What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you just took one picture of one location that just happened to show a small amount of people and decided to declare the overall protests as having a poor turn out?
There were multiple protest points. I was discussing the balloon protest point. If you go back and look at my comments that is the central theme. The picture of that I saw had the words large scale protest with 300 people.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are LGBT people who support Trump too, despite his abhorrent record of his administration towards that minority group since taking office. The #Walkaway hash tag was started by a gay hair stylist.
My sister is lesbian. She also had an abortion when she was younger (I never knew about this until much later in life, like my 30's). I mention that only to suggest that she might be expected to be sympathetic to a pro choice platform.

She is a hardcore Trumper. Made no sense to me until I realized that her support had nothing to do with questions of policy, it was all about cementing her place on the ladder of cultural status. Even gay, under Trump, she will still be above another segment of the population. 

My sister is lesbian. She also had an abortion when she was younger (I never knew about this until much later in life, like my 30's). I mention that only to suggest that she might be expected to be sympathetic to a pro choice platform.

She is a hardcore Trumper. Made no sense to me until I realized that her support had nothing to do with questions of policy, it was all about cementing her place on the ladder of cultural status. Even gay, under Trump, she will still be above another segment of the population. 
Because she is white?

There were multiple protest points. I was discussing the balloon protest point. If you go back and look at my comments that is the central theme. The picture of that I saw had the words large scale protest with 300 people.
So... basically it wasn't that big of deal at all then.

One Brit's take:

:lol:

This is what makes me laugh about him - he's the Shaggy of presidents; 
"It wasn't me."
"Sir, we literally have video of you..."
"Wasn't me"
"We were standing next to you when you said it, you clea..."
"Nope, wasn't me"
"You tweeted the exact same thing twenty minutes later, I can show it to you on y..."
"Fakenews, it wasn't me"

Because she is white?
Yes. I have explicitly racist immediate family members: my mother and sister for sure, my father used to be but I believe he has moderated his views, my brother is kind of "Matuski"-ish but leans very right, I wouldn't describe him as racist though.

For context: both my parents were high school dropouts, very very poor (though plenty of money for beer and cigarettes) and there might be those who would use the admittedly offensive phrases "white trash" or "trailer trash" to describe our family because of their behavior (not income). Think "Jerry springer"-ish stuff. Very hard working people though. 

Isn't generalizing a group of people, eg anyone who supports Trump at this point is tolerant of white nationalism and racism,one of the main criticisms of Trump.  Everyone who supports Trump is not a racist or supports racism.
No, but it is tacit approval of his racism and racist policies. How often have we seen any Trump supporters in his form condemn his racist views or statements? I can't recall any Trump supporter doing that.

No, but it is tacit approval of his racism and racist policies. How often have we seen any Trump supporters in his form condemn his racist views or statements? I can't recall any Trump supporter doing that.
I just hate generalizations based on a group of people or a geographical location.  I support some of Trumps policies and dislike some of his policies.  Just like I have many other Presidents.  I will say I disapprove of the way he uses twitter and other social media outlets to stir folks up.  Very unpresidential in my opinion it doesn't help the atmosphere in the country today as a matter of fact it is probably the cause of it.

I just hate generalizations based on a group of people or a geographical location.  I support some of Trumps policies and dislike some of his policies.  Just like I have many other Presidents.  I will say I disapprove of the way he uses twitter and other social media outlets to stir folks up.  Very unpresidential in my opinion it doesn't help the atmosphere in the country today as a matter of fact it is probably the cause of it.
OK. Have you ever once in this forum, going back to the "Mexicans are rapists" remarks, condemned or criticized any statement of Trump or policy of his administration that his critics here labeled as racism or racist?

It is fine to say you dislike some of his policies, but when his racism never seems to be called out by his supporters, it is not a stretch to conclude that on some level there is approval.

OK I never have.  Do I really need to? I mean it is covered here ad nauseam.  I am not trying to be belligerent here but could you show me a quote from Trump where he said every Mexican is a rapist.  Lot's of generalization.

OK I never have.  Do I really need to? I mean it is covered here ad nauseam.  I am not trying to be belligerent here but could you show me a quote from Trump where he said every Mexican is a rapist.  Lot's of generalization.
He didn't say that every single Mexican on the face of the earth is a rapist. But he inferred that many of them are rapists:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/06/politics/trump-mexico-rapists/index.html

The US has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems. Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

He didn't say that every single Mexican on the face of the earth is a rapist. But he inferred that many of them are rapists:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/06/politics/trump-mexico-rapists/index.html

The US has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems. Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
He never said MANY

Stop defending him.  You know he's a trash human being.  The only reason you defend him is because you like some of his policies.

He could be caught stabbing infants with a butcher knife and you'd be like "I'd bet those infants were here illegally.  MAGA!!!!11!!!!"

He never said MANY
He didn't have to. It was inferred by Latinos and those in the media that was what he meant. If just "some" (which suggests only a few) are "good people", then the rest are not good people and in the context of his statement are rapists.

He didn't have to. It was inferred by Latinos and those in the media that was what he meant. If just "some" (which suggests only a few) are "good people", then the rest are not good people and in the context of his statement are rapists.
BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.BS.

What is your opinion on why he didn't clarify his comments afterwards then?

If a lot of people were misunderstanding something I said and interpreting it in a negative manner, I would be sure to clarify what exactly I meant.

What is your opinion on why he didn't clarify his comments afterwards then?

If a lot of people were misunderstanding something I said and interpreting it in a negative manner, I would be sure to clarify what exactly I meant.
Obviously because that is what he meant to say or the meaning he wished to get across (which was more of a bullhorn than a dog whistle) and exactly what his base wanted to hear. 

You stay weeping, we stay winning. 
Is it winning to shut out all other news sources by discrediting them while only supporting one source.  That one source just happens to be the one that supports your agenda and rarely ever challenges it.  How can this be beneficial for any of us?  What happens if that one source decides to not play along anymore, does Trump shut that down?  Maybe Trump will shut them all down and start his own news network so he can control it.  Obviously everything they say would be the truth then.

Is it winning to shut out all other news sources by discrediting them while only supporting one source.  That one source just happens to be the one that supports your agenda and rarely ever challenges it.  How can this be beneficial for any of us?  What happens if that one source decides to not play along anymore, does Trump shut that down?  Maybe Trump will shut them all down and start his own news network so he can control it.  Obviously everything they say would be the truth then.
Trump destroying FAKENEWSMEDIA is absolutely the best form of winning one could possibly hope for. In recent time no one else has harmed this country as much as the fake news media has.

Trump destroying FAKENEWSMEDIA is absolutely the best form of winning one could possibly hope for. In recent time no one else has harmed this country as much as the fake news media has.
How is Trump calling real reports fake winning?  Trump denies everything and lies all the time.  A source posts video and audio of him saying something and Trump calls it fake news yet you eat it up as if the crap he spews were chocolate pudding.  There is little winning going on so far unless all you care about is upsetting over half of our country.

How is Trump calling real reports fake winning?  Trump denies everything and lies all the time.  A source posts video and audio of him saying something and Trump calls it fake news yet you eat it up as if the crap he spews were chocolate pudding.  There is little winning going on so far unless all you care about is upsetting over half of our country.
Excuse me, but when FAKENEWS normalized little boys taking pills to change genders they declared WAR on our country.

When FAKENEWS lied and said cops are racist and cost the lives of decent Americans they declared WAR on our country.

When FAKENEWS lied and said Trump voters are racist and made it okay to attack USA citizens simply for wearing a hat they declared WAR on our country.

When FAKENEWS runs HOAX HATE CRIME stories before confirming they are real because they want to divide the country in half they declared WAR on our country.

ETC i could go on all day

Excuse me, but when FAKENEWS normalized little boys taking pills to change genders they declared WAR on our country.

When FAKENEWS lied and said cops are racist and cost the lives of decent Americans they declared WAR on our country.

When FAKENEWS lied and said Trump voters are racist and made it okay to attack USA citizens simply for wearing a hat they declared WAR on our country.

When FAKENEWS runs HOAX HATE CRIME stories before confirming they are real because they want to divide the country in half they declared WAR on our country.

ETC i could go on all day
so no specifics then? Gotcha.

Once again, fake news is not something you disagree with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread