What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 19 Kits of 2016 (1 Viewer)

zcgf02 said:

The Uni Watch columnist on espn.com wondered why soccer uniforms are called kits. Anyone know? I honestly don't.

Kit means: "A set of articles or implements used for a specific purpose" or of this applies to clothing: "A collection of clothing and other personal effects"Kit refers not just to the "uniform" but to all the "gear" a player may have eg the "uniform", the boots, shin guards, strappings, laces, etc. Just like a shaving-kit or any other type of kit.Simple word with a simple meaning (in the UK at least)The "uniform" is correctly referred to as a "strip", which forms one part of a players kit.Why it's called a strip is another question...

From a kind person on another board

Last edited by a moderator:
zcgf02 said:

The Uni Watch columnist on espn.com wondered why soccer uniforms are called kits. Anyone know? I honestly don't.
Kit means: "A set of articles or implements used for a specific purpose" or of this applies to clothing: "A collection of clothing and other personal effects"Kit refers not just to the "uniform" but to all the "gear" a player may have eg the "uniform", the boots, shin guards, strappings, laces, etc. Just like a shaving-kit or any other type of kit.Simple word with a simple meaning (in the UK at least)The "uniform" is correctly referred to as a "strip", which forms one part of a players kit.Why it's called a strip is another question...

From a kind person on another board

OK, why are they called boots. :shrug:  

Most soccer cleats are low-cut shoes called boots while American football players wear cleats that look more like boots but aren't called that.

I want to be a soccer fan.  How do I be a soccer fan?  Seriously, I'm ready.  How do I pick a team?

I want to be a soccer fan.  How do I be a soccer fan?  Seriously, I'm ready.  How do I pick a team?
It's ok to be a fan of the game and not be a fan of one club.  The trouble we Americans have is we are so used to our tiny little world that it's overwhelming when we try to comprehend a worldwide game and we aren't the best at it. 

Watch some EPL or La Liga games (sorry @Kafka ) and learn the game. You'll probably find a few teams that catch your eye. It's going to be hard to become a fan of a single team since you won't really have a vested interest in any club.  

One thing that I've really fallen in love with is international soccer. The US men are just good enough to get you interested plus you're vested being an American. If you hate America, well you can just piss off then. 

It's ok to be a fan of the game and not be a fan of one club.  The trouble we Americans have is we are so used to our tiny little world that it's overwhelming when we try to comprehend a worldwide game and we aren't the best at it. 

Watch some EPL or La Liga games (sorry @Kafka ) and learn the game. You'll probably find a few teams that catch your eye. It's going to be hard to become a fan of a single team since you won't really have a vested interest in any club.  

One thing that I've really fallen in love with is international soccer. The US men are just good enough to get you interested plus you're vested being an American. If you hate America, well you can just piss off then. 
This is terrible advice.  Clearly the only way forward is to pick Liverpool and then instantly act like you're connected to the club's 100 year history.  Start casually dropping Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley in your conversations.  Every once in a while, demand Justice for the 96.  Develop a steadfast conviction that Bruce Grobbelaar was better than Lev Yashin. 

If I wore one of these to a bar, what sorts of chicks would I be able to pick up? Let's assume I'm lean yet muscular with rugged good looks and a smile that women find irresistible.

If I wore one of these to a bar, what sorts of chicks would I be able to pick up? Let's assume I'm lean yet muscular with rugged good looks and a smile that women find irresistible.
If you wore the Chelsea away kit that was one size too small and had Diego Costa #19 on the back?  Dude you would be swimming in so much poon that it'd make your ball end spin. 

I like Liverpool's home darker shade . Chelsea & Everton's away . ManU especially their away is horrible 

Users who are viewing this thread