What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they stop the sales of recreational doesn't mean the local police will start arresting people in the states where marijuana is legal
It's not the local police. The Feds come in and confiscate all the inventory from dispensaries, essentially putting them out of business and leaving them with massive debt, in addition to the possibility of federal criminal charges. 

All people are equal in the eyes of god. 

Very inspiring to hear the President reinforce the fact that we are all to be treated the same. I wonder if the message of equality will fall on deaf ears. 
I imagine deaf people are less likely to be at CPAC so i imagine the message falling on deaf ears is not too probable.

It's not the local police. The Feds come in and confiscate all the inventory from dispensaries, essentially putting them out of business and leaving them with massive debt, in addition to the possibility of federal criminal charges. 
Most dispensaries in Colorado have a medical and rec side in the same building. Just move back to all medical.

You think the feds are going to start arresting people on the street for marijuana?
No, no I don't.

I was merely correcting your mischaracterization of the state of the law. A small matter to most, and I am sure not harm or misdirection intended, its just that I have particular reasons for having a bit of a peccadillo on this issue.  Sorry.  I should perhaps have let it pass.

Not just the inventory, but the assets as well, proceeds of a criminal enterprise, and they may also look into racketeering counts.

No, no I don't.

I was merely correcting your mischaracterization of the state of the law. A small matter to most, and I am sure not harm or misdirection intended, its just that I have particular reasons for having a bit of a peccadillo on this issue.  Sorry.  I should perhaps have let it pass.
No problem since I'm sure you know more about the state laws then me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine deaf people are less likely to be at CPAC so i imagine the message falling on deaf ears is not too probable.
Interesting, I did not know there was a correlation that being deaf meant you were less likely to be a conservative.
I just imagine deaf conservatives are less likely to show up at a CPAC rally.

Although, it does make me wonder how Trump comes across to deaf people.  Reading a transcript of a Trump speech, or campaign rally is really an exercise in giving someone the benefit of the doubt that they're intelligent.  I wonder if deaf people or folks who are forced to read his transcripts, perhaps folks not fluent in english, have an easier time seeing through him.

Obama got a 1,000-page $780 billion stimulus passed 28 days into his first term and announced his housing adjustment plan for foreclosing mortgages the next day.
He should have spent more time on the stimulus.  It was sold as going towards infrastructure, but very little of it actually did.  If Trump can get a legitimate infrastructure bill through in the next four years that would be great.

Better to do it right than do it fast.

He should have spent more time on the stimulus.  It was sold as going towards infrastructure, but very little of it actually did.  If Trump can get a legitimate infrastructure bill through in the next four years that would be great.

I'm not saying the stimulus was perfect, I'm saying Trump hasn't gotten more done in his first 30 days.

Enough to make you sick

Ann Coulter‏ @AnnCoulter

This is why Paul Ryan wants to cut your Social Security: Refugees will cost taxpayers an est. $4.1 billion in fiscal 2017.
And, citing a source, she's also wrong: (bolded & underlining emphasis added is mine)

Mainstream debate, whether from a humanitarian or nationalist point of view, assumes that refugees impose a net burden on their host countries. But empirical evidence suggests that refugees actually contribute economically to their host countries, even if this takes some years to achieve.

urbanhack:

Medical seems to be completely in the clear.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Trump has talked about Medical Marijuana being beneficial for certain ailments (i.e. terminal cancer), but we have no idea if he's willing to let states and doctors decide how it can be dispensed.

All people are equal in the eyes of god. 

Very inspiring to hear the President reinforce the fact that we are all to be treated the same. I wonder if the message of equality will fall on deaf ears. 
Can't be a message the GOP wants to hear.  They've fought this notion for a very long time.  If we're being honest, both parties fight against this when they are picking winners and losers during their policy crafting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama got a 1,000-page $780 billion stimulus passed 28 days into his first term and announced his housing adjustment plan for foreclosing mortgages the next day.

The longer it sat in Congress, the more the GOP replaced infrastructure with tax cuts :shrug:  

I know, but those are both actually points of emphasis of the current administration (enforce existing law, reduce regulations) and it's fun to point out just how stupid that is.
Yes yes, it is really stupid to think that there are too many regulations and few are enforced and reducing the number and actually enforcing the remaining ones is plausible.

Clearly the smart play to having a giant pile of unenforced regulations is to pile on more regs until the problem disappears. 

The Al Bundy defense.  "Sure, look at me now, but in high school I scored four touchdowns in a single game!"
He still won the reunion game years later and in fact beat the devil in a game rigged against him. It is dishonest to discount Al Bundys or the Republicans more recent triumphs and dwell  on only their smashing early victories. 

Can't be a message the GOP wants to hear.  They've fought this notion for a very long time.
At least since after they freed the slaves and the suffrage movement right?
In case you haven't notices, we live in a "what have you done for me lately" kind of society.  It's telling that your example goes all the way back to Lincoln era of the GOP.  Might be time to stop living in the past...or not....just a suggestion.

He still won the reunion game years later and in fact beat the devil in a game rigged against him. It is dishonest to discount Al Bundys or the Republicans more recent triumphs and dwell  on only their smashing early victories. 
I look forward to celebrating the Republicans being sent to hell with Al Bundy's family for 300 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread