What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tony Brooks-James RB Steelers (1 Viewer)

ChuckLiddell

Footballguy
Never heard this name until a few minutes ago...

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

· 49m

The #Steelers waived veteran WR Donte Moncrief, while promoting RB Tony Brooks-James to the 53-man roster. With a banged up RB room, Moncrief heads to waivers

Sigmund Bloom

@SigmundBloom

·

7m

Brooks-James could stick. He brings an element the backfield lacks: Speed - functional receiver, has some contact balance, combativeness/perseverance and moves, will emerge out of a crowd and instantly accelerate away As excited to see him as I am to not see Moncrief

Anybody know anything?  I just dropped Dare Ogunbuwale for him - seen enough of Dare to know he isnt a difference maker.  I assume this guy isnt either, but at least I dont know that for sure yet.

Steelers promote former Oregon RB Tony Brooks-James to roster

A former Oregon running back has mad an NFL active roster. On Saturday, the Pittsburgh Steelers promoted former Oregon running back Tony Brooks-James to their 53-man roster ahead of the Steelers game against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. 

Brooks-James has been on the Pittsburgh Steelers practice squad for the past few weeks before his promotion to the 53-man roster. The former Oregon running back was picked up to the Steelers practice squad in mid-October. Brooks-James spent the month of September with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on their practice squad. 

In his rookie season, Brooks-James signed with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft. Brooks-James spent the four preseason games with the Falcons, rushing for 180 yards on 25 carries with tw0 touchdowns. Most of those yards came in the Falcons' final preseason game where Brooks-James rushed for 137 yards with two touchdowns including a 52 yard touchdown run. 

To make room for the former Oregon running back on the roster, the Steelers waived veteran wide receiver Donte Moncrief. The move comes with Steelers starting running back James Conner likely out. Jaylen Samuels is expected to start in his place. 

While at Oregon, Brooks-James rushed for 1,863 yards with 18 rushing touchdowns, adding 392 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns over 46 games in his four seasons as a Duck. 

Never heard this name until a few minutes ago...

The #Steelers waived veteran WR Donte Moncrief, while promoting RB Tony Brooks-James to the 53-man roster. With a banged up RB room, Moncrief heads to waivers

Anybody know anything?  I just dropped Dare Ogunbuwale for him - seen enough of Dare to know he isnt a difference maker.  I assume this guy isnt either, but at least I dont know that for sure yet.
Never heard of him but had never heard of Jaylen Samuels before the end of last year. Dare is indeed not a difference maker for the Bucs this year. 

When? One game vs NE does not make him a bell cow.

The good news for him is Pittsburgh is one of the few teams that feeds their #1 back constant high volume.  The better news is it looks like Samuels will be the #1 RB for Pitt this week (assuming Conner is out).  The best news is Pitt has one of the best offensive lines in the league. So for this week I think he is a strong play.

But, is he a bell cow? We have no idea yet.

Ex-Saint Trey Edmunds is also in the mix, I believe. 
Yes, he is.

Assuming Conner is out I expect J. Samuels be the #1 RB getting all of the carries that typically go to Conner, it's just what the Steelers do.  I expect Edmunds to spell Samuels when/if needed, and I expect they added Brooks-James as an insurance policy for this week.  Brooks-James is an extremely speculative add who needs multiple additional RB injuries to become FF relevant.  If Conner is out only this week I assume he would go back to the PS.

Users who are viewing this thread