What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 Receivers from now going forward (1 Viewer)

Brandon Marshall
Terril Owens
Reggie Wayne
Greg Jennings
Larry FitzgeraldWas tempted to put Megatron in place of Jennings, but Calvin isn't yet the RZ monster the other guys already are.

Brandon Marshall
Terril Owens
Reggie Wayne
Greg Jennings
Larry FitzgeraldWas tempted to put Megatron in place of Jennings, but Calvin isn't yet the RZ monster the other guys already are.
I goMarshall

Wayne

TO

S Smith

Jennings

If Colston gets healthy in week 6 he could make the list given that offense and his past production.

Last edited by a moderator:
In no order:

Marshall - on fire with lots of targets

Owens - will get his

Wayne - Peyton should come around, already had bye

Burress - already had bye, gets all the Giant passes, suspension hurts

Fitz - if Boldin sits out a few weeks

Missed my list:

SSmith - just missed the list, would probably sneak in if Boldin is healthy

Calvin - don't think Kitna stays the starter much longer

Jennings - want to see Rodgers throw this week

Edwards - Quinn learning curve looms

Andre J - Schaub struggling a little, scared he gets hurt again

Bush - he counts as a receiver, right? Deuce is back, so less total plays.

SMoss - what a start, can he really keep it up?

RMoss - not without Brady

R. Moss

Plaxico

Wayne

TO

S. Smith

Other possibilities:

Bowe

Fitz

Calvin

S.Moss
no real surprises in the top 5 so far in this thread, but this is where it gets interesting. I think It'd be more fun to go top 15.EX.

marshall

owens

wayne

smith

jennings

fitzgerald

cal.johnson

r.moss

boldin

a.johnson

s.moss

burress

houshmandzadeh

bowe

evans

not too far outside:

chambers

royal

d.jackson

cotchery

Brandon Marshall

Reggie Wayne

Terrell Owens

Larry Fitzgerald

T.J. Housh

Marques Colston

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson

Anquan Boldin

Steve Smith

Plaxico Buress

Greg Jennings

Randy Moss

Santana Moss

Dwayne Bowe

Bubble (in no particular order):

Roddy White

Jerricho Cotchery

DeSean Jackson

Hines Ward

Santanio Holmes

Eddie Royal

Torry Holt

Laveranues Coles

Shaky ground ahead:

Braylon Edwards

Chad Johnson

any list that doesn't have jennings on it hasn't been watching the pack play or are sure that rogers will miss time.

Are we talking NFL or FF? If FF I don't put Jennings top 5.

Marshall

Wayne

TO

Boldin (Assuming his injury doesn't keep him out long)

Burress

Just missed:

CJ2

Steve Smith

Fitz

I'll just go four deep

Brandon Marshall

Santana Moss

Calvin Johnson

Dwayne Bowe

Notice what those four have in common?

TO

Wayne

Plax

Fitzgerald

Smith

eta; Jennings if Rodgers plays

1. marshall

2. Fitzgerald

3. Jennings

4. Boldin

5. Calvin Johnson (woulda been 6-8 pre-millen firing. something tells me this lights a fire under the team. almost put S Moss here but the lions homer in me just thinks CJs talent and opportunity will be greater)

hon mentions TO, Wayne, Coles, Colston (*), Steve Smith, Bowed, S Moss, Wayne

1. marshall2. Fitzgerald3. Jennings4. Boldin5. Calvin Johnson (woulda been 6-8 pre-millen firing. something tells me this lights a fire under the team. almost put S Moss here but the lions homer in me just thinks CJs talent and opportunity will be greater)hon mentions TO, Wayne, Coles, Colston (*), Steve Smith, Bowed, S Moss, Wayne
I love your list... Your top 4 are on my dynasty team. :goodposting:

Having a really hard time understanding how a few of you have Marshall outside of your top 5... I'm not sure what else he has to prove to make you believe, unless you're just hellbent on believing he will get suspended.

1. Steve Smith

2. Terrell Owens

3. Reggie Wayne

4. Larry Fitzgerald

5. Brandon Marshall

Jennings will cool off once the league gets a handle on Rodgers, but will still finish in the top 10. Boldin is probably looking at a few down weeks. Calvin Johnson's #'s will suffer once the Lions get off the Kitna train. Burress is simply too streaky. Roddy White and Lee Evans will not get enough targets to crack the top 5. Randy Moss will have some big games, but will be used mostly as a decoy. Chad Johnson and Housh have an out-side shot, but I'm not holding my breath. Nobody else has a shot, imo...

Marshall

Wayne

Jennings

Boldin

T.O.

Boldin has been the #1 receiver in my league thus far and I don't think the injury is gonna stop him one bit. He is a tough S.O.B.

I'm gonna say that Boldin has 16 TD grabs this year.

Marshall - can't believe I couldn't get this guy in any of my drafts

TO - potential meltdown is the only thing that can stop him

Andre Johnson - #1 buy low candidate right now, imo

Calvin Johnson - he's uncoverable

Reggie Wayne - moves into the top 5 with Moss dropping out due to Brady

Marshall

Wayne

Jennings

Boldin

T.O.

Boldin has been the #1 receiver in my league thus far and I don't think the injury is gonna stop him one bit. He is a tough S.O.B.

I'm gonna say that Boldin has 16 TD grabs this year.
Wouldn't surprise me at all... he has 14 in his last 16 games, to go with 97 catches and 1219 yards.My list is:

Marshall

Fitz

Wayne

TO

CJ

Boldin and Jennings are both very close, and at least one of them would probably be in my top 5 if not for the question marks in their current situations.

in no order

Marshall

S Smith

CJ

Colston (assuming he comes back week 6)

Fitz

Moss rebounds back into the top 10. Boldin would probably be next on the list.

Marshall

TO

Wayne

Plax

Boldin

All of these guys get a ton of targets every week.

Guys like Calvin don't belong on this list becasue they simoply don't have the same opportunity as the others. I'm not doubting Calvin's talent, but you're cooked if you truly believe he is a TOP 5 rest of the way.

Marshall TOWaynePlaxBoldinAll of these guys get a ton of targets every week. Guys like Calvin don't belong on this list becasue they simoply don't have the same opportunity as the others. I'm not doubting Calvin's talent, but you're cooked if you truly believe he is a TOP 5 rest of the way.
Calvin Johnson is the only player to have 10 plus targets in each game he has played this year. He is currently 4th in targets per game. Ahead of TO, Wayne, Plax, and Boldin.Top 5 Targets per gameMarshall 14.7Bowe 11.5S. Moss 10.8C. Johnson 10.7S. Smith 10.5

Marshall TOWaynePlaxBoldinAll of these guys get a ton of targets every week. Guys like Calvin don't belong on this list becasue they simoply don't have the same opportunity as the others. I'm not doubting Calvin's talent, but you're cooked if you truly believe he is a TOP 5 rest of the way.
just by going off the target list... CJ has 3 less targets than quan with 1 less game played, 4 less than TO w/ 1 less game, more targets than plax, about the same as wayne, and well marshalls on a different level.he is also getting the most consistent weekly targets of those mentioned w/ 10, 12, and 10.

just by going off the target list... CJ has 3 less targets than quan with 1 less game played, 4 less than TO w/ 1 less game, more targets than plax, about the same as wayne, and well marshalls on a different level.he is also getting the most consistent weekly targets of those mentioned w/ 10, 12, and 10.
On top of that...Detroit has been horrendous so if we see any improvement by Detroit at all, CJ's looks should go up.

This thread caught my eye as I've just been offered Edwards and Galloway for Colston.

Edwards is nowhere to be seen on any of the lists in this thread.

:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread