What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading Players on IR in keeper leagues (1 Viewer)

Wadsworth

Footballguy
I'd just like to test the wind so to speak as to how people handle teams trading players on IR in keeper leagues. In one of my keeper leagues there is a group of owners that freak out when you even mention trading an injured player. My response has always been that if it bothers you then you should play redraft instead. So how does your league handle it?

For example, would this trade fly in your keeper league with Charles on IR?

Jamaal Charles for Hakeem Nicks

In our dynasty league you would have to move the IR player back to your active roster (i.e. drop someone else), then you could make the trade.

No issue with that at all. In my 3 keeper league, the round you draft them in is the cost of keeping that player the next year, each year after that the value goes down a round. Our draft is 16 rounds and in the 16th I drafted Ryan Williams RB ARZ and have kept him all year. People are just now noticing this and have offered me decent active players for him.

No issue with that at all. In my 3 keeper league, the round you draft them in is the cost of keeping that player the next year, each year after that the value goes down a round. Our draft is 16 rounds and in the 16th I drafted Ryan Williams RB ARZ and have kept him all year. People are just now noticing this and have offered me decent active players for him.
My league is similar to this one. We only keep 2 players and once a player is kept for 2 years he must be entered back into the draft pool.I traded to get Charles after he was injured. The previous owner figured he wouldn’t want to give up a 1st round pick to keep Charles next year, I figured that I have plenty of time to make that decision and it’s a nice option to have. I have also been trying to move Charles for Chris Johnson. Johnson can’t be kept next year and his owner has yet to win a game. Our draft order is completely random we won’t know what it is until we draw names out of a hat in February.

Users who are viewing this thread