What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tupperware - Explain this to me like I'm teat (1 Viewer)

Psychopav

Help us, Joebi-Wan Brynobi, you're our only ho
My wife has a couple of tupperware bowls whose lids have cracked. She bought this stuff when we were first married and explained that while they are more expensive than the rival containers, it's worth it because they are "guaranteed for life".

Now she tells me that it costs like $20 (plus s&h) to replace each lid, and that they have also been "discontinued".

WTF? How can they advertise guaranteed for life and then pull this crap? Is this the biggest scam sonce Madoff? I feel like we've been hoodwinked, and that we should have been buying Rubbermaid all along.

Are we just suckers? Expectations too high? Or should I call the BBB to take this leftover container juggernaught down a peg or two?

From what I understand, they replace discountinued items with "similar" items they currently sell. I have no idea about shipping and handling charges.

From what I understand, they replace discountinued items with "similar" items they currently sell. I have no idea about shipping and handling charges.
So we should go for a total replacement instead of just the lids? Interesting...I will ask about this and report back.

I prefer the term "bamboozled" over "hoodwinked".

"Hornswaggled" is obviously a distant 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your paypal? I'm sure we can scrape together the $20 to help you out.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?
Look, all I'm asking for is that lifetime guarantee mean lifetime guarantee. I mean, if my Zippo breaks I can get a new Zippo. If the emergency pen in my Swiss Army Knife runs out of ink, I can get a replacement*. Is it too much to ask the same of my leftover food containers, which cost more than either of these?*assumed, since neither has actually happened and likely never will.

What's funny to me is that you expect a product made of plastic to last for decades.

Buck up and buy more receptacles.

Hell, you couldn't gotten some for FREE in Baltimore last Monday.

i lost my swiss army knife :(

i'll prolly face a court martial should I ever go to Switzerland

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?
Look, all I'm asking for is that lifetime guarantee mean lifetime guarantee. I mean, if my Zippo breaks I can get a new Zippo. If the emergency pen in my Swiss Army Knife runs out of ink, I can get a replacement*. Is it too much to ask the same of my leftover food containers, which cost more than either of these?*assumed, since neither has actually happened and likely never will.
I agree.

I bought a hose from Ace Hardware about 8 years ago. It was the Ace brand, and on the packaging it said: "The Last Hose You Will Ever Buy". And on the inside of the packaging it had the verbiage of something like: If you are ever dissatisfied with this product, bring back and we will exchange it. Well, as we all know, there ain't a hose alive that can make that claim. So I kept the packaging for it and the other 3 hoses I bought there 8 years ago.

Hose sprung a leak this spring. Walked into Ace with said hose, showed them my packaging, and they told me: go pick one out. Grabbed one that was similar in style and length to the one I had (and it also had the same verbiage of Last Hose You Will Ever Buy) and they ended up being an even swap. The way I figure it, I'll never buy another hose again.

Anyway, the point is, guarantees should mean something. I'd call Tupperware and tell them som#####es you want your free lid. If they say no, get up on social media and shame them into a new lid. It's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

What's funny to me is that you expect a product made of plastic to last for decades.

Buck up and buy more receptacles.

Hell, you couldn't gotten some for FREE in Baltimore last Monday.
I learned on Earth Day that plastic lasts forever in a landfill. Why wouldn't it last a lifetime in my kitchen cabinet? :confused:

I bought a hose from Ace Hardware about 8 years ago. It was the Ace brand, and on the packaging it said: "The Last Hose You Will Ever Buy". And on the inside of the packaging it had the verbiage of something like: If you are ever dissatisfied with this product, bring back and we will exchange it. Well, as we all know, there ain't a hose alive that can make that claim. So I kept the packaging for it and the other 3 hoses I bought there 8 years ago.

Hose sprung a leak this spring. Walked into Ace with said hose, showed them my packaging, and they told me: go pick one out. Grabbed one that was similar in style and length to the one I had (and it also had the same verbiage of Last Hose You Will Ever Buy) and they ended up being an even swap. The way I figure it, I'll never buy another hose again.
Wow this is incredible. I know that at one time I started saving packages that advertised similar stuff, but what a huge pain in the ###. I have no idea which stuff I own is actually guaranteed.

Wow this is incredible. I know that at one time I started saving packages that advertised similar stuff, but what a huge pain in the ###. I have no idea which stuff I own is actually guaranteed.
Marketing FTW.

I remember at the time thinking: there ain't no ####### way a hose can last forever. And since I was 37 at the time, I figure the odds were good I'd be getting a free hose at some point. Just shoved the packaging in my garage until that day would come.

At least you have a chance at recovering your tupperware...I bought new windows for my home 4 yrs ago that supposedly had a lifetime guarantee. Well the manufacturer went bankrupt and the warranty is effectively non-existent. Four of my windows have failed and are in need of replacement :angry:

Back in the day (when my ex sold it), you could just take the broken pieces to a Tupperware Party and they'd be replaced for free (either with identical pieces or the current equivalent). Don't know if they even have parties anymore to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread