What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Offer Advice (1 Viewer)

oddsbodkins

Footballguy
Trying to get Melvin Gordon in a PPR league. The team he's on has atrocious WRs and was hoping a 2 for 1 would do it. Would any combo of Demaryius, Tate, Benjamin, Thielen and Parker be enough for anyone here to trade Gordon?

Thanks in advance!

I could offer him a RB in return instead of a second WR but want to be measured. Mixon would be the guy I would choose but he's keeper-eligible so I'm not sure. I believe my team to have the best roster already but always looking to improve. 4-1 H2H but only 6-4 in doubleheader standings (3rd place). 2 QB/PPR league.

Brees, Ryan

Hunt, D. Martin, Mixon, Henry, Cook (IR)

A. Brown, Demaryius, Tate, Benjamin, Thielen, Parker

Walker, Engram (both same bye week)

Possible the best course is to leave well enough alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would doubt any combo of those WR's would get the trade done.  I am guessing you would need to include Martin in the deal as well.  

If I'm the Gordon owner I'm not doing it unless I get Martin or Mixon, plus Thomas.  And I'm tempted to say that's still not enough.  

How much of all of that do you have to start each week? That makes a difference. You have really good depth, too good imo, so even a 3-1 where you give Martin and 2 WRs wouldn't be out of line unless you have to start 3 WRs and a flex. Not sure which Benjamin that is, but if it's Kelvin he looks to be a solid WR2 going forward. Martin + DT + one of your back end WRs might be enough push it over, especially if the Gordon owner is getting huge upgrades at WR. If his WRs suck that badly you might even be able to have him throw in one of his that has potential (thinking someone like Cooper/Pryor, don't know what he has).

You might be overpaying, but sometimes that's what it takes to get a top guy and like I said, unless you have to start a bunch of your roster, you can afford it. Your roster is solid, standing pat isn't gonna hurt you. Martin should start putting up better numbers once his conditioning is better and his team isn't getting roflstomped but I think I'd still rather have Gordon.

Users who are viewing this thread