What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things everyone should know, but somehow they don't. (1 Viewer)

Bull Dozier said:
Nope, I actually work for a bank. There's actually been quite a bit of change in this area over the last ten years.  But, banks are notoriously slow at change since they have quite a bit of security concerns to work through for any change.
Yeah. Banks like Wells Fargo take the security of client accounts very seriously.

Your first sentence is totally correct.  But how much interest are you earning in a liquid savings account?
More than 0 which makes leaving it there to earn extra a better option than paying it out immediately, which will get you 0.

you would, if the fish was big enough to filet.

Many panfish you lose too much, so you scale em.  Some fish you want to cook with skin on if you're grilling, too.
If you catch enough fish and do it right the extra time is not worth the effort.  Filet and be Frying them up and drinking some beers in no time.

Jules Winnfield said:
Make a good omelette 

Make good scrambled eggs

Properly grill a steak
any person that cannot complete these task should be tarred and feathered!  For those that follow the Memphis in May @[icon] thread - i made duck egg omelets all week for those that showed up early to help with ribs!  This year we are going to submit a "steak house" prepared porter house with smoke on it - think of this - mmm steak with smoke on it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you descale salmon?  Fillet it and stick it on the grill or a cedar plank.   The skin pops off when the meat cooks.

guess we covered this.   carry on.
Maybe it wasn't salmon. I can't recall. But I descaled some whole fish recently and it was a pain.

What kind of fish do people generally scale?  I've been fishing all my life and I've never scaled a fish, but I've always lived on the west coast and catch mostly saltwater gamefish and trout.   

any person that cannot complete these task should be tarred and feathered!  For those that follow the Memphis in May @[icon] thread - i made duck egg omelets all week for those that showed up early to help with ribs!  This year we are going to submit a "steak house" prepared porter house with smoke on it - think of this - mmm steak with smoke on it. 
:wub:

That credit cards are mostly a scam unless you pay off your balance every month so you don't get charged interest.  Then they're actually a better option than cash or debit because you get to keep your money in the bank earning you interest for the time between when you make your purchase and when you pay.
I don't think this holds for a lot of people - whether it's a majority or not I don't know but for a lot of people they simply spend more than they normally would when using a credit card.  You mention paying it off and that is the obvious part but one could still not carry a balance and spend more than they should.  And as you say, if you don't pay it off you are really getting screwed.

I don't think this holds for a lot of people - whether it's a majority or not I don't know but for a lot of people they simply spend more than they normally would when using a credit card.  You mention paying it off and that is the obvious part but one could still not carry a balance and spend more than they should.  And as you say, if you don't pay it off you are really getting screwed.
Spending more than you should isn't a scam - that's just you being irresponsible. That's something you can do with cash or debit cards too.

The scam of a credit card is when you start having to pay interest on your balance because you can't pay it all off. The cc companies are allowed to charge more interest on your balance than a bank could charge you in interest on a loan.

What kind of fish do people generally scale?  I've been fishing all my life and I've never scaled a fish, but I've always lived on the west coast and catch mostly saltwater gamefish and trout.   
I honestly don't remember. Maybe it was a sea bass or a snapper. 

I bought a whole fish, either at Costco or the local Asian grocery store, and I was grilling it whole. And I followed the directions in the dang recipe and scaled it. And it sucked to do.

And I probably won't do it again.

In general, just avoid the left lane. In the side-by-side situation, the person who wants to continue their path maintains their speed, and the person who wants to get over either speeds up or slows down to get over.
Don't drive in France.  Right of way goes inside-out in multi-lane circles.

The woman who sits outside my office came in with a cold today.  She's coughing up a storm and sounds miserable.  The receptionist who sits next to her offers her a cough drop.  "Oh yes, thank you, thank you. That would be great." She takes the cough drop, pops it in her mouth and crunches it up like she's eating an almond.  The thing is gone in 15 seconds. :unsure:  The receptionist and I just look at each other, like WTF?  How do you not know how a cough drop works?  Needless to say, she's still coughing.  
Everyone knows you take them rectally.

Ok, I've never used a dual-lane traffic circle, but I think I see a problem.

Say I'm coming from the east and I want to continue going east.  There's another car coming from the west and he wants to go north (a left turn).  He gets into the inner circle and I get into the outer circle.  Now say he's gotten into the circle ahead of me and I enter the circle just as he's coming past my entrance to the circle, so we're side-by-side into the circle.  He's going to want to turn right from the inner circle across my path to exit before I want to exit.  What do I do?  Keep going and let him figure out what to do or slow down to let him cross in front of me?  What does he do?
Big Ben, Parliament.

Some more basic ####.

Not calling/texting past a certain evening hour, ie 9pm, unless it's an emergency.

Not mowing your lawn or firing up the leaf blower at day break.

How a fireplace or wood stove works

How a convection oven works and how to exploit it.

Not to use computers in the bath

Not to volunteer personal info via the Internet

How to treat service employees properly

How to negotiate

How to parallel park easily

The scam of a credit card is when you start having to pay interest on your balance because you can't pay it all off. The cc companies are allowed to charge more interest on your balance than a bank could charge you in interest on a loan.
You do understand that credit cards are pretty much unsecured debt.  You get better rates for, say, car loans and mortgages because you car or your house is used as collateral......you fail to pay, bank can take your property.  That isn't true for credit card debt.  Companies assume x% default, so you pay with higher rates.

So just pay off your balance every month and don't worry about it.

Guilty.  I usually avoid it.  

Give me the 411 please.  
It's an oven with a fan that moves the hot air around. The result is it cooks food faster. The other main benefit is you can cook multiple things at a time. For example, need to cook 2 papa Murphy's pizzas at the same time? Heat to 425 then put one on top rack, one on bottom and cook normal time.

I cooked a 15lb turkey in 2.5 hrs and it was best ever. 

More about convection here.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.finecooking.com/articles/convection-ovens.aspx&ved=0ahUKEwjCi67uj8jTAhVI2WMKHUeBAKoQFgiSATAI&usg=AFQjCNGBAoaNu_OvH0OYyqi-AiMKF0VpFw&sig2=EbJ7xSPGdnDzQ84tp8er8w

It's an oven with a fan that moves the hot air around. The result is it cooks food faster. The other main benefit is you can cook multiple things at a time. For example, need to cook 2 papa Murphy's pizzas at the same time? Heat to 425 then put one on top rack, one on bottom and cook normal time.

I cooked a 15lb turkey in 2.5 hrs and it was best ever. 

More about convection here.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.finecooking.com/articles/convection-ovens.aspx&ved=0ahUKEwjCi67uj8jTAhVI2WMKHUeBAKoQFgiSATAI&usg=AFQjCNGBAoaNu_OvH0OYyqi-AiMKF0VpFw&sig2=EbJ7xSPGdnDzQ84tp8er8w
Convection ovens also brown things better and more evenly.

Since we got a convection oven, I never use the standard oven setting any more, except for the broiler occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread