this year. He gives you a head start each week with consistent TE production. But... I didn't get him. Thought about Cooley, got sniped. Settled for Miller, who at least has had his bye. Hopefully Russell keeps throwing those 10 yard passes. Shiancoe has frying pans for hands, but what the hell... he's 7th in targets for TE this year and faces some weak teams. Took him much later. Would have preferred to pair Miller with Miller (Heath).

Bryant, Matt TBB PK 10

Crosby, Mason GBP PK 8

Went with two kickers each having a solid SOS, though kickers can be unpredictable. Bryant is Mike Herman's #1 kicker the rest of the way, for what it's worth. As with everyone else, hoping one or the other has a good week each week.

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def 7

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def 8

Matchups, matchups, matchups. Week 6, MIN gets Orlovsky and DET, PHI will rack up sacks on JTO and SF. Week 7, MIN gets the Bears (although they are improved). Week 8, PHI gets rookie Matt Ryan at home. Week 9, MIN gets the Texans at home. Only week 10 isn't great, with PHI at SEA and MIN home to GB.

So I guess this is where I'm supposed to post how good my team is and how I will dominate... but I'm not going to. It's very late and I don't quite know yet what to make of this team. The byes may be too many for me to advance. Other than that, I don't think I'm extremely strong in any area, but I don't think I'm overly weak in any area either. Sometimes balance isn't the best thing in a best ball format, so we'll see.

It should be a close race to the wire... good luck to all!

I started to post a blow-by-blow account of how this draft went, then I noticed that I took Roy Williams in the 4th round. I wasn't drinking, I hate Roy Williams and I can't ever remember drafting three WRs in the first four rounds in a format like this. I remember being fussy about losing MJD to Tefertiller one pick ahead of mine in the third and I remember thinking that I shouldn't be reaching for McFadden in the fifth. I must've been possessed by the ghost of Matt Millen between those two thoughts. :yes:

9.05 Matt Cassel 4

10.08 Kyle Orton 8

16.08 Jon Kitna 4

1.08 Reggie Bush 9

5.05 Darren McFadden 5

11.05 Ricky Williams 4

13.05 Rudi Johnson 4

17.05 Ryan Torain 8

18.08 Ahman Green 2

2.05 Terrell Owens 10

3.05 Wes Welker 4

4.08 Roy Williams 4

6.08 Kevin Curtis 7

7.05 Derrick Mason 2

20.08 Nate Washington 6

21.05 James Hardy 6

8.08 Tony Gonzalez 6

15.05 Todd Heap 2

19.05 Kris Brown 2

22.08 Matt Stover 2

12.08 New York Giants 4

14.08 Seattle Seahawks 4

This team needs a reverse :Blooming: in the worst way. :banned:

I started to post a blow-by-blow account of how this draft went, then I noticed that I took Roy Williams in the 4th round. I wasn't drinking, I hate Roy Williams and I can't ever remember drafting three WRs in the first four rounds in a format like this. I remember being fussy about losing MJD to Tefertiller one pick ahead of mine in the third and I remember thinking that I shouldn't be reaching for McFadden in the fifth. I must've been possessed by the ghost of Matt Millen between those two thoughts. :mellow:18.08 Ahman Green 27.05 Derrick Mason 2This team needs a reverse :Blooming: in the worst way. :lmao:
If it makes you feel any better, I yelled #### and scared the #### out of my wife's cat when you made those two picks.

Jackhammer said:
The Rays won, and my team doesn't totally stink. It's a pretty good night.
After a little sleep, my wrs are very weak. Since wr is probably the most important position, I am going to need alot of luck to advance to the next leg. Also, having both kickers end up with the same week 10 bye is unfortunate.

Pre Monday Night Football

1. Jeff Tefertiller 11-0 (207.9 pts. w/Hixon - 15.9, KWII -0 tonight)

2. Master of Past and Present 10-1 (159.8, Toomer -11.3)

3. RenegadeGM 9-2 (157.7, Bradshaw -9.0)

4. John Norton 8-3 (151.7, Carney -16.8)

5. Jeff Haseley 7-4 (141.8, Burress -9.8)

6. Eraser 6-5 (140.3, Jacobs, J. Lewis... both could count, -0.6 and -8.4)

7. Firesalt 5-6 (134.5, Stallworth -13.7, Browns D -0)

8. Jene Bramel 4-7 (114.6, Giants D -4.0)

9. Jackhammer 3-8 (112.2, Quinn -27.3)

10. Mik789fl 2-9 (112.0, Ward -7.0)

11. eric rymer 1-10 (107.5, Edwards, Si. Moss, St. Smith... possibly all 3? -2.3, 3.0, 6.2)

12. kleck 0-11 (73.7, D. Anderson -0, E. Manning -0)

After tonight for this week only: Looks like Jeff T. has a hold on the top spot. Eraser has a good shot to leapfrog up into the top 3. Jeff H. could also vault into the top 3 with a good showing from Plax. Master and RenegadeGM may need help to hold onto a top 3 spot. John Norton looks to finish just outside top 3. Barring some unexpected big games, the remainder appear to be fighting for positioning going into week 7.

Pre Monday Night Football1. Jeff Tefertiller 11-0 (207.9 pts. w/Hixon - 15.9, KWII -0 tonight)2. Master of Past and Present 10-1 (159.8, Toomer -11.3)3. RenegadeGM 9-2 (157.7, Bradshaw -9.0)4. John Norton 8-3 (151.7, Carney -16.8)5. Jeff Haseley 7-4 (141.8, Burress -9.8)6. Eraser 6-5 (140.3, Jacobs, J. Lewis... both could count, -0.6 and -8.4)7. Firesalt 5-6 (134.5, Stallworth -13.7, Browns D -0)8. Jene Bramel 4-7 (114.6, Giants D -4.0)9. Jackhammer 3-8 (112.2, Quinn -27.3)10. Mik789fl 2-9 (112.0, Ward -7.0)11. eric rymer 1-10 (107.5, Edwards, Si. Moss, St. Smith... possibly all 3? -2.3, 3.0, 6.2)12. kleck 0-11 (73.7, D. Anderson -0, E. Manning -0)After tonight for this week only: Looks like Jeff T. has a hold on the top spot. Eraser has a good shot to leapfrog up into the top 3. Jeff H. could also vault into the top 3 with a good showing from Plax. Master and RenegadeGM may need help to hold onto a top 3 spot. John Norton looks to finish just outside top 3. Barring some unexpected big games, the remainder appear to be fighting for positioning going into week 7.
Nice work! :lol:

Pre Monday Night Football1. Jeff Tefertiller 11-0 (207.9 pts. w/Hixon - 15.9, KWII -0 tonight)2. Master of Past and Present 10-1 (159.8, Toomer -11.3)3. RenegadeGM 9-2 (157.7, Bradshaw -9.0)4. John Norton 8-3 (151.7, Carney -16.8)5. Jeff Haseley 7-4 (141.8, Burress -9.8)6. Eraser 6-5 (140.3, Jacobs, J. Lewis... both could count, -0.6 and -8.4)7. Firesalt 5-6 (134.5, Stallworth -13.7, Browns D -0)8. Jene Bramel 4-7 (114.6, Giants D -4.0)9. Jackhammer 3-8 (112.2, Quinn -27.3)10. Mik789fl 2-9 (112.0, Ward -7.0)11. eric rymer 1-10 (107.5, Edwards, Si. Moss, St. Smith... possibly all 3? -2.3, 3.0, 6.2)12. kleck 0-11 (73.7, D. Anderson -0, E. Manning -0)After tonight for this week only: Looks like Jeff T. has a hold on the top spot. Eraser has a good shot to leapfrog up into the top 3. Jeff H. could also vault into the top 3 with a good showing from Plax. Master and RenegadeGM may need help to hold onto a top 3 spot. John Norton looks to finish just outside top 3. Barring some unexpected big games, the remainder appear to be fighting for positioning going into week 7.
Nice work! :thumbup:
Agreed - thanks for the write-up RenegadeGM. :thumbup: The staff as a whole is looking petty good so far. Nice outing Jeff T. What happened to Dr. Jene?

I knew week 6 would be a tough one with a starting RB and my top 2 WRs on bye, but ouch! Addai getting hurt certainly didn't help either.

Starting 0-11... I don't think this team has a 2004 Red Sox like comeback in them.

:banned:

Well, forget how I end up this week. Looks like I just Romo for the duration of this leg.

Somehow I doubt Schaub and Frerotte are enough to get me by.

Oh well.

Can I bank a few of these points for next week? I will need them with so many players having a week seven bye. Losing Felix Jones does not help matters any, either.

Good luck guys.

Man Braylon and Smith really stepped up for me. Moved up 3 spots (I think). Not to be greedy, but if Smith catches that 4th and 2 I could have picked up 3 or 4 more. As a Browns fan I wanted the drop, but as a guy trying to get out of the cellar here, I was praying for that catch. If someone with access could post up the final results I'd appreciate it. No access here at work. I was hoping for a good night, but I really didn't expect this.

eric rymer (145.8 pts)

Mik789fl (117.2 pts)

Jeff Haseley (147.8 pts)

John Norton (151.7 pts)

Eraser (160.2 pts)

RenegadeGM (157.7 pts)

Firesalt (147.5 pts)

Jene Bramel (114.6 pts)

Jeff Tefertiller (207.9 pts)

Jackhammer (112.4 pts)

kleck (99.2 pts)

Master of Past and Present (159.8 pts)

Jeff Tefertiller (207.9 pts) 11-0

Eraser (160.2 pts) 10-1

Master of Past and Present (159.8 pts) 9-2

RenegadeGM (157.7 pts) 8-3

John Norton (151.7 pts) 7-4

Jeff Haseley (147.8 pts) 6-5

Firesalt (147.5 pts) 5-6

eric rymer (145.8 pts) 4-7

Mik789fl (117.2 pts) 3-8

Jene Bramel (114.6 pts) 2-9

Jackhammer (112.4 pts) 1-10

kleck (99.2 pts) 0-11
Put it in order and added the records.

Jeff Tefertiller (207.9 pts) 11-0

Eraser (160.2 pts) 10-1

Master of Past and Present (159.8 pts) 9-2

RenegadeGM (157.7 pts) 8-3

John Norton (151.7 pts) 7-4

Jeff Haseley (147.8 pts) 6-5

Firesalt (147.5 pts) 5-6

eric rymer (145.8 pts) 4-7

Mik789fl (117.2 pts) 3-8

Jene Bramel (114.6 pts) 2-9

Jackhammer (112.4 pts) 1-10

kleck (99.2 pts) 0-11
Put it in order and added the records.
:goodposting: Thanks guys.

Pre Monday Night Football

1. Jeff Tefertiller 11-0 (207.9 pts. w/Hixon - 15.9, KWII -0 tonight)

2. Master of Past and Present 10-1 (159.8, Toomer -11.3)

3. RenegadeGM 9-2 (157.7, Bradshaw -9.0)

4. John Norton 8-3 (151.7, Carney -16.8)

5. Jeff Haseley 7-4 (141.8, Burress -9.8)

6. Eraser 6-5 (140.3, Jacobs, J. Lewis... both could count, -0.6 and -8.4)

7. Firesalt 5-6 (134.5, Stallworth -13.7, Browns D -0)

8. Jene Bramel 4-7 (114.6, Giants D -4.0)

9. Jackhammer 3-8 (112.2, Quinn -27.3)

10. Mik789fl 2-9 (112.0, Ward -7.0)

11. eric rymer 1-10 (107.5, Edwards, Si. Moss, St. Smith... possibly all 3? -2.3, 3.0, 6.2)

12. kleck 0-11 (73.7, D. Anderson -0, E. Manning -0)

After tonight for this week only: Looks like Jeff T. has a hold on the top spot. Eraser has a good shot to leapfrog up into the top 3. Jeff H. could also vault into the top 3 with a good showing from Plax. Master and RenegadeGM may need help to hold onto a top 3 spot. John Norton looks to finish just outside top 3. Barring some unexpected big games, the remainder appear to be fighting for positioning going into week 7.
Good Call on that one RenegadeGM

This week, pre-Monday Night Football:

Mik789fl 171.8 (Faulk -9.9, New England -24.0) 3-8 last week

kleck 159.5 (done) 0-11 last week

Eraser 150.8 (done) 10-1 last week

Firesalt 140.2 (Morris -8.9, DJax -7.1) 5-6 last week

RenegadeGM 136.4 (Moss and Gaffney -8.1 and 9.7) 8-3 last week

Jene Bramel 135.1 (Cassel -22.2, Torain -7.0, Welker -5.1) 2-9 last week

Master of Past and Present 130.8 (Pittman -14.5, Marshall -7.5) 9-2 last week

Jackhammer 129.3 (Cutler -17.4, Royal -11.0) 1-10 last week

John Norton 126.1 (done) 7-4 last week

Jeff Haseley 123.7 (Stokley -0.0, Prater -13.2) 6-5 last week

eric rymer 110.0 (Hall, S. Young, Maroney -4.0, then 14.1, then 26.0, Gostkowski - 0.0) 4-7 last week

Jeff Tefertiller 95.6 (Watson -3.7) 11-0 last week

- Mik789fl will most likely hold the top spot

- Firesalt could pass Eraser... longshot to pass kleck but a chance

- RenegadeGM only moves up with a big game by Moss

- Bramel should get Welker to score... can he move up a slot or two?

- Master could have a big night but will need others in front to be quiet

- Jackhammer looks to move up 1-3 slots

- Not much movement below Jackhammer expected unless Gostkowski goes off

Going to be interesting to see the standings after tomorrow night... looks like Eraser has been the most consistent over two weeks... most teams should only be separated by a few wins after an up and down two weeks

This week, pre-Monday Night Football:Mik789fl 171.8 (Faulk -9.9, New England -24.0) 3-8 last weekkleck 159.5 (done) 0-11 last weekEraser 150.8 (done) 10-1 last weekFiresalt 140.2 (Morris -8.9, DJax -7.1) 5-6 last weekRenegadeGM 136.4 (Moss and Gaffney -8.1 and 9.7) 8-3 last weekJene Bramel 135.1 (Cassel -22.2, Torain -7.0, Welker -5.1) 2-9 last weekMaster of Past and Present 130.8 (Pittman -14.5, Marshall -7.5) 9-2 last weekJackhammer 129.3 (Cutler -17.4, Royal -11.0) 1-10 last weekJohn Norton 126.1 (done) 7-4 last weekJeff Haseley 123.7 (Stokley -0.0, Prater -13.2) 6-5 last weekeric rymer 110.0 (Hall, S. Young, Maroney -4.0, then 14.1, then 26.0, Gostkowski - 0.0) 4-7 last weekJeff Tefertiller 95.6 (Watson -3.7) 11-0 last week- Mik789fl will most likely hold the top spot- Firesalt could pass Eraser... longshot to pass kleck but a chance- RenegadeGM only moves up with a big game by Moss- Bramel should get Welker to score... can he move up a slot or two?- Master could have a big night but will need others in front to be quiet- Jackhammer looks to move up 1-3 slots- Not much movement below Jackhammer expected unless Gostkowski goes offGoing to be interesting to see the standings after tomorrow night... looks like Eraser has been the most consistent over two weeks... most teams should only be separated by a few wins after an up and down two weeks
Being in the 3 hole right now, I see 5 teams that can pass me up. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a big change between the 3rd-8th teams this week.E

Justin Gage and especially Willie Parker out this past week really hurt my team. One of the reasons why I drafted Parker was his week 7 match up against Cincinnati. Oh well, hopefully there's some fire left in my lineup to get the job done, but I've got quite a hill to climb now.

I didn't expect to be leading this thing. But I really didn't think I would be 5-17 either. :wall: I think my RB depth will hurt me in the long run. I still like this team, but I think I might have just gotten myself in too deep a hole though.

hopefully I did the numbers right since I can't access the site at the moment.

Week 2 scoring:

Mik789fl scored 171.8 points

kleck scored 159.5 points

RenegadeGM scored 152.2 points

Firesalt scored 151.1 points

Eraser scored 150.8 points

Jene Bramel scored 148.3 points

Master of Past and Present scored 137.7 points

Jackhammer scored 134.4 points

John Norton scored 126.1 points

Jeff Haseley scored 123.7 points

eric rymer scored 122.1 points

Jeff Tefertiller scored 102.6 points

Standings :

RenegadeGM - 17-5

Eraser - 17-5

Mik789fl – 14-8

Master of Past and Present – 14-8

Firesalt – 13-9

Jeff Tefertiller – 11-11

John Norton - 10-12

kleck – 10-12

Jene Bramel – 8-14

Jeff Haseley – 8-14

Jackhammer – 5-17

eric rymer – 5-17

This week's pre-MNF report:

1. Master of Past and Present 152.1 (done) 14-8 coming in

2. Mik789fl 150.4 (LWhite -8.9) 14-8

3. John Norton 149.5 (KCollins -29.0, AGonzalez -6.0, DClark -6.0 or 7.1, depending on Gonzo, Vinatieri -13.5) 10-12

4. Firesalt 146.6 (done) 13-9

5. Jeff Haseley 145.9 (JGage -5.1) 8-14

6. Jackhammer 143.2 (BScaife -5.3) 5-17

7. RenegadeGM 138.9 (done) 17-5

8. Eraser 137.7 (MHarrison -9.4) 17-5

9. Jene Bramel 132.0 (done) 8-14

10. kleck 117.8 (CJohnson -0.0, ACrumpler -0.2, RBironas -0.0) 10-12

11. Jeff Tefertiller 117.4 (PManning -20.3, RWayne -5.9, Colts -4.0) 11-11

12. eric rymer 108.4 (done) 5-17

For this week:

- Norton and mik789fl should pass Master

- kleck will make a huge jump as all three guys going tomorrow should count... could even take over top spot with a big game from CJ3 especially

Overall:

- Lots of parity at the top, but some separation into two groups. After going 11-0 week 1, Jeff T. might be falling out of conention already... he'll need nice games from Wayne and the Colts to make up ground. Fellow staffer Bramel looks to be done. Eric, you're a good guy, but I'm sorry to say it is over. Kleck is coming on strong and will be near the top after this week. Master and mik789fl will also be somewhere near the top after good weeks. Last week's co-leaders, myself and Eraser will slip this week out of that position but will be in contention. Firesalt will also be in the running. Norton and Jackhammer have a make or break week coming up.

RenegadeGM said:
This week's pre-MNF report:1. Master of Past and Present 152.1 (done) 14-8 coming in2. Mik789fl 150.4 (LWhite -8.9) 14-8 3. John Norton 149.5 (KCollins -29.0, AGonzalez -6.0, DClark -6.0 or 7.1, depending on Gonzo, Vinatieri -13.5) 10-124. Firesalt 146.6 (done) 13-95. Jeff Haseley 145.9 (JGage -5.1) 8-146. Jackhammer 143.2 (BScaife -5.3) 5-177. RenegadeGM 138.9 (done) 17-5 8. Eraser 137.7 (MHarrison -9.4) 17-5 9. Jene Bramel 132.0 (done) 8-1410. kleck 117.8 (CJohnson -0.0, ACrumpler -0.2, RBironas -0.0) 10-1211. Jeff Tefertiller 117.4 (PManning -20.3, RWayne -5.9, Colts -4.0) 11-1112. eric rymer 108.4 (done) 5-17For this week:- Norton and mik789fl should pass Master- kleck will make a huge jump as all three guys going tomorrow should count... could even take over top spot with a big game from CJ3 especiallyOverall:- Lots of parity at the top, but some separation into two groups. After going 11-0 week 1, Jeff T. might be falling out of conention already... he'll need nice games from Wayne and the Colts to make up ground. Fellow staffer Bramel looks to be done. Eric, you're a good guy, but I'm sorry to say it is over. Kleck is coming on strong and will be near the top after this week. Master and mik789fl will also be somewhere near the top after good weeks. Last week's co-leaders, myself and Eraser will slip this week out of that position but will be in contention. Firesalt will also be in the running. Norton and Jackhammer have a make or break week coming up.
I have the fingers crossed for a 20+ point game from Harrison tonight. I could jump up 3 or 4 spots with a decent game!!

Well guys, it's certainly been fun. But I know a dead man walking when I see one. I needed a perfect game this week and it just wasn't to be. I place full blame on he guy that drafted this team.....wait that was me. Yup it's my fault. :lmao: I had a blast though and really appreciated the invite. I wish the best of luck to everyone and hopefully we can do this again next year. :lmao:

I knew week 6 would be a tough one with a starting RB and my top 2 WRs on bye, but ouch! Addai getting hurt certainly didn't help either.Starting 0-11... I don't think this team has a 2004 Red Sox like comeback in them. :excited:
Or maybe they do...

Unofficial Standings after week 9

Master of Past and Present 32-12

kleck 31-13

John Norton 30-14

Eraser 28-16

Mik789fl 27-17

RenegadeGM 22-22

Firesalt 20-24

---Eliminated---

Jene Bramel 17-27

Jeff Tefertiller 17-27

Jeff Haseley 17-27

Jackhammer 12-32

eric rymer 11-33

Unofficial Standings after week 9Master of Past and Present 32-12kleck 31-13John Norton 30-14Eraser 28-16Mik789fl 27-17RenegadeGM 22-22Firesalt 20-24---Eliminated---Jene Bramel 17-27Jeff Tefertiller 17-27Jeff Haseley 17-27Jackhammer 12-32eric rymer 11-33
If so, I'll need any cushion I can get. Pittman is out and Graham on bye. Not much left at RB with Parker being back and Moore not getting much play today. Certainly will need a couple receivers to step up big. Good luck to those with still a chance in the last week.

Kleck said:
Unofficial Standings after week 9Master of Past and Present 32-12kleck 31-13John Norton 30-14Eraser 28-16Mik789fl 27-17RenegadeGM 22-22Firesalt 20-24---Eliminated---Jene Bramel 17-27Jeff Tefertiller 17-27Jeff Haseley 17-27Jackhammer 12-32eric rymer 11-33
Best of luck to those moving on. I got exactly what I deserved here. :thumbup:

I got off to a good start on Thursday night. My team is limited with Bye week issues, so Lewis and Brandon Jacobs are all I have to offer at RB. I'm half way home from that standpoint.

E

Well, I'm not eliminated but I might as well be. I've been terrible the past two weeks. Edge getting benched last week was the final nail in the coffin. Only top 3 advance, so even if I were to somehow, some way go 11-0 (which isn't happening anyway), I'd still only have 33 wins, and the current third place team has 30.Getting to round 2 was fun... good luck to those advancing.

congrats to those moving on. I had a huge week 6 and week 10 ... but little in between.

Master of Past and Present is as safe of a bet to move on as there is. Another solid week from him, and he still has Fitz (-10.3).

Norton is also looking safe to move on. He still has Ari DST (-0) and B. Johnson (-6.6) tonight.

I'm done scoring at 105.4, and although I have a small lead over Eraser and Mik789fl, they still have some guys playing tonight and could pass me up for the 3rd spot. Especially Eraser since I only had a 3 game lead over him heading into week 10, and he still has Boldin (-0) and V. Davis (-6.6) tonight.

Should be a close one...

Any idea what the tie-break is on this?? It's nail biting time!!! :excited:
I believe it's total points. It's looking pretty good for you. 12.4 more points from Boldin and Davis, and 1.2 more from Gore (RenegadeGM), and you are in since you have the tie breaker over me.

I hope you make it Eraser. I need 16 more points from Boldin to get the win in my main league (similar scoring to WCOFF). I'm in a close battle for the division lead and the 1st round bye in the playoffs.

GL! :wall:

So if I am reading this correctly, Eraser needs either to pass Jeff Haseley or needs Firesalt to pass Kleck to get in?
Pretty much. If Eraser passes Haseley then he and I will be tied, and I'm pretty sure the tie breaker (total points) goes to him.Good luck and congrats to you moving on. :P

So if I am reading this correctly, Eraser needs either to pass Jeff Haseley or needs Firesalt to pass Kleck to get in?
Pretty much. If Eraser passes Haseley then he and I will be tied, and I'm pretty sure the tie breaker (total points) goes to him.Good luck and congrats to you moving on. :P
I have Firesalt working on my side also. 6 more points from Warner will get the job done also.Good Luck!!E

Users who are viewing this thread