What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
timschochet said:
Democrats commit themselves to "total war" against Trump: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/us/democrats-dnc-chairman-trump-keith-ellison-tom-perez.amp.html?client=safari

As I've written, I believe this is in error; the Dems should work with Trump when they can. But given the mood of the base, plus the way the Republicans acted against Obama, I can't really blame them. 
Obama acted like a total ### towards republicans.  Lots of shared responsibility.  But I know you refuse to see the obvious.  

Joy ReidVerified account‏@JoyAnnReid 2h2 hours ago

You pay for non-citizens' healthcare already -

when they show up at the emergency room because they're not allowed to have Obamacare.

And by the way if you as a U.S. citizen travel abroad and get hit by a bus,

the citizens of that country pay for your healthcare. Ok by you?

Maria Leonard‏@myvallie 3h3 hours ago

@cydbeacham @JoyAnnReid however, you didn't answer my question.

Are you okay with paying for non American's healthcare?

Last edited by a moderator:
He also promised that all of Trump's campaign promises will be fulfilled "in short order."
Trump: We will accomplish X on Day One!

Reporter (Day 2): Why didn't you accomplish X?

Trump: It's all Obama's fault! Will will accomplish X on Day 91!

Reporter (Day 92): Why didn't you accomplish X?

Trump: It's all Obama's fault! Will will accomplish X on Day 191!

He can pretty much repeat that script to the end of eternity. His supporters will follow him all the way down to the Flavor Aid barrels.

To justify not having town hall meetings, Gohmert invoked the Gabby Giffords shooting.  She has responded.

“Town halls and countless constituent meetings were a hallmark of my tenure in Congress. It’s how I was able to serve the people of southern Arizona. I believed that listening to my constituents was the most basic and core tenant of the job I was hired to do.

“I was shot on a Saturday morning. By Monday morning my offices were open to the public. Ron Barber – at my side that Saturday, who was shot multiple times, then elected to Congress in my stead – held town halls. It’s what the people deserve in a representative.

“In the past year, campaigning for gun safety, I have held over 50 public events.

“Many of the members of Congress who are refusing to hold town halls and listen to their constituents concerns are the very same politicians that have opposed commonsense gun violence prevention policies and have allowed the Washington gun lobby to threaten the safety of law enforcement and everyday citizens in our schools, businesses, places of worship, airports, and movie theaters.

“To the politicians who have abandoned their civic obligations, I say this: Have some courage. Face your constituents. Hold town halls.”

Henry Ford said:
Spicer:  The DOJ will be taking action against states that have legalized recreational marijuana.
Trump voters are all over the map. Some will be for this, some will be libertarians who thought they were voting against 'the state'. Same voters who are dreaming up an evil 'deep state' have to comport that the Trump administration is for a greatly expanded state at the same time. I'd think you need some good weed to do that.

Henry:

Kind feel badly for the Trump voters who expected recreational weed to continue.
Why do you feel bad? Trump was totally up front about his belief that recreational marijuana use should remain a federal crime and that he would utilize taxpayer dollars to go after states that defied the federal statutes.

Oh wait, no he wasn't.

Oh. You sure seem to bring up the mean ol' Obama quite often. Your guy won...shouldn't you be talking about all the great things he is doing?
Tim is the one who brought him up as the reason for Dems to act like asses.  HTH, but how can it.  You are more of a partisan hack than Tim. 

Oh. You sure seem to bring up the mean ol' Obama quite often. Your guy won...shouldn't you be talking about all the great things he is doing?
What's not great about legislating adults' personal lives? Let's have the government all up in that, am I right Trump guys? Want to make a family planning decision? Smoke a bud? Better check with the government. What's not great about that?

Trampling all over states and individual rights, really nice. What's next, you need to know every time I #### my wife? This is where these people are dangerous. Read the documents asswipe.
Uhhh....the federal law still holds that marijuana is a Schedule I drug (incorrectly) and illegal in all parts of the country.  Obama just chose not to pursue it.

Contrary to your name, you seem to be losing it a bit here.

I think this weed thing may be the south exacting revenge on states rights issues as payback for the civil war.

:sigh:

Carrie Johnson  @johnson_carrie
BREAKING Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinds Obama era guidance directing the Justice Dept to reduce its use of private prisons.

Uhhh....the federal law still holds that marijuana is a Schedule I drug (incorrectly) and illegal in all parts of the country.  Obama just chose not to pursue it.

Contrary to your name, you seem to be losing it a bit here.
Do you approve of the government legislating adult recreational behaviors? I don't, and Losing It is a tremendous Rush song that I strongly recommend. I am ok though, thanks.

I'd like to see their definition of this, but as is it certainly sounds like bad news for the U.S. You either figure out how to make globalism benefit the U.S. (and others) or you get left behind. Opting out is a recipe for stagnation, possibly regression.
China made the same mistake a long time ago. Otherwise, we might be speaking Chinese.

:sigh:

Carrie Johnson  @johnson_carrie
BREAKING Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinds Obama era guidance directing the Justice Dept to reduce its use of private prisons.

Serious question- is there anything the Trump administration has done to date that can't be accurately described as favoring the wealthy and/or powerful at the expense of the weak, needy and/or impoverished?  One single thing that's not "punching down"? 

Maybe rescinding the TPP? I can't think of anything else.

Sorry.  But it is ignorant not to acknowledge Onama's role in the partisan divide.  He never reached out and early on his was especially arrogantly divisive.  
James Fenimore Cooper, What a pile of crap that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread