What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want them to launch when ordered, go the right direction, avoid counter measures, and land where they are intended....Yes.  I don't think the public understands how ancient these things are.  4x6 floppy disks would be a substantial upgrade.
The whole system needs a massive upgrade. 

Can you please shut it with your anti-religion rants and take them to another thread?  You've been trying to pick this fight for several pages.
No.  I think religion absolutely plays a part in all of this, so it belongs in this thread.  Let me know when we can stop fighting to defend the separation of church and state, because the way I see it, it's under constant threat.

James Fenimore Cooper, What a pile of crap that is.
He was all uppity 
Of course he was...they all were.  I have no idea what jon's point is in pointing it out though.  It's absurd that either party or it's supporters makes a four year old's argument to justify their actions.  It's even more absurd that we settle for it as a "reason" why things are the way they are.  There's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to using the "but they were mean / did it first" crap.

If you want them to launch when ordered, go the right direction, avoid counter measures, and land where they are intended....Yes.  I don't think the public understands how ancient these things are.  4x6 floppy disks would be a substantial upgrade.
We're actually upgrading the 40 year old 8 inch floppy disks in 2017. The world without nuclear weapons hope of 2009 was replaced with a 30 year, trillion dollar modernization program.

They used to have one wrench to tighten the bolts on nuclear warheads. When somebody needed to use it, they'd FedEx it between facilities.

The arsenal is what at present? I think it's around 4,000-4,500 warheads spread across 1,900 delivery systems? I still see 7K quoted but I don't think that's correct. Anyway, we can still hit any spot on earth several times over so I think we're good in terms of stockpiling. But we probably need to rebuild some of the 50-60 year old silos with rusted doors that won't close after you open them.

Whose job should it be to check out the equipment?  Might be time for men to stay wearing quilts and chicks to exclusively go with skirts.   Maybe one of those mirrors with the long pole like they use to check for bombs in a UPS truck at the Bank of America building on 42nd street.  Hey sir, can you move your gut up a bit, I need to a good look at your pecker 
This is going to have to be a grass-roots effort for enforcement.  I encourage all of you to bone up on post-surgical penile-construction surgery photos and start examining the "so-called men" to your left and to your right while standing at the urinal.  Law enforcement alone can't prevent this heinous crime.  Remember guys, "if you see something, say something."

White House advisor threatens reporter with lawsuit for criticism.

Looks like it was good ole boy Sebastian Gorka, terrorism advisor.

An embattled White House terrorism advisor whose academic credentials have come under widespread fire telephoned one of his main critics at home Tuesday night and threatened legal action against him, Newsweek has learned.

Sebastian Gorka, whose views on Islam have been widely labeled extremist, called noted terrorism expert Michael S. Smith II in South Carolina and expressed dismay that Smith had been criticizing him on Twitter, according to a recording of the call provided to Newsweek.

“I was like a deer in the headlights,” Smith, a Republican who has advised congressional committees on the use of social media by the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) and al-Qaeda, tells Newsweek. “I thought it was a prank. He began by threatening me with a lawsuit.”
Smith said that, “Gorka asserted my tweets about him merited examination by the White House legal counsel. In effect, he was threatening to entangle me in a legal battle for voicing my concerns on Twitter that he does not possess expertise sufficient to assist the president of the United States with formulating and guiding national security policies.”

We're actually upgrading the 40 year old 8 inch floppy disks in 2017. The world without nuclear weapons hope of 2009 was replaced with a 30 year, trillion dollar modernization program.

They used to have one wrench to tighten the bolts on nuclear warheads. When somebody needed to use it, they'd FedEx it between facilities.

The arsenal is what at present? I think it's around 4,000-4,500 warheads spread across 1,900 delivery systems? I still see 7K quoted but I don't think that's correct. Anyway, we can still hit any spot on earth several times over so I think we're good in terms of stockpiling. But we probably need to rebuild some of the 50-60 year old silos with rusted doors that won't close after you open them.
This issue is not the quantity, we have far more than we need.  The scary part is if this stuff still works. 

Public Views Obamacare More Favorably Than UnfavorablyPublic Remains Split on Repeal but a Small Share, Including 31% of Republicans, Favor Repeal Without Replace

In spite of these more favorable views, the public remains divided along partisan lines on whether Congress should (47%) or should not (48%) repeal the law. At the same time, more of those who favor repeal want lawmakers to wait until the details of a replacement plan are known (28% overall) than want Congress to repeal immediately and work out the replacement’s details later (18% overall).

Even among Republicans, while the majority want to see Congress vote to repeal the law – fewer want them to vote to repeal the law immediately (31%) than want them to wait until they have the details of a replacement plan announced (48%), and 16 percent of Republicans do not want the law repealed at all.

Of course he was...they all were.  I have no idea what jon's point is in pointing it out though.  It's absurd that either party or it's supporters makes a four year old's argument to justify their actions.  It's even more absurd that we settle for it as a "reason" why things are the way they are.  There's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to using the "but they were mean / did it first" crap.
The point was to counter Tim's point, that the Dems should do everything possible to stop everything that Trump tries and is using how terribly the GOP treated Obama as justification.  If you want to honestly assess what happened during the Obama years, it is just partisan BS to point only at the GOP.  I don't care who was first or however far back this crap goes.  You can't just go keep escalating these fights and just use what they did as an excuse while ignoring what your side contributed to the process.  This crap is out of control and needs to stop.  Both sides suck ### and F all this partisan analysis. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The point was to counter Tim's point, that the Dems should do everything possible to stop everything that Trump tries and is using how terribly the GOP treated Obama.  But if you want to honestly assess what happened during the Obama years, it is just partisan BS to point only at the GOP.  I don't care who was first or however far back this crap goes.  You can't just go keep escalating these fights and just use what they did as an excuse.  This crap is out of control and needs to stop.  Both sides suck ### and F all this partisan analysis, now that we are in charge. 
FYP.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump

The FBI is totally unable to stop the national security "leakers" that have permeated our government for a long time. They can't even......
Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump

find the leakers within the FBI itself. Classified information is being given to media that could have a devastating effect on U.S. FIND NOW
:lmao:

Well there you go.  No you did not fix anything.  You just pointed out how stupid both sides have been.  This needed to stop along time ago.  This whole thing is sickening and this thread is a prime example. 

Where was this bipartisan stuff when Scalia died?  I don't remember hearing many right leaners saying "what's right is right."  
I do, a great many in fact.  What I do not remember is many in congress being of that view.  Were there examples on this message board of folks supporting congresses shameful, obstructionist stance, no doubt, but there were many who thought the matter should move forward, and that in spite of the fact that it may have massively swung the Court for many years.

If folks could tune out the ultra partisan idiots, and focus instead on the decent and reasonable folks from the other sides things could get better.  The problem is the unreasonable are loud and prolific and thereby seem more ubiquitous than they actually are.

Maybe I'm a few hours late on this but WTF is going on with forcing people to show ID when getting off of an airplane on a domestic flight?    From what I'm reading, immigration officials were looking for some illegal and customs officials forced every person from a delta flight from San Francisco to NY to show identification proving they were not the wanted Mexican or Guatemalan or whatever.   So a party who claims to champion personal rights is now ok with having every Joe, **** and Guillermo show ID at any point that a customs official says boo.   Love the land of the free we live in
I'm struggling to understand the logistics on this.

If all of these folks were on the plane, that means they've already shown ID to a TSA agent.  No?  

The airline has the passenger manifest that (presumably) has the seat each person is sitting in.  So if this was so important that ICE come get this guy right then and there, why can't they just go to seat 18A and grab the guy?

Link to you saying "the obstruction needs to stop" from any day during the eight years of Obama's Presidency?
So therefor you are implying you will refuse to be an adult and set an example?  You will not lead, but rather will have your actions dictated by the poor actions of others. You will descend to the wrong to make things right? 

I do, a great many in fact.  What I do not remember is many in congress being of that view.  Were there examples on this message board of folks supporting congresses shameful, obstructionist stance, not doubt, but there were many who thought the matter should move forward, and that in spite of the fact that it may have massively swung the Court for many years.

If folks could tune out the ultra partisan idiots, and focus instead on the decent and reasonable folks from the other sides things could get better.  The problem is the unreasonable are loud and prolific and thereby seem more ubiquitous than they actually are.
I think you have that wrong, there were plenty of people here rationalizing the SC obstruction as simply business as usual in an election year and had been done historically (both of which were simply not true).

Where was this bipartisan stuff when Scalia died?  I don't remember hearing many right leaners saying "what's right is right."  
I don't expect either side to just sit back and watch the court flip.  If one of the old liberals pass away on the court, I will have no issue with the Dems playing every card available to prevent them from being replaced by a conservative judge.  That is normal politics and is expected.  What is troubling is the irrational block everything mentality and the Hitler/racist hate-rhetoric/demonization done by both sides that has made this country a mockery and dysfunctional.  There is no real debate with negotiations and progress anywhere to be found on any issue.     

I don't expect either side to just sit back and watch the court flip.  If one of the old liberals pass away on the court, I will have no issue with the Dems playing every card available to prevent them from being replaced by a conservative judge.  That is normal politics and is expected.  What is troubling is the irrational block everything mentality and the Hitler/racist hate-rhetoric/demonization done by both sides that has made this country a mockery and dysfunctional.  There is no real debate with negotiations and progress anywhere to be found on any issue.     
See @Ditkaless Wonders

So therefor you are implying you will refuse to be an adult and set an example?  You will not lead, but rather will have your actions dictated by the poor actions of others. You will descend to the wrong to make things right? 
I think the difference in thought isn't ### for tat.  It's more like "This thing is burning to the ground.  No way I'm going to help with that."  I don't have much hope left for bipartisanship on any issue from here forward.  I just don't see how you undo the Supreme Court thing to be honest.  

I think all the Dems can do now is try to slow this totalitarian nightmare down for 4 years.  Then when they inevitably get the power back, they will swing it wildly in the other direction.  I don't have a lot of hope for Old Glory.  We've been transitioning into a corporate government for a long time.  

I think you have that wrong, there were plenty of people here rationalizing the SC obstruction as simply business as usual in an election year and had been done historically (both of which were simply not true).
I believe I acknowledge there were shameful actors here.  You now want to parse the amount of emphasis there should be on that acknowledgement.  I choose not to go further down that path. 

Maybe having somebody so terrible and disastrous like Trump will lead to more cooperation once we get a normal person in; even if that person is Pence so long as Bannon and some of these crazy appointees are replaced as well. 

It was unprecedented.  

Maybe having somebody so terrible and disastrous like Trump will lead to more cooperation once we get a normal person in; even if that person is Pence so long as Bannon and some of these crazy appointees are replaced as well. 
So far it's not leading to cooperation, it's leading to more corporation.  

Trying to imagine what would happen if an Obama Chief of Staff had asked the FBI to kill a story about an investigation.  Do you think the GOP would have started impeachment proceedings, or would they just move straight to marching up Pennsylvania Avenue with pitchforks and torches?

Lost it.  He reminds me of a kid coming home from school and trying to prime his parents for the call he knows is coming. 
It also implicitly acknowledges that the FBI leaks are true.  So you have that and now the influence peddling.  Yeah, just business as usual.

It was unprecedented.  
Not really.  There have been 10 times in history where the Senate did not take action on a nominee.  Many were re-nominated and later confirmed, but several were not.  The reasoning was a bit unprecedented, but was in line with what Democrats threatened towards the end of the Bush years.  I would have preferred a different approach. 

The point was to counter Tim's point, that the Dems should do everything possible to stop everything that Trump tries and is using how terribly the GOP treated Obama as justification.  If you want to honestly assess what happened during the Obama years, it is just partisan BS to point only at the GOP.  I don't care who was first or however far back this crap goes.  You can't just go keep escalating these fights and just use what they did as an excuse while ignoring what your side contributed to the process.  This crap is out of control and needs to stop.  Both sides suck ### and F all this partisan analysis.
I look forward to your outrage against all parties in the not too distant future.  If you believe this and you're tired of it, you'll begin bagging on the GOP and their supporters (in the interest of "fair and balanced" of course) any day now.  You have a lot of catching up to do.

Trying to imagine what would happen if an Obama Chief of Staff had asked the FBI to kill a story about an investigation.  Do you think the GOP would have started impeachment proceedings, or would they just move straight to marching up Pennsylvania Avenue with pitchforks and torches?
Pretty sure the GOP snowflakes had hundreds of hysterical posts just because Rahm said: "You never let a serious crisis go to waste."

Not really.  There have been 10 times in history where the Senate did not take action on a nominee.  Many were re-nominated and later confirmed, but several were not.  The reasoning was a bit unprecedented, but was in line with what Democrats threatened towards the end of the Bush years.  I would have preferred a different approach. 
Threatened is not the same is did.  

Either way, water under the bridge now.  Any and every person put forth for the Supreme Court from here forward will be contested to the maximum ability of the weaker party.  

Further, pretty much any policy will go this way as well.  

The right went all in on the obstructionist agenda to protect insurance, medical, and gun lobbies.  The fallout of that shortsighted action is that now anything and everything will be contested to very limits of legality.  Your side is up now.  Have your fun.  Make America Great Again.  In 4 years (if we make it that long), it's going to be a Pink Nightmare.  

Listening to the guy taking Hannity's spot yesterday.  I'm going to have to start keeping record of all the times Conservatives/Trumpkins are criticizing Obama for commenting on something...because I can't believe for a second that if Trump is ever not the President...he'll go quietly into that goodnight. 

Listening to the guy taking Hannity's spot yesterday.  I'm going to have to start keeping record of all the times Conservatives/Trumpkins are criticizing Obama for commenting on something...because I can't believe for a second that if Trump is ever not the President...he'll go quietly into that goodnight. 
Or he quits.  Not sure.  

No Republican Senate has confirmed a Democrat's nomination for the Supreme Court in over 120 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread