What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade dilemma with a league-mate (1 Viewer)

jrwall

Footballguy
This isn’t about a trade but more about how to deal with a league-mate. Apologies if this is in the wrong spot and needs to be moved  

Not sure if anyone has dealt with this before but I’ve been working on a trade with a guy in my league since Thursday and we finally came to an agreement yesterday. All conditional picks, players agreed upon. 

I was going out of town and told him I’d send the trade over and he could accept so we could let our commissioner know to push it through. Figured that was the end of it. 

Less than 24 hours later he hasn’t accepted or responded to any of my messages or texts asking for a status update. The most annoying part is he’s altered his lineup and read the messages in our message board that have been posted today. 

I’m assuming he’s ducking my texts because he got cold feet and now doesn’t want to do the deal. This is a league I’ve been in for 10 years now and I know a lot of the guys really well. This guy not as much. 

All the guys in my league have families and kids (myself included) but blatantly ignoring my messages is about as ####ty as it gets. Especially after he made the final adjustments to the trade and I agreed. 

I’m considering calling him out on our message board, but I wanted to see what y’all would do in this situation. I’m 8-1 so I’m making the playoffs regardless, but the deal was for AJ Green so it’s fairly significant. 

What’s the best course of action?

This isn’t about a trade but more about how to deal with a league-mate. Apologies if this is in the wrong spot and needs to be moved  

Not sure if anyone has dealt with this before but I’ve been working on a trade with a guy in my league since Thursday and we finally came to an agreement yesterday. All conditional picks, players agreed upon. 

I was going out of town and told him I’d send the trade over and he could accept so we could let our commissioner know to push it through. Figured that was the end of it. 

Less than 24 hours later he hasn’t accepted or responded to any of my messages or texts asking for a status update. The most annoying part is he’s altered his lineup and read the messages in our message board that have been posted today. 

I’m assuming he’s ducking my texts because he got cold feet and now doesn’t want to do the deal. This is a league I’ve been in for 10 years now and I know a lot of the guys really well. This guy not as much. 

All the guys in my league have families and kids (myself included) but blatantly ignoring my messages is about as ####ty as it gets. Especially after he made the final adjustments to the trade and I agreed. 

I’m considering calling him out on our message board, but I wanted to see what y’all would do in this situation. I’m 8-1 so I’m making the playoffs regardless, but the deal was for AJ Green so it’s fairly significant. 

Do nothing.  He's being an ### but he obviously doesn't want to do the trade.  Move on

It's lame on his end because he's just not being straight with you but you can't force people's hand or make them have integrity. Withdraw your offer and let it go. Karma is a ^&%&*% and he'll be on the wrong end of it at some point. Calling him out is only whining and people will be laughing as much at you as they will be with you.

He may want to deal with you at another point in time. Don't, and perhaps he'll get the point.

Agree with all of the above. A trade is never final until all the "paperwork" has been turned in by both parties. He has a right to not decide to take the offer in the end, even if it was a "handshake" agreement. 

He didn't accept.  Rescind the offer so you know what the deal is.  

And don't deal with him again since he won't shoot straight.  Now, it's fine that he changed his mind and didn't accept, but it's understandably frustrating that he doesn't have the backbone to respond to you, or the decency to formally reject the offer through the website.

Regardless, there's nothing to see here. You sent an offer, he didn't accept, just rescind and move on.

Agree with all of the above. A trade is never final until all the "paperwork" has been turned in by both parties. He has a right to not decide to take the offer in the end, even if it was a "handshake" agreement. 
I get that. But my beef with him is that I let him add a conditional clause and get it just the way he wanted. And now he doesn’t have then decency to tell me he changed his mind. That’s what’s frustrating. 

Let it go and don't trade with him going forward. Not reason to put up a whiny post on the message board. This is between you and him. Sounds like he is a ####ty trade partner, which is very annoying, especially given how much effort went into the trade discussions.

Let it go and don't trade with him going forward. Not reason to put up a whiny post on the message board. This is between you and him. Sounds like he is a ####ty trade partner, which is very annoying, especially given how much effort went into the trade discussions.
Yeah, I was more looking for some confirmation. Not going to make a big deal about it in our league message boards. I canceled the deal and told him as much. Thanks everyone for the advice. 

Send him a personal message telling him how you feel then forget about it.  In the end there isn't a trade until it is accepted at the hosting site.

He's an ###, but just move on. I got an email today from a league mate blasting me because he didn't like my trade offers & telling me the whole league thinks the same. Hmm, I have many several trades this year so that is news to me. Don't like an offer? Just reject & move on or counter & bean adult. I told him to have a good night & he kept emailing me harassing me. I had to block him LOL It's just fantasy football, not that serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's an ###, but just move on. I got an email today from a league mate blasting me because he didn't like my trade offers & telling me the whole league thinks the same. Hmm, I have many several trades this year so that is news to me. Don't like an offer? Just reject & move on or counter & bean adult. I told him to have a good night & he kept emailing me harassing me. I had to block him LOL It's just fantasy football, not that serious.
Lol. Sounds like a guy I've been dealing with recently sans harassing emails.

I feel it' not official until it' accepted on the site. Something else might have came to his attention ya never know... leave it up there if your willing to do it and if it goes too long for your liking revoke it. It' sucks to work a trade out and then not have it go thru but it happens and has happened to me before a few times. No big deal.

I feel it' not official until it' accepted on the site. Something else might have came to his attention ya never know... leave it up there if your willing to do it and if it goes too long for your liking revoke it. It' sucks to work a trade out and then not have it go thru but it happens and has happened to me before a few times. No big deal.
Nah, if your word is no good, you got nothing. I'm old school. Maybe this guy is a millenial lol

Sounds like the OP got "AJ McCarron'd."  

Congrats on a FF league achieving such NFL-level realism!  Be sure to refer to the other owner as "the Cleveland Browns" in all message board posts from now on.  Explain only when asked why...

Yesterday, I made a deal for Julio. We were texting offers, and he said "I'd do that." Sent him the offer and 20 minutes later Julio was traded to a different team. No response from other owner yet.

Yesterday, I made a deal for Julio. We were texting offers, and he said "I'd do that." Sent him the offer and 20 minutes later Julio was traded to a different team. No response from other owner yet.
I will respond for him.

"Sorry, i was negotiating with other teams and took an offer I liked better".

Sounds like a good owner who shops around.

I always say, "the deal isn't officially done until it has been proposed and accepted on Yahoo/ESPN/NFL/etc".  Even if two people agree face to face or in a text, it's not a done deal until someone hits accept. It is ####ty to go back on your deal and I won't do it, but I just understand how people operate. 

What you described isn't that uncommon.  Owners sometimes get cold feet, for whatever reason.  But it's pretty lame that the other owner doesn't explain why.  

So just move on, but remember this situation when the other owner wants to trade with you again.  He's going to have to work his image and reputation.

I will respond for him.

"Sorry, i was negotiating with other teams and took an offer I liked better".

Sounds like a good owner who shops around.
He would be a good owner, if he responded. The fact you had to respond for him is sort of the whole point. Takes what, a minute to fire off an email saying "thanks, but changed my mind"? Instead he acted like a little doosh and didn't even respond.

He would be a good owner, if he responded. The fact you had to respond for him is sort of the whole point. Takes what, a minute to fire off an email saying "thanks, but changed my mind"? Instead he acted like a little doosh and didn't even respond.
Has it even been 24 hours yet?  You sure you didn't overlook a message?

Seems like you overreact a lot

Users who are viewing this thread