What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade for WR depth? (1 Viewer)

drewd_21

Footballguy
I'm defending Champ and unbeaten so far this season. Debating a trade to add some WR using my LB depth.

WR start 1-5, LB start 1-4

My WR : DK, Ridley, Kupp, Evans, Cooper, Ced Wilson 

My LB: Brooks, White, Smith, Singleton, Oluokun, Kirksey, Long, Neal, Taylor, Grugier Hill, Carter and Kiser.

Looking around rosters a rebuilder has AJ Green who I thought would offer cheapish veteran depth.  I have no real value picks to offer (next 2 years nearly all traded away since I'm going for title again), so I asked what positions he'd be looking for. He offered Green straight up for Brooks, who I'm reluctant to part with given his age and how much I paid to acquire him. He messaged back that he'd do the deal for Oluokun, which I'm considering. 

Any thoughts?

I think those are overpaying for Green but sometimes overpaying isn't a problem.  However, I am not really sure what Green does for you.  How many WR's do you normally start?  Green wouldn't be in your top 5 so you would probably never play him where I think Brooks or Oluokun would be starters for you.

I think those are overpaying for Green but sometimes overpaying isn't a problem.  However, I am not really sure what Green does for you.  How many WR's do you normally start?  Green wouldn't be in your top 5 so you would probably never play him where I think Brooks or Oluokun would be starters for you.
 Would normally start 4 or 5 WR as we only have to start 1 RB (and I only have Zeke and Mixon at RB 🙄 )...tbh RB depth is a bigger problem but WRs are king in this league.

However, I do agree...unlikely to do the deal just weighing up options.

Edit: can only start a max of 2 RBs

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd pass on this one.  Green is good for a bye-week fill in and that's about it.  You would be giving up possible starters at LB.  My thought would be to see if there is anyone else in your league in dire need of LB's.  If so, you should be able to get a little more in return.

Users who are viewing this thread