What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (1 Viewer)

As a murray owner, the helu signing was great, just a complimentary piece and trich obv not gonna take any carries from him, unless he is tired and they need like 1.8 yds

As a murray owner, the helu signing was great, just a complimentary piece and trich obv not gonna take any carries from him, unless he is tired and they need like 1.8 yds
Murray had carries taken away from him by DMC - who had a YPC .1 more than Richardson.

Looks like full blown RBBC to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the trade market on Trent these days? I own him in one league, paid 1.04 last year (which turned into Carlos Hyde....). Was offered a late second now, turned it down.

Am not even bothering to hope for a rebound, but at this point he can't get any worse, so hold on tight and keep dreaming for a Lynch-like renaissance
Doubt anyone is going to pay more, but you never know.
Yeah, I was asking myself what type of offer I would accept in a 16-teamer. 1.16 for sure, but probably 2.03-2.04, just to offload that junk.

I am really curious what other owners are getting / would accept at this point. It's unfortunate that all the ridicule from the trolls chased away the people who actually want to have a proper FF conversation.
pretty sure people looking for proper ff convos aren't wasting their time in a richardson thread
And yet you are here...JK

Seriously, in this year's draft, its hard for me seeing someone offering anything above 2.10 or for him. Even the most desperate/rose colored glasses TRICH guy would have to be logical enough to look up and down this draft class and think that the depth could produce some really good players.

Trent was given all the leeway in the world by the Colts until he said this on Dec 4th: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/12/03/colts-coach-chuck-pagano-stands-behind-struggling-trent-richardson/19851079/

"People have just been stacking the box," he said. "I haven't been getting the look I was getting earlier in the season. Now that Ahmad (Bradshaw's injured) people have just been counting on me to run the ball. I haven't been getting all the same looks as everybody else.

"When it comes down to it, I want to say I've been doing my job because every time I go in and (we) play-action, somebody's wide open. If they're trying to stop me and Andrew Luck is having a good day or Boom (Herron) is having a good day, I'm doing good because they're distracted by me and they can't stop the other guys. I'm doing my job."
who's going to distract the pats' defense?
well, given that the colts managed to score 7 points maybe the guy had a point.......

Murray had carries taken away from him by DMC - who had a YPC .1 more than Richardson.

If you wanna be a cool guy and factor things in like, their ineptitude at utilizing their talent properly, then fine. I choose to think of Latavius as my fantasy savior

:lmao: awesome

"Me and [Colts GM Ryan Grigson] didn't see eye to eye. My next step, I'll be the starter. Indy didn't fit me," Richardson told ESPN.com on Thursday.
He's probably right. He can start for most Arena League teams.
Let's be realistic here.

He could start for SOME Arena League teams...
Woo hoo, welcome to the dark side man. It only took squistion 1 year and you 2 years to finally see the light. So glad I never wasted a pick on this turd in any league the past two years.
There's a lot of things wrong with the running game in Indy, and Trent was one of them. His 1st season was hard for me to judge because of how bad they were at so many other aspects. I don't recall ever saying he would be a stud...just that it was too early to tell after 1 season.

I still hate the play calling in Indy. It's no secret to anyone who watches them with regularity that they use a 2-back system with distinctive roles. Look at the guys who replaced Trent each year; both Brown and Herron saw a drop in YPC once they took over as the lead back and Trent saw a rise in his YPC as a COP.

However, they both were still better in either role than Richardson was (lead or COP).

There were a couple flashes here and there this season, but at the end of the day just waaaaay too much drama. People put up with your drama when you're producing, but not when your YPC is in the low 3's.

All kidding aside, Richardson is barely even worth a roster spot at this point (format dependent obviously). The Raiders represent a significant downgrade in situation / supporting cast vs. Indy and even probably vs. Cleveland. Helu is likely to get the majority of the RB targets, and Oakland ran for only 4 TDs total as a team last year. IMO this contract quite possibly represents Richardson's last chance in the NFL -- and I have a very hard time seeing him doing anything FF relevant in that offense and behind that o-line.

Trent Richardson signs contract with Oakland Raiders
Trent Richardson has found another gig.

The Oakland Raiders announced Tuesday that they have signed the former first-round pick to a new deal. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the deal is for two years and is worth $3.9 million. Richardson, who became available after being released by the Indianapolis Colts last week, can make up to $4 million per season based on incentives.

It's another veteran flier by Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie, who went hard after DeMarco Murray last week. Richardson is coming off a miserable season with the Colts in which he averaged 3.3 yards per carry, lost his starting job and was suspended during the postseason. He represents the lowlight in the general manager career of Ryan Grigson, who gave up a first-round pick to acquire Richardson from the Browns in October 2013.

Richardson, 24, joins a new-look Raiders backfield that has moved on without Maurice Jones-Drew and Darren McFadden. Promising third-year man Latavius Murray is the favorite to be the team's primary backfield option in 2015.

It's a good landing spot for Richardson, who is running out of chances and could carve out a role on a rebuilding team. Richardson, who has been consistently outspoken despite his subpar play, predicted after his Colts release that he would rise again.

"I'll be one of the top running backs from here on out," he told ESPN's Mike Wells. "They ruled Marshawn Lynch off in his third year. Look at what he's doing now. My next stop, I'll be the starter. I still have my pride and I know who I am."

Richardson now gets a shot to back up that big talk.

Rotoworld take:

New Raiders RB Trent Richardson's two-year deal is worth $3.9 million, with another $4.1 million available through incentives.

In other words, it's more than flier money. Unless the Raiders were facing some unknown competition for Richardson's services, it's an extremely surprising contract. Going on 25, Richardson has averaged 3.30 yards across his 614 career carries. Those are astoundingly bad numbers for any running back, let alone a former No. 3 overall pick. It will be a real shame if Richardson cuts into Latavius Murray's opportunities to establish himself as the Raiders' No. 1 back.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 17 - 1:31 PM

I turned down a mid 3rd in a devy league that would be equivalent to an early fourth, I paid a lot more for him and I'd rather take a punt on the rather long shot renaissance than a pick that is historically almost useless! Thankfully the only league I own him in, sometimes the trades other owners turn down are the best deals ;)

Don't worry, the Raiders playbook is much easier to understand.
Trent Richardson joining Raiders with high expectationsExcerpt:

Richardson thinks he fits Oakland offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave's system. Musgrave plans to use a fast-paced approach and often go into the no-huddle.

"We went over the offense and saw a lot of stuff that I saw in college. I know this playbook already, especially when it comes to the run," Richardson said. "I know what they expect and how they’re going to spread the field, putting me in a position to be successful. With that, in talking to coach (Jack Del Rio), he just said there is just a lot of opportunity out here. He said he isn’t going to promise me anything, but if I come in and work, I can be that bell cow."

People wrote off Thomas Jones when he was at about T-Rich's vintage. He ended up being a stud for a couple of seasons later in life.
Not analogous. The Cards were a graveyard for RBs. Jones didn't succeed, but nobody else there did either (Garrison Hearst became a star after going the 49ers). Meanwhile, other backs with the Colts looked a lot better than TRich when given the opportunity.If you invest or hold him expecting a Thomas Jones like career resurrection, you will be severely disappointed.
While their situations aren't identical, they most certainly are comparable. During Jones' career in Ari, Pittman gained 1300 YFS/6 TDs, 1100 YFS/5 TDs, & Shipp gained 1200 YFS/6 TDs. So suggesting that Jones was below average in Ari b/c of the situation isn't accurate; other RBs had success, he didn't. After moving to his 3rd (& later 4th) team, he was a stud for several years.Another comparable situation is Lynch. He had a decent rookie season, a decent year 2, then fell off a cliff, only to become a stud after a trade to Seattle. Lynch averaged 3.9 YPC before his trade to Seattle, Richardson has averaged 3.3 thus far.

This bumps Latavius Murray in my book. T-rich is clearly there as a body filler and depth reasons, so that only boosts Murray's value in the sense it doesn't look like they will draft a guy this year. He doesn't compete with Murray or Helu in regards to what they can do so the way I'm reading into this signing is that Murray is the guy to own, while Helu is a nice handcuff/3rd down back.

If you wanna be a cool guy and factor things in like, their ineptitude at utilizing their talent properly, then fine. I choose to think of Latavius as my fantasy savior
:lol:

This bumps Latavius Murray in my book. T-rich is clearly there as a body filler and depth reasons, so that only boosts Murray's value in the sense it doesn't look like they will draft a guy this year. He doesn't compete with Murray or Helu in regards to what they can do so the way I'm reading into this signing is that Murray is the guy to own, while Helu is a nice handcuff/3rd down back.
Hard to see this...after seeing the contract. You have to really hate TR if you see this as bumping Murray. Oh yeah...most people here do see him through anger colored glasses.

Hard to see this...after seeing the contract. You have to really hate TR if you see this as bumping Murray. Oh yeah...most people here do see him through anger colored glasses.
:lmao: :lmao:

nothing like the rage jamarcus russell incites

The Raiders are beyond pathetic. Absolute morons in the front office. I'd be ashamed to have anything to do with that organization.
:goodposting:

They've become such a laughingstock that they are almost impossible to hate now. They are the biggest joke in sports right now.

This damned thread is guaranteed to march on like a zombie now. Just wait til TR goes in on 3rd down or at the goal line or for a series over Murray, people will lose it.

I can't believe some of you guys are talking about turning down 2nd rounders for him. I traded him and a 2016 4 for a 3.10 and a 2016 3 a week ago. He would have been a roster cut otherwise. I'd love to see what others have been getting for him even in light of the news that he will compete for the starting job. Can't imagine it's much. Man a 2nd rounder would have been heaven.

The Raiders are beyond pathetic. Absolute morons in the front office. I'd be ashamed to have anything to do with that organization.

They've become such a laughingstock that they are almost impossible to hate now. They are the biggest joke in sports right now.
Terribly uninformed posts. I have nothing but optimism with the manner in which the Raiders are rebuilding. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Terribly uninformed posts. I have nothing but optimism with the manner in which the Raiders are rebuilding. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
11-37 in the last three seasons, and the word is that most free agents want no part of the Raiders. The fact that Trent Richardson is your biggest signing after a week of free agency says it all.

I'm going by the assumption that the Raiders gave him little guaranteed money and can cut him if he doesn't work out. $2M seems like a lot of pay him but with today's cap it really isn't. If he doesn't make the team then they don't pay him and are out only the guaranteed money.

Reminds me of the Cardinals giving $2.5M to a washed up Mendenhall and I expect it to turn out the same way, but it's hardly a team destroying move. There's also the miracle of a chance that it's actually the right fit for his...talents.

11-37 in the last three seasons, and the word is that most free agents want no part of the Raiders. The fact that Trent Richardson is your biggest signing after a week of free agency says it all.
The fact that you think Trent is our biggest signing proves my point.

Signing free agents is not the way to turn around a team. They are making good decisions (unloading dead weight contracts, making low risk free agent deals) and if they keep doing what they're doing the Raiders will be a tough team in 2016.

The fact that you think Trent is our biggest signing proves my point.
He might be. I hear he weighs about 3 bills.

Signing free agents is not the way to turn around a team.
I generally agree, but when reliable sources say that most free agents want no part of your team, that says a lot about how bad a shape the franchise as a whole is in.
Of course it's in bad shape right now but they were in a massive hole two years ago. They could have either kept digging and overpaying for free agents or do what they did - blow it up and start over from scratch.

If Richardson doesn't look like he's lost 30 lbs in OTAs, he's toast. Dude was slow a eff for the Colts! I got to watch him first hand. Yuck!

Signing free agents is not the way to turn around a team.
I generally agree, but when reliable sources say that most free agents want no part of your team, that says a lot about how bad a shape the franchise as a whole is in.
Of course it's in bad shape right now but they were in a massive hole two years ago. They could have either kept digging and overpaying for free agents or do what they did - blow it up and start over from scratch.
ok

don't you have to have a construction to deconstruct something?

that's like blowing up a hole

you don't normally hear about anybody blowing up a 2 win team

Kool-Aid Larry said:
don't you have to have a construction to deconstruct something?

that's like blowing up a hole

you don't normally hear about anybody blowing up a 2 win team
Fair enough but do you think it's easy rebuilding a team that Al Davis built?

Take a look at this team and tell me where you start with that trash. As bad as that roster was it was also $34M over the cap. That's what McKenzie was handed.

Another thing to consider - next year both Peyton and Rivers could be out of the division and Charles will be 30.

The Raiders are going to suck again this year, but watch out in 2016.

Dutch Kincade said:
Zyphros said:
Numbers don't lie. One of the worst RBs ever man.

Dutch Kincade said:
Zyphros said:
Yeah, he has been thus far, but that doesn't mean he can't change.

As noted, RBs like T Jones, Lynch dissappointed early, then revived their career later (after changing teams). Another example would be J. Bettis. He had a good rookie year, then sucked in years 2 & 3 (3.3 YPC in his 2nd & 3rd years). He went to Pittsburgh, and had 6 very good years, than hung around for 4 more to get to #6 on the all-time rushing list.

Being one of the worst RBs ever for your 1st few years isn't good, but It can (and has) been overcome.

If Richardson is free (WW pickup), it can't hurt to give him a shot, depending on who you'd have to drop for him.

Dutch Kincade said:
Zyphros said:
Personally I'm excited he went to the Raiders. Behind that O-line, he has a real chance of making a late-career surge past Curtis Enis and Willard Harrell.

(I've seen this chart dozens of times, yet every time I'm awed anew by just how bad both Michael Haddix and that late-'80s Eagles OL really were.)

Users who are viewing this thread