What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speak up against injustice?
I meant when a citizen is being held by another country.  I've always thought it was their job to get them back which is what Trump did.  So, Trump did his job which is great but Trump is a narcissist and needs affirmation.  He needs the attention.  That's the issue I have with him. 

To be clear, I think sometimes even in the most professional settings some doses of informality and humanity are okay.  The press briefings just seem so awkward to me. 
At least with Sean Spicer they were funny. He wasn't completely perfect as the White House Press Secretary, but hiding in the bushes was top-notch shtick. The repeated clarifications regarding Holocaust centers was also pretty great. Finally, weaponizing the lectern by shoving it at members of the media was legitimately hilarious.

By comparison, Sarah Huckabee Sanders's thankfulness charade seemed unimaginative and kind of tedious.

Last edited by a moderator:
So currently the “hot topics” in this thread are: 

5. Trump attacks net neutrality. 

4. Trump endorses Roy Moore.

3. Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ press conference. 

2. Lavar Ball. 

1. The number of Walmarts in Puerto Rico. 

Good to know we’ve got the priorities covered...

bradyfan said:
There are also at least 118 Walgreens in less than 3500 square miles in Puerto Rico.

Has anyone checked what these companies are doing in PR before and after the hurricane?
Is there some point to this? If so, tell us rather than playing twenty questions.

"By the way, he TOTALLY denied it." I couldn't tell if Trump was experiencing a rare moment of self-awareness and was making a little self-deprecating joke when he said that about Roy Moore today or whether he was being exceptionally stupid and thought the "totally" made everything entirely sensible. "Your Honor, I STRENUOUSLY object."

bradyfan said:
Puerto Rico cannot be fixed with money alone.
This is extremely true. I was remodelling my house and had to dry wall the entire living room/kitchen. I’m not very good at hanging drywall, especially mudding the corners, so i left a pile of $20 bills on the floor with explicit instructions on how i wanted the job done. I gave those lazy, green jamooks four days. Nothing got done.

This is extremely true. I was remodelling my house and had to dry wall the entire living room/kitchen. I’m not very good at hanging drywall, especially mudding the corners, so i left a pile of $20 bills on the floor with explicit instructions on how i wanted the job done. I gave those lazy, green jamooks four days. Nothing got done.
They have a corner tool to do the corners. Also invest in a good power sander. 

Today:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-reg-haitian-tps-protest-20171121-story.html

The Trump administration’s decision to end a temporary residency program for up to 59,000 Haitians means that many recipients, including thousands of South Floridians, will again face deportation about a year and a half from now.

Just over a year ago:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/donald-trump/article102349877.html

“Whether you vote for me or not I really want to be your biggest champion,” 

I really believe that Brannon is calling all of the shots. 

Today:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-reg-haitian-tps-protest-20171121-story.html

The Trump administration’s decision to end a temporary residency program for up to 59,000 Haitians means that many recipients, including thousands of South Floridians, will again face deportation about a year and a half from now.

Just over a year ago:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/donald-trump/article102349877.html

“Whether you vote for me or not I really want to be your biggest champion,” 

I really believe that Brannon is calling all of the shots. 
I’m starting to think that Trump isn’t 100% honest.

You’re not looking at the big picture.  The only thing that matters is....

“With Gorsuch on the bench Evangelicals will be able to practice their religion without persecution

- My wackadoo brother.
Whenever I read this, or the phrase "religious liberty" which is so popular these days, I always try to figure out what it is they're actually talking about. So far as I can see, the only religious "liberty" that they feel is being threatened is the right to be bigoted against gay people. ETA (and Muslims).

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I read this, or the phrase "religious liberty" which is so popular these days, I always try to figure out what it is they're actually talking about. So far as I can see, the only religious "liberty" that they feel is being threatened is the right to be bigoted against gay people. ETA (and Muslims).
Bingo on the gay thing.  No idea where it is but somewhere in the New Testament there’s a passage that basically says (according to his church) that if you don’t actively oppose something it’s as bad as fostering it or whatever.

And Starbucks cups.  Don’t forget the unchurched coastal transelitist leftangular progressexual agenda being pushed there.

Are they struggling to be profitable and grow right now?
I'm not gonna pretend that I know a lot about this topic, but it looks like companies want to charge consumers on the content that they can view online. 

For example, if you want news sites, that's $50 a month. 

If you want news sites plus streaming services (Netflix, Hulu) that's $75 a month. 

If you want streaming + news + social media, that's $80 a month. 

And so on and so forth. 

Its just another way to squeeze money out of us. ISPs have been spending a lot of money to end net neutrality. 

Our browsing history is already up for sale, it passed through congress and the Supreme Court has made rulings to strengthen it. 

I have low expectations of our government, so I don't know what's going to happen. 

I'm not gonna pretend that I know a lot about this topic, but it looks like companies want to charge consumers on the content that they can view online. 

For example, if you want news sites, that's $50 a month. 

If you want news sites plus streaming services (Netflix, Hulu) that's $75 a month. 

If you want streaming + news + social media, that's $80 a month. 

And so on and so forth. 

Its just another way to squeeze money out of us. ISPs have been spending a lot of money to end net neutrality. 

Our browsing history is already up for sale, it passed through congress and the Supreme Court has made rulings to strengthen it. 

I have low expectations of our government, so I don't know what's going to happen. 
How much will Comcast charge for FBG $.99?

Sweet J said:
You are free to continue your racially charged dog whistle posts, I'm free to continue calling you out on it. 
I was worried for a minute there, because I honestly thought you were a lot smarter than this.  I posted the interview because I thought it was amusing.  Then you turned it into a big race thing.  Is Lavar Ball immune from criticism because of the color of his flesh?  Exactly what part of "holy #### this guy" is racially charged?  

And Starbucks cups.  Don’t forget the unchurched coastal transelitist leftangular progressexual agenda being pushed there.
Would love if they actually had “War on Christmas” cups.  F35s dogfighting Santa’s sleigh, gift wrapped IEDs under the tree, etc

I'm not well versed on net neutrality, but I know the basics, pre-2015 there weren't protections in place, yes?  So aren't we essentially going back to those times?  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread