What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on my offseason moves? (1 Viewer)

KChusker

Footballguy
8 Team 0.5 PPR SF (1 QB, 1 SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K)

Posted this on the offseason trade thread but wanted some thoughts on it in the proper place

Won the championship last season somehow but came into the offseason slipping down to probably 4th-5th in the league despite great WR depth, having only 3 QBs (Watson, Daniel Jones, Darnold) and Tevin Coleman+Tarik Cohen as my RB2 and RB3 (yikes) behind Zeke

Gave: Brandin Cooks+2.08 (other guy used it to pick Anthony McFarland)

Got: Derrius Guice

Gave: 1.06 (other guy used for CeeDee Lamb)+1.08 (other guy used for Cam Akers)+2021 1st+Christian Kirk

Got: 1.01 (used it to pick Jonathan Taylor)+Ben Roethlisberger+4.04 (used it to pick Jordan Love)+Parris Campbell

Gave: 49ers Defense+Tevin Coleman+Dallas Goedert

Got: 3.04 (used it to pick Michael Pittman)+2021 2nd

Gave: Dak Prescott+Alexander Mattison

Got: Deshaun Watson+2.07 (used it to pick Denzel Mims)+4.08 (used it to pick Antonio Gandy Golden)

Gave: Cooper Kupp

Got: Terry McLaurin+2021 2nd+Sony Michel

Gave: OBJ+1 out of 3 2021 2nds+2022 2nd

Got: 1.02 (used it to pick Clyde Edwards Helaire)+Damien Harris+2022 3rd

Thoughts? I know some of these may be overpays—just got some tunnel vision on “getting my guy,” ending what I saw as draft day falls (like Pittman/Mims) and addressing RB/QB needs. Maybe I should have just used one of the 1.01 or 1.02 on Burrow instead of getting both RBs.

I can post my current team in comments as well to give a picture of how it all turned out.

Wow, that's a lot to try and digest. Individually I like some of the deals, some not so much, but trying to look at this on the whole as it is a pretty big team transfomation.

QB - Gave up Prescott      -  Got Watson, Roth, Love

For a superflex, and as it appears you also have Jones and Darnold, I see it as a slight win for you. If we assume Prescott and Watson end up relatively close in value over the next 3-4 years, I think slight nod to you for adding Roth for the depth plus upside matchup flex play with Jones/Darnold. Love is long term hold before any chance at value, so he's just an add on at this point. With superflex QB depth is important, though with only 8 teams, it's survivable.

RB - Gave up Mattison, Coleman    Got Guice, Michel, Harris plus picks that were CEH and Taylor

Big win for you - Mattison is intriguing, especially with the question on Cook and a possible hold out, but you added 5 young RBs, all with upside, though only CEH with what appears to be a definitive RB1 role to start the season - either way, for a dynasty I take the young guys you have all day

WR - Gave up OBJ, Kupp, Cooks, Kirk    Got McLaurin, Campbell plus picks that became Pittman, Mims and AGG

This is where you took a hit in the deals, but you had to lose out somewhere. If you hit on any of the WRs you could be ok, but the drop from OBJ, Kupp and Cooks could be significant, at least over the next couple of years.

Gave up Goedert and 49ers D - Meh, no big loss, as both should be fairly easily replaced.

Picks - Gave up 1.06, 1.08 and 2.08 - Got 1.01, 1.02, 2.07, 3.04 and 4.08 (obviously improved picks this year, but the cost of doing so captured above, particularly at the WR position)

Future Picks - Gave up 2021 1st added a 2021 2nd (the giving/receiving of the other 2nd is a wash)  Gave up 2022 2nd, got 2022 3rd.

Depends on how you finish, but giving up that 1st in addition to the 1.06 and 1.08 was a pretty big price to pay to get Taylor.

Would have to see the rest of your roster to see how this affects your projected weekly lineup. I definitely like the youth infusion at RB for a dynasty league, I'm just not sure you are going to be able to make up that hit at WR in your lineup.

Wow, that's a lot to try and digest. Individually I like some of the deals, some not so much, but trying to look at this on the whole as it is a pretty big team transfomation.

For a superflex, and as it appears you also have Jones and Darnold, I see it as a slight win for you. If we assume Prescott and Watson end up relatively close in value over the next 3-4 years, I think slight nod to you for adding Roth for the depth plus upside matchup flex play with Jones/Darnold. Love is long term hold before any chance at value, so he's just an add on at this point. With superflex QB depth is important, though with only 8 teams, it's survivable.

RB - Gave up Mattison, Coleman    Got Guice, Michel, Harris plus picks that were CEH and Taylor

Big win for you - Mattison is intriguing, especially with the question on Cook and a possible hold out, but you added 5 young RBs, all with upside, though only CEH with what appears to be a definitive RB1 role to start the season - either way, for a dynasty I take the young guys you have all day

WR - Gave up OBJ, Kupp, Cooks, Kirk    Got McLaurin, Campbell plus picks that became Pittman, Mims and AGG

This is where you took a hit in the deals, but you had to lose out somewhere. If you hit on any of the WRs you could be ok, but the drop from OBJ, Kupp and Cooks could be significant, at least over the next couple of years.

Gave up Goedert and 49ers D - Meh, no big loss, as both should be fairly easily replaced.

Picks - Gave up 1.06, 1.08 and 2.08 - Got 1.01, 1.02, 2.07, 3.04 and 4.08 (obviously improved picks this year, but the cost of doing so captured above, particularly at the WR position)

Future Picks - Gave up 2021 1st added a 2021 2nd (the giving/receiving of the other 2nd is a wash)  Gave up 2022 2nd, got 2022 3rd.

Depends on how you finish, but giving up that 1st in addition to the 1.06 and 1.08 was a pretty big price to pay to get Taylor.

Would have to see the rest of your roster to see how this affects your projected weekly lineup. I definitely like the youth infusion at RB for a dynasty league, I'm just not sure you are going to be able to make up that hit at WR in your lineup.
QB: Watson

SF: Daniel Jones

RB: Zeke, CEH

WR: MT, AJ Brown, Courtland Sutton

TE: Kittle

FLEX: JT, McLaurin

D- Steelers

K: Gould

Bench

QB: Darnold, Roethlisberger, Love

RB: Guice, Sony, Damien Harris, Tarik Cohen

WR: Gallup, Diontae Johnson, Mims, Pittman, Bryan Edwards, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Gandy Golden

TE: Hockenson, Gesicki

D- Colts

Picks

2021: 2 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th

2022: 1 1st, 1 3rd, 1 4th

I thought I had an over abundance of WRs before these deals. Maybe the hit was too much though

Last edited by a moderator:
WR: MT, AJ Brown, Courtland Sutton

FLEX: McLaurin

WR: Gallup, Diontae Johnson, Mims, Pittman, Bryan Edwards, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Gandy Golden

I thought I had an over abundance of WRs before these deals. Maybe the hit was too much though
I don't think so.  You have starters to absorb the losses and you traded from strength to improve weakness.  That is the best approach in trading.  You will need some of those younger guys to stay on their path (McLaurin, AJB, Sutton) and a couple of the other guys to hit or take a step up (Gallup, Mims, Pittman, Campbell) to make sure your depth stays relevant.  But bottom line the WR losses are able to be overcome if  you stay healthy or a couple dart throws hit.

:goodposting:

Like how acarey50 summarized it here, so I don't have to myself.   Hated the Kupp for McLaurin deal and I agree that OP probably overpaid for Taylor.  But overall, the OP got Big Ben for extra QB depth, good young upside RBs, but took a big hit at WR.  Personally on paper as of right now I don't think the OP improved his lineup, but he does has a lot of upside to have it happen.  

Users who are viewing this thread