What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This is the make or break week for Peyton Hillis (1 Viewer)

Thumper

Footballguy
Anybody else think that this is a big week for Peyton Hillis? Despite being billed as the co-starter on the depth chart Hillis was nothing, but a role player last week in a blowout loss. I think there is a chance that the Chiefs get Hillis a ton of touches today in what could be a high scoring game. On the other hand if Hillis doesn't have a significant ole his week Hillis is nothing but a bench guy in deep leagues and the first "bust" of the 2012 fantasy season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if he has a pedestrian effort again, I don't think that the team is going to give Charles more than 20 touches while he's still coming off injury. So I doubt Hillis will be just cast aside. Maybe Draughns gets more looks if Hillis isn't getting it done, but again, I don't think Hillis will just be shown the bench.

No matter what though, I don't think Hillis was drafted highly enough to be called a meaningful bust. Last year, sure.

Even if he has a pedestrian effort again, I don't think that the team is going to give Charles more than 20 touches while he's still coming off injury. So I doubt Hillis will be just cast aside. Maybe Draughns gets more looks if Hillis isn't getting it done, but again, I don't think Hillis will just be shown the bench.No matter what though, I don't think Hillis was drafted highly enough to be called a meaningful bust. Last year, sure.
Maybe, but there was a lot of hype around him before the draft.

Chiefs will use Hillis more when they aren't trying to play catch up like last week. I don't see how it can be a make or break week for him when the game was a blowout

Don't panic until the defense gets healtier. He is not going to do much in games where the other team scores everytime they get the ball. Getting 200-250 touches isn't going to make him a great play every week.

agree with the above. When they get the D healthy, they can pound teams and drain the clock . . . with Hillis.

Make or break in week 2 for someone who most drafted at best as a RB3 or in my case RB4.

:rolleyes:

As others I've stated I would not expect a big week from Hillis until KC's D gets healthy and they are able to play the style of game they want controlling the ball. That didnt happen last week and there's a good chance it doesnt happen this week against a Buffalo team playing it's home opener after getting embarrassed themselves last week.

Regardless a make or break week for anyone in week 2 is ridiculous. Let alone someone who was drafted where Hillis should have been drafted.

'VaTerp said:
Make or break in week 2 for someone who most drafted at best as a RB3 or in my case RB4. :rolleyes: As others I've stated I would not expect a big week from Hillis until KC's D gets healthy and they are able to play the style of game they want controlling the ball. That didnt happen last week and there's a good chance it doesnt happen this week against a Buffalo team playing it's home opener after getting embarrassed themselves last week.Regardless a make or break week for anyone in week 2 is ridiculous. Let alone someone who was drafted where Hillis should have been drafted.
I guess he gets an incomplete this week, but on a positive note he had over 90 combined yards, he touched the ball more than J.Charles and if he punched that td in from the one yrd line (he fumbled) he would have had a very solid statistical line.

Hillis looked very good in the preseason but it's difficult to get those 4th quarter carries to run out the clock when your team is down. Overall, if the Chiefs start playing better, the rushing opportunities and TD chances will come.

Users who are viewing this thread