What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 Rookie WR's (1 Viewer)

Perriman and Funchess have bad hands. Neither one is a natural pass catcher.

Dynasty
1. Cooper
2. White
3. Parker
4. DGB
5. ? (Maybe Lockett)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agholor is getting snaps - anyone who watches the Philly games care to pipe in on why he isn't producing? Bradford's horrible start? Problems with Agholor? Combo?
Agholor is not doing himself any favors, but mostly it is Bradford's skittishness. He'll likely have some big weeks this year, just a matter of waiting it out. Definitely don't sell unless you get the same cost you put in (mid/late 1st).

Cooper gets open because he breaks ankles with his routes, then gets over the top with 4.3 speed. He doesn't need after the catch skills because he's a master of getting behind the D.

The sneaky top-5 play in this class, especially in return leagues is Tyler Lockett. Kid can do it all.
On point!

Agholor is getting snaps - anyone who watches the Philly games care to pipe in on why he isn't producing? Bradford's horrible start? Problems with Agholor? Combo?
Agholor is not doing himself any favors, but mostly it is Bradford's skittishness. He'll likely have some big weeks this year, just a matter of waiting it out. Definitely don't sell unless you get the same cost you put in (mid/late 1st).
How is he not doing himself any favors? He has gotten open, and he has done a nice job blocking. Bradford seems to be the main factor or either the play calling.

Kevin White should be the clear #2 now that none of the other rookie receivers have shown they can contribute this season.

The only reason any of the others moved ahead of White is the hope they could help out in 2016, none of them were on the same level talent wise as White.

Kevin White should be the clear #2 now that none of the other rookie receivers have shown they can contribute this season.

The only reason any of the others moved ahead of White is the hope they could help out in 2016, none of them were on the same level talent wise as White.
maybe. I think Parker is a more natural pass catcher. I think it's laughable that you think nobody is going to do anything today.

DGB is going to be pretty darn good. I know they are really easing him in but I am impressed by what I see from him in the red zone.

Also disappointed in Funchess. I expected him to be far better coming into that awful Carolina WR corp.

DGB is going to be pretty darn good. I know they are really easing him in but I am impressed by what I see from him in the red zone.

Also disappointed in Funchess. I expected him to be far better coming into that awful Carolina WR corp.
I second DGB. He's a beast. And in a great situation. He's about to leapfrog hunter and be a full time starter by midseason

Anyone interested in discussing who among the rookie WRs might pay off this year?

Cooper has already delivered, I think he's set in stone as on his way, let's leave him out of the discussion.

Parker - snaps rising, but only in garbage time?

Dorsett - great offense but not many snaps with Hilton active and as long as AJ plays

DGB - entering his bye and Ten could transition, so far few snaps but very productive, 2 TDs in 2 games

Lockett - the Seattle offense is unreliable except for Lynch, depending on the week of course any one can pay off.

Montgomery - has a big chance to step in for Adams, 66 snaps on MNF.

Personally I don't see White, Agholor or Funchess doing much this year.

Feel free to mention anyone else.
very disappointed in Funchess he should be stepping up, losing out to Ted Ginn of all people
Agreed. My biggest disappointment so far. The whole situation couldn't be any better and he is languishing behind Ginn.

Anyone interested in discussing who among the rookie WRs might pay off this year?

Cooper has already delivered, I think he's set in stone as on his way, let's leave him out of the discussion.

Parker - snaps rising, but only in garbage time?

Dorsett - great offense but not many snaps with Hilton active and as long as AJ plays

DGB - entering his bye and Ten could transition, so far few snaps but very productive, 2 TDs in 2 games

Lockett - the Seattle offense is unreliable except for Lynch, depending on the week of course any one can pay off.

Montgomery - has a big chance to step in for Adams, 66 snaps on MNF.

Personally I don't see White, Agholor or Funchess doing much this year.

Feel free to mention anyone else.
very disappointed in Funchess he should be stepping up, losing out to Ted Ginn of all people
Agreed. My biggest disappointment so far. The whole situation couldn't be any better and he is languishing behind Ginn.
only 3.3 targets a game......................... :shrug:

I liked White more than Cooper out of college. It's a shame that he isn't able to play and make a case for himself.

Pretty big gap between those two and whoever I'd put next. Probably put Parker, DGB, and Dorsett next in some order.

In terms of the cheap-ish guys, I like Smelter and I think Montgomery could be useful. I don't know that Montgomery is necessarily going to become a Jordy or Jones replacement, but I think it's always wise to get skill players on great offenses. Edelman is far from a prototypical outside WR, yet look at the value he carries now. Emmanuel Sanders is another who is not that talented, but just fits what his team needs. I could see Montgomery becoming that type of contributor with Rodgers if they get him in positions to maximize his talent and hide his flaws like those other teams do.

How is he not doing himself any favors? He has gotten open, and he has done a nice job blocking. Bradford seems to be the main factor or either the play calling.
Some catchable balls he did not catch. Some bad plays. Played worse against Trufant than he did against Revis. Sam is the main problem, but he could have a few more catches.

thriftyrocker said:
meanjoegreen said:
thriftyrocker said:
Some catchable balls he did not catch. Some bad plays. Played worse against Trufant than he did against Revis. Sam is the main problem, but he could have a few more catches.
It seems like some people thought Agholor would come in and replace Maclins productivity as a rookie. Because you know.. Chip Kelly.

It took Maclin some time to become what he accomplished last season. Really not a realistic expectation for a rookie to match that.

I think Matthews is the better WR in the long run. Some may think Agholor is better than him in the long run and becomes the primary WR. Perhaps that is the eventual outcome but it isn't going to happen this year.

I wasn't very high on Agholor as a rookie prospect to begin with and I think a lot of his value is driven by the situation. The situation may not pay off until the end of the season or next year.

Parker

DGB

Cooper

White

Lockett

I own Parker, hence the ranking order..

(Im thinking Funchess may still bump into the Top 5) Cammm!

Jon Moore@TheCFX Sep 28

Thru 3 games Amari Cooper is averaging 96.7 yd/g. Here are the best YPG seasons ever by a 21 year old R Moss 82.1 M Evans 70.1 K Allen 69.7

Yeah, Im kinda okay w/ being wrong.. The Season is still young, and I own Carr too..

I guess its just imporant (imo) to not forget about Parker and DGB..

I dropped DGB early for Team changes, and he was picked up quick..

I liked Parker, and thought /thinking (Funchess show starts Now)

How about this:

It wouldn't shock me too see (based on early game play)

DGB

Cooper

Other Rookies..

p.s. Yes, I have bad luck w/ my 1st round pick!

Yeah, Im kinda okay w/ being wrong.. The Season is still young, and I own Carr too..

I guess its just imporant (imo) to not forget about Parker and DGB..

I dropped DGB early for Team changes, and he was picked up quick..

I liked Parker, and thought /thinking (Funchess show starts Now)

How about this:

It wouldn't shock me too see (based on early game play)

DGB

Cooper

Other Rookies..

p.s. Yes, I have bad luck w/ my 1st round pick!
You should really watch Cooper play before you make any more rankings.

Needs to finish routes. Will stop or occasionally adjust route, putting quarterback in danger of an interception. This don't sound good (imo) I do not like seeing WR's not "go for the ball" Guys like Farve would be out of business w/ characters like that...

Now you might say "While I only care about drops" If ya can catch the ball, the WR must catch it..

Focus drops have been an issue at times, dropping 13 passes over the last two seasons.

Overall, you guys are right to like the production! The above info may have been biased or just wrong too..

Its just at this point (early) Hes not Top dawg just yet (imo)..

Needs to finish routes. Will stop or occasionally adjust route, putting quarterback in danger of an interception. This don't sound good (imo) I do not like seeing WR's not "go for the ball" Guys like Farve would be out of business w/ characters like that...

Now you might say "While I only care about drops" If ya can catch the ball, the WR must catch it..

Focus drops have been an issue at times, dropping 13 passes over the last two seasons.

Overall, you guys are right to like the production! The above info may have been biased or just wrong too..

Its just at this point (early) Hes not Top dawg just yet (imo)..
Who are you even talking about here? Cooper?!

As DocHolliday said, please do not post here again until after you have actually watched the kid play.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Cooper

Large gap

2) Parker

3) DGB

4) White- That Chicago situation is going to be a mess for several years.

5) Perryman- Still has a shot at being the #1 in BALT

And then Lockett, Agholor, Funchess

I am extremely wary of DGB. There are just so many red flags about him and his game. He ran the most basic of routes in college and there are quotes that his early practices/impressions are very bad. Completely lost on the whiteboard and zero nuance as a route runner. Playing for Wiz and Marriota is another negative. MM isn't the type to throw jump balls, which is all DGB is good for right now.

You can say highest upside because of his frame but he's given us zero indication he will develop the WR skills to take advantage of his size. Nobody should be surprised if he's an AJ Jenkins type bust
2015, a lesson in paying for 'upside' (DGB, White, Perriman/Parker to a lesser extent)

2015, a lesson in paying for 'upside' (DGB, White, Perriman/Parker to a lesser extent)
There is so much wrong in this thread.  It looks like route running matters.  A lot.   Would be nice to see what a healthy White can do.  

DocHolliday said:
There is so much wrong in this thread.  It looks like route running matters.  A lot.   Would be nice to see what a healthy White can do.  
Not much more than an injured White

According to MLF ADP the WR are being drafted in the order as you describe however there is some distance between them overall that suggests different tiers between the WR.

1. Gurley, Todd STL RB
2. Cooper, Amari OAK WR
3. Gordon, Melvin SDC RB
4. White, Kevin CHI WR
5. Parker, DeVante MIA WR
6. Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB
7. Agholor, Nelson PHI WR
8. Abdullah, Ameer DET RB
9. Coleman, Tevin ATL RB
10. Perriman, Breshad BAL WR
11. Green-Beckham, Dorial TEN WR
12. Winston, Jameis TBB QB
13. Mariota, Marcus TEN QB
14. Ajayi, Jay MIA RB
15. Johnson, Duke CLE RB
16. Strong, Jaelen HOU WR
17. Williams, Maxx BAL TE
18. Kendricks, Eric MIN LB
19. Funchess, Devin CAR WR
20. Dorsett, Phillip IND WR
21. Johnson, David ARI RB
22. Cobb, David TEN RB
23. Anthony, Stephone NOS LB
24. Smith, Devin NYJ WR
25. Williams, Leonard NYJ DE
26. Lockett, Tyler SEA WR
27. Allen, Javorius BAL RB
28. Conley, Chris KCC WR
29. Coates, Sammie PIT WR

Pick 21 was where you wanted to be.

maf005 said:
Parker has made the grade imho   A WR needs a min of 750 yds in a Season to ever sniff the 1K Seasons in his career  (think it was actually <750)  This is yr three, so we might really enjoy seeing a true baller in the making (Top 5 talent)

I die a little every time I think about DJ.  I was all over taking DJ at 2.02 that year...well above his ADP...no need to grab him at 1.08...then someone took him at 1.11...in an early July draft.  ### ## # #####!!   :violin:

I too think Parker is in for a big year.  I was able to get him at 1.7 after Agholor surprisingly went 1.5.  I had plenty picks, and DJ definitely saved the draft.

1.7 Parker

1.8 Perriman

1.10 Green-Beckham

2.7 David Johnson

3.7 Sammie Coates

I really don't think many people saw enough of David Johnson at the college level because he came from a smaller school.

I definitely ranked Johnson too low in my rankings although I loved what I saw from him as a receiver, he did not look very good as a runner in the two or three games of his I could find.

So I do not really regret the incorrect ranking on Johnson. It was more a matter of too little information than a bad evaluation. Greg Cosell for example saw his weakness as a runner from what games of Johnsons he watched. Not sure if he had accesss to more than I did or not.

According to MLF ADP the WR are being drafted in the order as you describe however there is some distance between them overall that suggests different tiers between the WR.

1. Gurley, Todd STL RB
2. Cooper, Amari OAK WR
3. Gordon, Melvin SDC RB
4. White, Kevin CHI WR
5. Parker, DeVante MIA WR
6. Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB
7. Agholor, Nelson PHI WR
8. Abdullah, Ameer DET RB
9. Coleman, Tevin ATL RB
10. Perriman, Breshad BAL WR
11. Green-Beckham, Dorial TEN WR
12. Winston, Jameis TBB QB
13. Mariota, Marcus TEN QB
14. Ajayi, Jay MIA RB
15. Johnson, Duke CLE RB
16. Strong, Jaelen HOU WR
17. Williams, Maxx BAL TE
18. Kendricks, Eric MIN LB
19. Funchess, Devin CAR WR
20. Dorsett, Phillip IND WR
21. Johnson, David ARI RB
22. Cobb, David TEN RB
23. Anthony, Stephone NOS LB
24. Smith, Devin NYJ WR
25. Williams, Leonard NYJ DE
26. Lockett, Tyler SEA WR
27. Allen, Javorius BAL RB
28. Conley, Chris KCC WR
29. Coates, Sammie PIT WR

Devin Funchess is the only one of these 26 offensive players that I drafted and still own (across 2 dynasty leagues).

Another eleven of them have been on my roster: Kevin White (drafted & traded away), DeVante Parker (drafted 2x & traded away 2x), TJ Yeldon (drafted & traded away), Ameer Abdullah (traded for), Tevin Coleman (traded for & traded away), Marcus Mariota (drafted & traded away), Duke Johnson (traded for & traded away), Maxx Williams (traded for), David Johnson (traded for), Devin Smith (drafted & cut), Tyler Lockett (drafted & traded away).

I really don't think many people saw enough of David Johnson at the college level because he came from a smaller school.

I definitely ranked Johnson too low in my rankings although I loved what I saw from him as a receiver, he did not look very good as a runner in the two or three games of his I could find.

So I do not really regret the incorrect ranking on Johnson. It was more a matter of too little information than a bad evaluation. Greg Cosell for example saw his weakness as a runner from what games of Johnsons he watched. Not sure if he had accesss to more than I did or not.
Very true, nobody really knew anything about him.  Anyone who claims they knew he'd be so good is lying.

Very true, nobody really knew anything about him.  Anyone who claims they knew he'd be so good is lying.
There was a lot of buzz about him from the senior bowl. So I suppose people who were there may have gotten a good impression.

In the David Johnson thread I know there was one homer who had seen most or all of his games. I did take this persons opinion into consideration and I appreciate the insight. I just wasn't able to see it for myself. Had to be honest with the information that I had.

I had a similar impression. In my pre-draft RB rankings, I said "I haven't been that impressed by what I've seen of David Johnson's running, so he's pretty clearly behind Coleman & Duke Johnson, but he still slots in at #7 thanks to his size & speed & receiving." He was also RB7 in my post-draft rankings, still right behind Coleman & Duke Johnson (though with TJ Yeldon replacing Jay Ajayi in the top 4).

Users who are viewing this thread