What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Transgender boy Mack Beggs wins Texas state girls' wrestling title (1 Viewer)

I feel bad for the girl who finished second. She loses out on her dream to win a championship bevause she's wrestling a he/she hopped up on testosterone.  Testosterone is the very reason that high school sports even need to be divided into boys and girls. Up until about the age of 12, girls are every bit as good as boys in sports. Once boys start producing testosterone, girls can't compete anymore. Especially in physical sport like wrestling or football. I can't really imagine that anyone is impressed with him winning a championship wrestling girls. 

ArbyMelt said:
Agree. I believe the wrestler does want to wrestle against boys, but UIL won't let "him". The next question is, should a person with female body parts but hopped up on steroids be able to wrestle other girls? Is that fair for the other girls? Maybe a male can start taking steroids to transition to a Monkey or some other animal? where do we stop? 
look at this ####in guygirl not sure.

ArbyMelt said:
Agree. I believe the wrestler does want to wrestle against boys, but UIL won't let "him". The next question is, should a person with female body parts but hopped up on steroids be able to wrestle other girls? Is that fair for the other girls? Maybe a male can start taking steroids to transition to a Monkey or some other animal? where do we stop? 
look at this ####in guygirl not sure.
Name suggests a sliced beef sandwich.

Henry Ford said:
Why is that problematic? After a year of hormone therapy, there's a dramatic shift away from testosterone-caused athletic enhancements.  Shorter period of time for teenagers, if I recall correctly.
I assume you're not being facetious.  Let's just use the most simple example - height.  Men are, on average, taller than women.  So, take a 6'3 16 year old male, transition him (her?) to a female.  After one year, hormones mimic those of a biological female - should be ok for her to wrestle girls now, right?

Zow said:
Totally agree with you. I really wish we could hear back to a time where homosexuality was prosecuted, blacks were segregated, women earned way less in the workplace and were instead encouraged to stay at home no matter their desires and skills, and if women didn't put out you could beat them or force sex. Those were definitely the days. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what is complicated or difficult about this situation? Better yet, why is it "unspeakable"?  Person born with girl parts really wants to be a boy (which, if he likes girls, probably makes more sense to the anti-gay folk). Constitution suggests this is his right. That same person wants to wrestle. In that person's state there is a black letter law. Since that person cannot be discriminated against based on gender, that person followed said rule. 
I don't have a problem with a person being whatever he or she wants to be, but I don't understand why someone transitioning to be a male, would wrestle with females?  If this person wants to be a male, why would he not wrestle with other men?  

Hopefully this changes the rule.  

I definitely also understand the argument that he was juiced up in some capacity. I mean look at the picture, he has armpit hair and the gun show is on full display. He obviously did not come naturally to that point, so it's a bit unfair to the other competitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's saying nothing of residual muscle mass from having male hormones for 16 years of life
Nobody's going to take you up on this argument. It's too true. There's no civil rights theory in it. We're supposed to just step back and accept the wet fart that gender identity brings.

Short Corner said:
Pretty sure he'd rather be called a boy.  Sorry you're offended Snowflake.
No, he might prefer the fifty shades of gender identity McGarnicle alluded to, nimrod.

Henry Ford said:
Why would it be offensive to call him a boy?
Because if he's transitioning, he obviously has a problem with identity, which probably can't be solved in a binary way? 

That's an argument you might have to make someday, so I'm playing it, uh, straight.  

I don't have a problem with a person being whatever he or she wants to be, but I don't understand why someone transitioning to be a male, would wrestle with females?  If this person wants to be a male, why would he not wrestle with other men?  

I definitely also understand the argument that he was juiced up in some capacity. I mean look at the picture, he has armpit hair and the gun show is on full display. He obviously did not come naturally to that point, so it's a bit unfair to the other competitors.
He wanted to compete against males, but was not allowed.

He wanted to compete against males, but was not allowed.
I'm aware, I said I hope this changes the rules.  I didnt say he did anything wrong by the letter of the law, but it's a crappy situation for the 59 people he thrashed on the way to the title. 

There's no way he would pass a drug test if that was something they do at that level of competition.  

I think we are on the same page here. I also think, while I can't speak for him, that it wasn't his choice or preference to wrestle girls. 

Ditka Butkus said:
Performance enhancing drugs... Disqualification and forfeit is applicable.... Non participation in sports during transition needs also to apply... Making that transition is a choice.... You want to participate in sports or change your gender...
Finally, the voice of reason decided to weigh in.

Ditka Butkus said:
Performance enhancing drugs... Disqualification and forfeit is applicable.... Non participation in sports during transition needs also to apply... Making that transition is a choice.... You want to participate in sports or change your gender...
I almost always disagree with you but this actually make sense to me. Minus, that is, your comment about transition being a choice- I'll leave that for the experts, as I have no idea. But certainly we can all agree that the time when one decides to begin the process of transition is a choice, and if one decides to start that- taking hormone drugs- then one should not compete in athletic events. 

This seems logical to me. 

Beef Ravioli said:
You are correct in that aspect. The state required her to participate in the field of her actual gender. Good for them! Shame on them for allowing her to participate while receiving the testosterone injections.

The "slippery slope" I am thinking about is the overall big picture. We have a Pandora's Box situation. I really hate what the world is becoming and what my kids and grandkids will have to live in! 

The slippery slope is not just some girl that wants to be a boy in Texas. It is the direction we are headed in as a society. I don't know if it will be in my lifetime but there will come a day when unspeakable things will be accepted because someone tells us that this is the way they were born and we need to accept them. 

Just my old fashioned two cent thoughts....I expect most (in the FFA and elsewhere) will not agree and I am cool with that. I will bow out.
Yeah, back in the "good old days", these kids would not be going through hormone treatments and force people to consider something very foreign to their own viewpoints.  They'd just kill themselves.

A lot of Texas parents apparently. 
 This type of story is red meat for both the religious right conservatives who are freaking out about the rate of change regarding sexuality and gender, and the reactionary social justice warriors who want to point out every single victim, perceived or real, of a male dominated  and cis-dominated society. 

I do feel bad for the kids that get caught up in this because it's hard enough being different than most of your peers - then you become a poster child for some cause or side when you're just 16 trying to figure yourself out. 

I feel bad for the girl who finished second. She loses out on her dream to win a championship bevause she's wrestling a he/she hopped up on testosterone.  Testosterone is the very reason that high school sports even need to be divided into boys and girls. Up until about the age of 12, girls are every bit as good as boys in sports. Once boys start producing testosterone, girls can't compete anymore. Especially in physical sport like wrestling or football. I can't really imagine that anyone is impressed with him winning a championship wrestling girls. 
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I'm glad he's able to transition to what he identifies as. Part of this change is to literally become physically different from normal females you are competing against. Sure, the rules say you CAN wrestle. But sound judgement says you shouldn't.

Now, instead of people around you supporting your decision to change, you now draw their ire. That is completely on you.

I think we are on the same page here. I also think, while I can't speak for him, that it wasn't his choice or preference to wrestle girls. 
It's either a bad situation for him because he can't play, or a bad situation for the 59 girls he beat up on. Hopefully this pushes a rule change through faster than it otherwise would. 

If I was a parent of one of the girls, I would have probably not been too fond of someone beating up on her who obviously is on some form of steroid therapy.  I feel bad for him because you're right, I don't think his intention was to wrestle girls.  Hopefully this becomes a precedent defining situation instead of just a ##### fest. 

yes, you're being so put out here. 
It goes to more than high school wrestling, actually. It's an entire society-wide acceptance of self-declaration of gender, which comes with rights and demands for respect that otherwise were basically (and I mean only basically in the case of the intersexed) solved with the pedestrian binary.   

yes, you're being so put out here. 
It goes to more than high school wrestling, actually. It's an entire society-wide acceptance of self-declaration of gender, which comes with rights and demands for respect that otherwise were basically (and I mean only basically in the case of the intersexed) solved with the pedestrian binary.   

So you'd be happier if they just all killed themselves huh?

Checking in with the social justice warrior crowd here.  It's ok for me to support transgendered people but think that a boy (chemically speaking) wrestling as a girl is crossing the line, yes?

So you'd be happier if they just all killed themselves huh?
Of course. I love when humans commit suicide. That's totally in line with disagreeing with 50 Shades Of Gender Identity Daily. 

Nice leap. This might be the logical equivalent of Wile E.?  

Yes.  They should stay on their lane gender wise out their rights are not implied.  While we're at it let's give them separate drinking fountains and their own section on restaurants and other public places.

Henry Ford said:
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some steroids to take.  I'm planning on transitioning to a monkey. 
May I suggest you take it a step at a time and first go to great ape, and if you like experience go from their to monkey. Oh, if you do get to monkey let me know how you like having a prehensile tail.  I've always wanted one.

Me, I'm taking GGH, Gorilla Growth Hormone.  It is way better than HGH.  

Whenever I hear this term I always think of 80s toys like He-Man and the Transformers. It's so stupid that conservatives are using it as a label as if it means something significant. 
Tim, you didn't even know that they were arguing for bathrooms a year ago. Why the hell you here?  

Yes.  They should stay on their lane gender wise out their rights are not implied.  While we're at it let's give them separate drinking fountains and their own section on restaurants and other public places.
Perfect analogy.  Just stunning in its clarity.  

eta* Hint: If the characteristics are mutable, they ain't immutable. 

Users who are viewing this thread