What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Edelman and Gio/Dixon for Brate and Ingram? (2 Viewers)

mgillig5

Footballguy
I just dealt TY and Tevin Coleman for Melvin Gordon and Julian Edelman. This is my lineup in my 12 man, ppr, .5ppc league

Dak/Rivers

Melvin Gordon

Gio/Dixon

AJ Green

Allen Robinson 

Witten/Fleener

Larry Fitzgerald/Demaryius Thomas

I'm now being offered Ingram and Brate for Gio and Edelman

1. Is Ingram a significant upgrade?

2. Brate plays NO twice in the playoffs. Does that make this worth it?

What do you think?

Good question.

My initial reaction was no... but I think I changed my mind.  

I like Brate in those 2 playoff matchups against NO - he is the #2 in Tampa Bay now and they will likely have to throw to stay with NO in those games.

Ingram is the tough one... he has lost snaps to Hightower and now has a concussion and there is no guarantee he returns even with the extra time, but I would say he is comparable to Gio for you... so no drop there.

The problem is that once Gronk returns I think that Edelman will return to your bench and you will not use him.     

Sorry to ramble.  So my conclusion is that Brate is an upgrade and Ingram has potential to help you.  Its a slight upgrade at your TE position but it is an upgrade.

I kind of like the offer - because of your depth at WR I think you can afford to pull it off - upgrading at TE and assuming Ingram is healthy it is an all around good trade for you.  Your next move though should be to acquire Hightower.

I think I would do this. You are getting guys ( albeit in timeshares like Ingram) with a great Playoff schedule and Edelman is no longer the featured guy in NE so as soon as Gronk is back I don´t see how you would ever start him again. So I would do this trade

NO has actually been pretty solid vs TE. Look how the did vs Olsen. Ingram is certianly and upgrade over the other two but you really need to get Hightower for insurance.

Only fly in the ointment is the Ingram concussion.  Without that this trade would be a no-brainer.  I'm still inclined to take it.

Thanks for answering mine.

Users who are viewing this thread