What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (1 Viewer)

Somebody dropped him in my league too. Standard scoring. Would you drop Matt Jones, David Johnson or CMike for him?
For this week I'd start him over all those guys.
Definitely but does he have the season long value those guys seem to have?
Think you are just looking at injury situation at that point. All those guys need something to happen to have a significant bump in value. Really anyone's guess at this point. If you have any of the other guys on those teams that helps pick one.
I have Randle so likely keeping CMike. Other two can go but have shown immense skill at the position IMO. Just looking at Rawls bc looks like Lynch is more likely to see time out than Morris or Ellington+CJ2K.
I'm faced with deciding between Rawls and David Johnson as well (short benches + bye weeks). I'll keep Rawls. I figure all of those situations rely on waiting for someone to get hurt, and Lynch is already hurt. I'm sure Johnson will blow up now. Lol
Ellington is back and will be the COP back and get some carries also. Arians is stubborn with rookies, I would be surprised if DJ got much work this game. At least with Rawls you know the volume will likely be there. DJS touches will be extremely limited unless Ellington reinjures himself during the game.

What is Rawls' realistic upside in this game? 100 yds and 2 Tds, maybe 2 Rec?
Think that would be a miracle.
You talking about the 2 receptions?

Because Rawls already had a game with 104 yards rushing on just 16 carries. And Cinci run defense is at 4.2 per carry while Chicago is 4.4.

With Lynch out it (and FJackson slowed) wouldnt be a miracle by any stretch for him to get 20+ carries. Just depends on if they play with a lead.

BigSteelThrill said:
The General said:
Long Ball Larry said:

Because Rawls already had a game with 104 yards rushing on just 16 carries. And Cinci run defense is at 4.2 per carry while Chicago is 4.4.

With Lynch out it (and FJackson slowed) wouldnt be a miracle by any stretch for him to get 20+ carries. Just depends on if they play with a lead.
I hope you are right. The Seahawks offensive line is straight garbage right now. They have zero rushing TD's on the year. He was met in the back field often last weekIf Jackson doesn't play he will get a ton of volume.

BigSteelThrill said:
The General said:
Long Ball Larry said:

I hope you are right. The Seahawks offensive line is straight garbage right now. They have zero rushing TD's on the year. He was met in the back field often last weekIf Jackson doesn't play he will get a ton of volume.
Are they any worse then they were two weeks ago? I'm not saying he will do anything one-way-or-the-other, just that to relegate it to "miracle" status is a gross overstatement.

BigSteelThrill said:
The General said:
Long Ball Larry said:

Are they any worse then they were two weeks ago? I'm not saying he will do anything one-way-or-the-other, just that to relegate it to "miracle" status is a gross overstatement.
I took the "miracle" as Rawls getting 2 TDs vs a Cincy D that has yet to allow a rushing TD.

Rawls looks pretty good out there to me. I see people saying he has little to no dynasty value in other threads and I would not be listening to that.

The kid has talent and the coaching staff loves him. He was a UDFA who chose Seattle over Dallas IIRC.

Rawls could by dynasty gold by next season. The depth chart in front of him is aging quickly and RB value changes at the drop of a hat. Yesterday Dion Lewis was waiver wire trash and now he's a top 30 dynasty asset.

I'm buying if folks are selling cheap.

If FJax is out (should know tomorrow by 11am or so), then any chance Rawls gets any catches? Rawls has only 1 target in each game the last two weeks.

CIN has primarily given up points to RBs in the passing game and not much on the ground (including no TDs).

Receptions allowed to RBs:

Week 1: 10 catches to Reese/Latavius, OAK (3 catches, 2 rec TDs to Reese; 7 catches to Latavius)

Week 2: 7 to SD RBs (6 to Woodhead/1 to Gordon)

Week 3: 7 to Forsett

Week 4: 6 to J.Charles

Biggest run games were Gordon 16/88 and Jamaal Charles 11/75.

-- If the game is close, Rawls could get 20 carries, flirt with 100 yards and maybe a rush TD.

-- Upside would be if SEA D sets up SEA offense for a couple of close-in TDs, we see Bad Andy, or if F.Jax is out and Rawls gathers a couple of catches. All three of those things are reasonably possible.

EDIT to add:

Jackson was upgraded to limited Friday, and is expected to play through his high-ankle sprain.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Fred Jackson (questionable, ankle) is expected to play Sunday against the Bengals.

This might be a record recovery for a high-ankle sprain. This injury can often sideline players for up to a month. Jackson has logged just 15 touches this season and shouldn't be much of a factor behind bellcow Thomas Rawls on Sunday. Marshawn Lynch (hamstring) is expected to return next week.

I have no idea what to do with Rawls

With byes and Martavis not playing I'm starting Rawls in the flex. Not that optimisitc, especially with F-Jax active.

SEA playing a 1pm game on the road coming off a short week against a team that has yet to allow a rush TD while they have O-line issues and have yet to get a rush TD.

Let's hope he's surprisingly productive.

Real deal. Two things:

1. He is good enough that the team should feel comfortable taking as much time to bring Lynch back as is needed for him to be 100% healthy.

2. Small sample size, but he looks good enough to be Lynch's successor in this offense. It's been a while since we've seen Lynch make a play like that.

Lynch is done. Rawls is the new Beast Mode.
Easy.
It's more about Lynch's injuries and mindset. I could be wrong, but I think there is a very real possibility we don't see Lynch get another NFL TD.
Horrible take. The Seahawks are a run first team and Lynch is an absolute beast. Seattle is wisely playing the long game with Lynch's health this season and the ultimate goal in mind.. Lynch will definitely be back.

Easy.
It's more about Lynch's injuries and mindset. I could be wrong, but I think there is a very real possibility we don't see Lynch get another NFL TD.
Horrible take. The Seahawks are a run first team and Lynch is an absolute beast. Seattle is wisely playing the long game with Lynch's health this season and the ultimate goal in mind.. Lynch will definitely be back.
I think the injuries may linger longer than everyone is anticipating. Tight calf followed by pulled hamstring coupled with the history of back spasms can be a bad combination.

Easy.
I don't know if it is a take. I just don't like the series of injuries, age, etc.

Easy.
I think the injuries may linger longer than everyone is anticipating. Tight calf followed by pulled hamstring coupled with the history of back spasms can be a bad combination.[/quote

If Lynch is gone next year. That would free up money to help O-line next year or work out a deal for Cam. Just saying.?

I wouldn't really believe anything coaches say, the key is to watch practice.
Agree. Injuries can linger especially as you age and the usage piles up. Lynch could bounce right back, but he could be out yet. And coming back too soon might aggravate it/spur on another injury.

Could also be Lynch realizing his job may be in question if the kid keeps putting up 150 yards a game. Trying to rush it back.

Unless you are supremely confident that Lynch gets through the rest of the season without another injury, hold Rawls.

He could easily be, this season, what Knile Davis has been the past few...a guy you hang onto and plug in whenever he starts for serious FP.

Might even start a fantasy playoff.

Is all the talk this week about Lynch being 100% and ready for a big load, just coaches speak?

Will Rawls be a sneaky start?

Users who are viewing this thread