What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tomlin Updates Injuries/Discusses Field (1 Viewer)

Frenchy Fuqua

Footballguy
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...g/s_539951.html

Installing artificial turf an option, Steelers' Tomlin saysBy Scott Brown

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mike Tomlin said the Steelers will keep their options open in regard to installing artificial turf at Heinz Field after the season.

But, Tomlin added, there is nothing the Steelers can do about the field this season and so it is not a major concern.

"I am not going to get caught up in or dwell on the condition of the field," the Steelers coach said today at his weekly news conference.

Tomlin got peppered with questions about the re-sodded field that turned into a mess Monday night because of heavy rain. The Steelers scored a late field goal to beat the Miami Dolphins, 3-0, but they never got anything going offensively in part because of how bad the footing on the beat-up field turned out to be.

"I don't dwell on things you can't control," Tomlin said on the condition of the field. "Your ability to deal with adversity defines you."

On the injury front, the Steelers may get strong safety Troy Polamalu (sprained knee) and wide receiver Santonio Holmes (sprained ankle) back for Sunday night's game against the Bengals at Heinz Field.

Tomlin said each will try to run tomorrow though they won't necessarily practice with the team.

"They're progressing well," Tomlin said. "I"m cautiously optimistic."

Left tackle Marvel Smith, who missed Monday night's game because of a bad back, won't practice tomorrow, Tomlin said.

But there is a chance he could play against the Bengals, Tomlin said.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Cowher era coming off a Monday night game Cowher never had much info regarding player's injuries unless someone was definitely out. I listened to the press conference today and got the impression the injury updates given by Tomlin were of little value in determining who would actually play this week.

It is nice to know that Polamalu and Holmes might run tomorrow though...

Users who are viewing this thread