What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TOM BRADY!!!......he will have no mercy. NONE! (1 Viewer)

Did Brady show mercy before and only now he won't?  I don't think ever mercy ever came from the Patriots in the first place so there can't be less now. 

I think it's more of the douchiness that gets me.
For me it's the constant screaming at the refs all game long. Broadcasts will quickly change to another shot of something else but it's there if you look for it. Just makes him look like a cry baby.

And if he gets hit? God forbid Tom get hit. He will go ballistic about it. It's football, it is a contact sport, despite the rule changes by the NFL trying to not make it so.

For me it's the constant screaming at the refs all game long. Broadcasts will quickly change to another shot of something else but it's there if you look for it. Just makes him look like a cry baby.

And if he gets hit? God forbid Tom get hit. He will go ballistic about it. It's football, it is a contact sport, despite the rule changes by the NFL trying to not make it so.
I don't like Brady or Newton but I'd be curious to see a game film comparison of the two getting hit in the pocket.  Tom gets a flag for the slightest hits and Cam has just been getting destroyed with few flags.  The NFL needs to work on being more consistent.

A 39yr old that has been laying on his couch for a month and his favorite target is hobbled... 220 yds, 1.5 TDs, 1 INT, -3 yds rushing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to revisit this thread after Isaiah Crowell runs for 150/2 and Cody Parkey boots a late field goal to help Cleveland pull off the upset.

I like a game stack with Brady, Hogan, Bennett and Crowell.  Or maybe swap Brady for Kesler to buy up at WR (Brown or AJ).

Pats 24

Browns 21

Dr. Octopus said:
Did the Deflator and Dorito Dink get reinstated as well?
It doesn't really matter see 2nd half of Indy game that year and Super Bowl 49

All you guys that accuse Brady of cheating are forgetting the one thing the league forgot too.  Unless the league could have also checked the inflation of the balls used by the Colts as well as the ones they had from the PATS then you will never know if they were all under inflated would you. In my opinion not being able to check the inflation of the balls on the Colts sideline made the penalty bogus. 

All you guys that accuse Brady of cheating are forgetting the one thing the league forgot too.  Unless the league could have also checked the inflation of the balls used by the Colts as well as the ones they had from the PATS then you will never know if they were all under inflated would you. In my opinion not being able to check the inflation of the balls on the Colts sideline made the penalty bogus. 
So when there is evidence that one team cheated, the penalty is bogus if all 32 teams are not investigated for cheating?

The mental gymnastics of the deniers around here is gold medal worthy.

Spider all I am saying is unless all the balls were checked how can you accuse anyone of cheating.  I really don't have that much confidence in the majority of the NFL ref's anyway.  Do you?  If all of the balls were the same then blame the ref who should have checked them.  Without all the balls available to be checked how can you accuse one team of cheating.

Don't bring logic into this, the time for logic is long passed, no one is going to change their minds.

Spider all I am saying is unless all the balls were checked how can you accuse anyone of cheating.  I really don't have that much confidence in the majority of the NFL ref's anyway.  Do you?  If all of the balls were the same then blame the ref who should have checked them.  Without all the balls available to be checked how can you accuse one team of cheating.
You realize the air pressure in the footballs was not the only evidence, right?  ...or do you believe Tom's bs story about how "The Deflator" refers to some guy losing weight?  Lol.

Fortunately for him, he destroyed the rest of the evidence.

You realize the air pressure in the footballs was not the only evidence, right?  ...or do you believe Tom's bs story about how "The Deflator" refers to some guy losing weight?  Lol.

Fortunately for him, he destroyed the rest of the evidence.
Just like he's going to destroy the rest of the league now and force Goodall to shake Robert Kraft's hand at the Super Bowl trophy ceremony....again.

Being somewhat cheeky there but, in all seriousness, this turned out to be about as big a gift as Goodall could have granted.  An older QB gets to play a shortened season with a chip on his shoulder, gets to avoid two pretty tough defenses out of the gate, and has a 3-1 record in his back pocket...ohh and he returns at the same time most of his key players are getting back in good shape.  

Maybe it will just be "normal" but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we are watching some game sometime soon (real soon) where its 45-17 late in the 4th and tom is still in there trying to get TDs.  

What gets me (still) is that the league tasked Wells with proving that the Patriots did something to manipulate the footballs in the AFCCG. Yet the stuff Wells came up with was texts from 6 months before the game, comments about ball pressure in other games, etc. 

The whole thing is equivalent to someone getting charged with speeding and the police saying a third party texted someone saying there was speeding potentially going on six months earlier. 

It is what it is and it's over now so we all move on.

A 39yr old that has been laying on his couch for a month and his favorite target is hobbled... 220 yds, 1.5 TDs, 1 INT, -3 yds rushing.
He's not just some 39 year old sanitation worker that got a random phone call to start an NFL game this week.

You broke the case. Why didn't Brady's lawyers hire you?

psssssst.....the Colts balls were checked. :shock:

What gets me (still) is that the league tasked Wells with proving that the Patriots did something to manipulate the footballs in the AFCCG. Yet the stuff Wells came up with was texts from 6 months before the game, comments about ball pressure in other games, etc. 

The whole thing is equivalent to someone getting charged with speeding and the police saying a third party texted someone saying there was speeding potentially going on six months earlier. 

It is what it is and it's over now so we all move on.
I hate to start up all this BS again - but you don't think a pattern/history of such a practice taking place in other games would be evidence (on top of other things like you know the ballboy taking the balls into the bathroom for some reason) that that practice continued into the AFCCG?

It's absolutely nothing like your terrible analogy, by the way.

Anyway, like you said all of that is over - I'm not getting sucked back into delusional Pat fans not wanting to admit the obvious. You won the SuperBowl anyway - and no one is taking that back - so why would you care?

You can have the last word.

I hate to start up all this BS again - but you don't think a pattern/history of such a practice taking place in other games would be evidence (on top of other things like you know the ballboy taking the balls into the bathroom for some reason) that that practice continued into the AFCCG?

It's absolutely nothing like your terrible analogy, by the way.

Anyway, like you said all of that is over - I'm not getting sucked back into delusional Pat fans not wanting to admit the obvious. You won the SuperBowl anyway - and no one is taking that back - so why would you care?

You can have the last word.
I have said all along the Pats are dirty and have done things that more than likely have crossed the line (probably some other things we haven't even heard about). It's pretty clear the collective owners were looking for a way to punish the Patriots. I'm fine with that and don't really have a problem with that. I wouldn't even have had a problem with the Deflategate punishment if they didn't get into the whole Wells report. If they just came out and said the ball pressure was changed and too low and the penalty was X, I could have lived with that.

But IMO the Wells report was constructed to make the Patriots guilty. It was not on an even keel to begin with. They reverse engineered the report to reach the conclusion they wanted. If the Patriots deflated the footballs for the AFCCG, then show what they did. All they really said was there was video showing someone going into the bathroom with a bag of footballs. Then they tried to tie that together with a couple of texts from 6 months earlier. The league even admitted in court they had no direct evidence that linked Brady to anything related to air pressure in the AFCCG when they went to court. If this whole thing was adjudicated in an actual court case from Day 1, the NFL's case would have been thrown out.

But it wasn't, so the league got to use their Article 29 clause (or whatever the number is) to win their case. I don't think the Patriots were completely innocent, but I don't think the league proved their case. In other words, TB12 and BB were probably like, "With all the stuff we've done over the years, you cite us for ball pressure?" Similar to Al Capone and tax evasion. Call me a delusional Pats fan, but I never was one that thought they were completely innocent.

He's not just some 39 year old sanitation worker that got a random phone call to start an NFL game this week.
Doesn't change the facts. He's just a man. That's why there aren't any 50yr old QBs... at some point they all turn into ####

So glad to see that our FBG's crew has the wisdom to place Brady atop the list of QB's this week and with obvious reason. #1 the Browns of course but more appropriately.....revenge in the most competitive way possible that Brady will deliver. I would not be surprised if he is placed in the top 3 QB's for the remaining 12 weeks baring excellent health of course. The effect this man has on his team is incredible and Edelman and others will prove this to be true. 

Just as the loss of J.J Watt was a party for that division, the presence of Brady in the NFL will have the opposite effect. Fear of the G.O.A.T in not only Brady but The Hoodie is now upon the NFL. As a lifelong PAT's fan I relish the next 12 weeks....I am totally giddy.

Time to rack up the points!

Brace yourselves for another amazing Brady run of excellence! Muuuhahahaha
Lame narrative imo......people love saying this but in reality it has nothing to do with his performance. Unless you feel revenge motivates him and he wouldn't have played as well if he wasn't suspended.  

He needs to lay off the HGH before he gets caught. Im a little shocked people are so blind to this. 

The narrative that Brady is going to rack up extra points because normally when he is happy he doesn't try to as hard is pretty silly. 

kittenmittens said:
The narrative that Brady is going to rack up extra points because normally when he is happy he doesn't try to as hard is pretty silly. 
I expect him to rack up points because it's a well run organization, the offense has a ton of weapons, and they love to run up the score on people. 

Exactly,  they never hesitated to run up the score... Yet,  there is a narrative like "oh Tom is angry so they are going to run up the score now. "

They always ran it up,  it's not like previous years they didn't as that narrative suggests. 

I went ahead and mailed it in. Called the Commish of the League I'm in where I drew the Brady matchup, and told him to just mark me down for a 'L'. One less lineup to manage...

... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread