What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UH to defy NFL uniform order to not wear baby blues. (1 Viewer)

Every Peewee team and high school team near Houston should wear baby blues next year.

The NFL should have different uniforms for different teams but...they can shush at telling kids what they shouldn't wear. If it doesn't have their logo then shush.

Every Peewee team and high school team near Houston should wear baby blues next year.

The NFL should have different uniforms for different teams but...they can shush at telling kids what they shouldn't wear. If it doesn't have their logo then shush.
There have been cases won by both the NFL and Colleges re colors being 'IP' or tied to their brand...LSU won a case vs a beer company for example.
But I think UH adding the color to their official Style Guide fixes the issue.

Reactions: Bri

There have been cases won by both the NFL and Colleges re colors being 'IP' or tied to their brand...LSU won a case vs a beer company for example.
But I think UH adding the color to their official Style Guide fixes the issue.
That lands different for me. We will profit off your uniforms versus we like these colors.

Finally found the article in the Chronicle. They seem to be using a color wheel.

UH’s version used during the football season included a slightly different shade of blue than the Columbia blue that was made popular during the Oilers’ “Luv Ya Blue” era of the late 1970s.

I doubt the NFL can dictate that. Houston is chock full of attorneys.

Interesting. I never knew you could trademark a color. On another note, F Bud Adams and the Titans.

Interesting. I never knew you could trademark a color. On another note, F Bud Adams and the Titans.
No argument there.

I think Goodell was hanging the argument on the stripes and trade dress. I doubt they can win this now. UH has made just enough changes.

The NFL made all light blue uniforms for the Texans for the new HTown Blue uni during the design phase (not the Texans). The Titans lost their stuff at that proposal. Feels like the full court middle finger press to the Adamses and I’m here for it.

Users who are viewing this thread