What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading Russell Wilson. (1 Viewer)

HittinHard

Footballguy
In my Ppr 1 qb dynasty i have Palmer,Wilson,Tannehill.

Had some interest in trading Wilson and i need help at WR.

Not sure how to value Wilson as one trade i received is

Wilson for Brandin Cooks ?

Thoughts -would you want more value for Wilson ?

These sorts of things get better responses in the Assistant Coach forum.

That said, while QBs are devalued in start-1 leagues, Wilson has fairly good value. I suspect if you countered the Cooks owner you'd be able to do better.

Make sure you have a plan for dealing with the QB position a couple years from now when Palmer is done though...

Wilson is points every week. Cooks is a bit unpredictable and we dont know who his QB is next year.

I dont like this trade from your side.

Also, as the poster above said, dont forget Palmer's age. Might be better to move him for a vet receiver or a pick to get a younger guy for development.

I just traded for Wilson the week prior to championship. We can use QB as flex, so can start 2. I had Beckham suspended, Dez out, so I traded Beckham, Luck, Rawls, Dante Fowler, and a 3rd for Wilson, Cooks, and Deone Buchanan. I hated to lose Beckham for the future, but love having Wilson to pair with Carr. And even though Cooks is inconsistent, he can put up some very nice numbers. I won the championship BTW and repeated. :) And I've still got Dez, Martavis, Cooks, Crabtree, and AJ Green at WR to start next year. Will look into trading one of them for a top RB---if there is such a thing anymore??

tex said:
I just traded for Wilson the week prior to championship. We can use QB as flex, so can start 2. I had Beckham suspended, Dez out, so I traded Beckham, Luck, Rawls, Dante Fowler, and a 3rd for Wilson, Cooks, and Deone Buchanan. I hated to lose Beckham for the future, but love having Wilson to pair with Carr. And even though Cooks is inconsistent, he can put up some very nice numbers. I won the championship BTW and repeated. :) And I've still got Dez, Martavis, Cooks, Crabtree, and AJ Green at WR to start next year. Will look into trading one of them for a top RB---if there is such a thing anymore??
I hate that trade for you. But since you have won two straight championships, I won't question your methods.

As someone else mentioned QB's are notoriously impossible to get value for in 1QB leagues. They are also a position where you should never give up a true franchise QB anywhere near his prime if you are near the hunt for the championship.

Someone else mentioned "Wilson is guaranteed points... Cooks is not..." The problem with that line of rationale is THE DELTA in difference at positions is what matters, not the fact that Wilson will score 300+ points in a season whereas Cooks will only score 250+. You've got Palmer and Tannehill? Palmer should be good for one more year while you figure out what Tannehill amounts to. If you pull the trigger you just picked up a WR1 for a QB delta of -0.397/per week by going from Wilson to Palmer (24.497 to 24.100 in my avg/week scoring)...

I could go either way on whether or not to accept this trade. Personally, I believe in Wilson a bit more than Cooks and I've never been big on the converted WR to QB in Tannehll... so I'd probably turn it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
tex said:
Given you can trade all the way up to the championship game it seems unnecessary to give up all of that for a QB.

Users who are viewing this thread