What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TOP GUN (1 Viewer)

coyote5 said:
Usually when someone phrases a comment that way, it means they were banging that person... are you saying you used to bang one of the guys who flew the planes for the stunts in the first one?  NTTAWT of course
He wishes

Yes, Miles Teller is playing Goose’s son. It wasn’t in the first trailer but they announced it back when he was cast.

4 minute trailer.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zbFldEt844

Rear Admiral : Thirty-plus years of service. Combat medals. Citations. Only man to shoot down three enemy planes in the last 40 years. Yet you can't get a promotion, you won't retire, and despite your best efforts, you refuse to die. You should be at least a two-star Admiral by now, yet here you are. Captain. Why is that?

[pause] 

Maverick : It's one of life's mysteries, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it last night and it was pretty good.  Not as good as the original.  Definitely worth the trip down memory lane.
I can't wait to see it.  I'd see it even if it was getting terrible reviews, but I'm surprised by all the praise....high rotten tomatoes, commercials with all the positive quotes from sources, etc.    Are those legit praise or paid off praise?

I can't wait to see it.  I'd see it even if it was getting terrible reviews, but I'm surprised by all the praise....high rotten tomatoes, commercials with all the positive quotes from sources, etc.    Are those legit praise or paid off praise?
Why surprised? Tom Cruise doesnt really make bad movies.

Why surprised? Tom Cruise doesnt really make bad movies.
His track record hasn’t been great for a while. His last ‘good’ movie was maybe Edge of Tomorrow which was 8 years ago? Oblivion disappointed, The Mummy bombed, he nearly completed killed off the Jack Reacher series. Did anyone see American Made or Knight and Day? His last critically acclaimed acting role was a guest spot in Tropic Thunder 14 years ago. As long as global audiences keep bankrolling popcorn Mission Impossible movies I guess we could count those but he’s basically been living off that franchise for over a decade.

I liked Knight and Day. It made the statement that "This is an over the top action movie and

we don't care". I will be seeing Maverick (IMAX) tomorrow knowing that it might be now an

average action adventure movie. Which shows you how far these movies have upped the stakes.

Had no idea people were hype for this. No chance this is good. 
It’s absolutely awesome. See this at the IMAX, the aerial scenes are the best ever filmed and it’s not even close. Just a true summer blockbuster, thrill ride. Seems like most people are saying it’s better than the original. It’s hard for me to get over the nostalgia with the original but this is probably a better movie. 

Saw it tonight.   I thought it was a whole lot of fun.   Like llov said, flight scenes are just incredible.    Would highly recommend seeing this in the theater.  Love how they sprinkled in a bunch of references to the original.   Just very well done.   Man has the theater experience come a long way.   Fully reclining spacious seats.   B/c of all the space they take up, there's so few seats so it really feels a lot more intimate.   My new lady friend loves going to the movies so I'll certainly be back.  

I hope this movie makes a bijilllon dollars.  Let’s bring back the tent pole big movie theater experience.  F COVID.  We’re taking this world back 1 stupid, great, action movie at a time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh y'all are making me so jealous. I want to see this so badly. But I'm flying cross country today for my wife and I'd annual anniversary trip. I land at 1...dinner is at 7...will need to change...have a work call or two...

I think it might be a full week before I finally get to see it and that makes me sad. 

Users who are viewing this thread