What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The middle-aged dummies are forming a band called "Blanket"! It's a cover band. (3 Viewers)

“Goodbye to Romance” – All right, not bad. Not bad, Lisa Loeb. Yes, that is her. Yep.

“Wrap It Up” – [grimaces] Is that the Fabulous Thunderbirds? I just think of an 80s thing with a woman walking past and a guy lowering his shades. That’s the thing about the 80s – it just takes everything and makes it a little worse.

“It’s My Life” – When Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale got married, they invited Steve, and he took his wife-then-girlfriend with him, and she stole all the napkins and glasses and stuff that said “Gwen and Gavin” on them so she could sell them on eBay.

“Give Back the Key to My Heart” – I don’t know who does the original of this, but I heard this on one of the many Uncle Tupelo compilations. It’s really good.

“Higher Ground” – [identifies cover within two notes] Man, Flea is such a great bass player. Honestly the only knock on the guy is that he’s been in the RHCP for so many years. They’re true to the spirit of it and made it a little funkier. There’s a ludicrous part at the end, though, that’s so embarrassing. There’s a talkdown, where he gets real serious. [we get to that part and both burst into uproarious laughter]

“In Bloom” – Who is this singing Nirvana? [listens contentedly] There you go! More horns! I liked that a lot. I don’t have anything funny to say. I like when you can see why someone does the cover. I like Vanilla Fudge doing the R&B song, or country guy doing mid-tempo grunge song, getting what’s really cool about the song by playing it their way. Even on those terms, that RHCP song succeeded, by making it a really funky upbeat party song. Just too bad Flea has four other stiffs to drag along.

“Valerie” – I enjoy that. There’s something very professional about it that’s kind of off-putting in a way, but I’d be super-stoked to hear it come on the radio. It’s a fun, summer-y song

“(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” – Honestly just forgot to put this on my list. I can’t believe this is America. There’s like Neu! and CAN and they tried to make rock music that had nothing to do with the blues. Like a modern rock and roll with no influence from American folk or blues. This is like that, with that same motorik drummer, no hook to it at all, stripped it out for parts. It’s genius. They’re better than the Rolling Stones. Like if the original was like “hey, this is rock,” this one is like “this is the end of music.” I love Devo more every year.

“Knives Out” – I’m not that into Radiohead, but I dunno…I really like this. Fine, you may have your jazz music!

“Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” – [prefaced by telling him he can say bad things if he wishes, even though it’s my pick] One of the best voices in the world, and also seemed to get that it was one of the saddest songs Dylan ever wrote, and also one of the few purpose-built songs. I like it as much or probably more than the Dylan version.

“Wrap It Up” – [grimaces] Is that the Fabulous Thunderbirds? I just think of an 80s thing with a woman walking past and a guy lowering his shades. That’s the thing about the 80s – it just takes everything and makes it a little worse.

:lmao:

This was the brief period where Allan Clarke had left the Hollies. Terry Sylvester sings "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress."

When announcing next week's show, Barry Gibb mentioned "Joe Walsh, formerly of The James Gang". You still needed to identify him that way in 1973?

The Bee Gees performed an acoustic Beatles medley: If I Fell -> I Need You -> I'll Be Back -> This Boy -> She Loves You.

This was the brief period where Allan Clarke had left the Hollies. Terry Sylvester sings "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress."

When announcing next week's show, Barry Gibb mentioned "Joe Walsh, formerly of The James Gang". You still needed to identify him that way in 1973?

The Bee Gees performed an acoustic Beatles medley: If I Fell -> I Need You -> I'll Be Back -> This Boy -> She Loves You.

Oh wow, definitely need to see this one.

Wayne Fontana and Gerry Marsden could still sing in 1973. Billy J. Kramer, not so much.

It's Episode 28, originally aired Aug. 10, 1973.

I'd like OH's take the Umphrey's mashup. You know, the one you forgot to put on the playlist? ;)

Ask and ye shall receive:

the Umphrye's McGee mashup - This is silly. We’re grown people. Get a job, hippies. Don’t spend your time on this. Why can’t they just play ukeleles and stuff? Cut lawns in the summer or something.
(Btw, I wanted to sub in the first mashup because I really liked it, but I had to go with what we were given.)

Man on the Silver Mountain – David Lee Roth never took a note off. Eddie Van Halen invented that way of playing guitar and crushed it like no one could do after that. He’s the only one of those stunt guitar players who was expressive and had his playing integrated entirely into the band’s music. And David Lee Roth is the consummate showman, doing backflips and ****. He’s 5’2”, ugly little guy, and awesome.

Did we suspend the thumper rule? Just checking.
Only for OH. This has always been the protocol.

And was prefaced in the posts.

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been limited to OH. For example:

“Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out” – [me, ducking] Did you ever think you might just be an *******? You’re broke and self-pitying, maybe somebody would buy you a drink if you weren’t a ****. [after a while] Is this Randy Newman? [me telling him it's much, much worse] Oh god it’s Eric Clapton. I hate him so much. “or Black” - that’s what Eric Clapton is thinking, Nobody loves you when you’re down or out or Black. Racist *******. When you’re down or out or…Indian. Let's just move on; it’s best for everybody.

That was my song choice. Sure, some of you don't like Eric Clapton. I get it. I have no opinion on him as a person, and I have not followed him as a person outside of his music... obviously, some of you have done so, which is fine. But I like his music. And I am a person who easily separates the person from the music... which I realize some people cannot do for some reason. Regardless, I chose his song here. And IMO it is anti-thumper rule for @krista4 to just rip it the way she did, unless I am missing some kind of inside joke.

Now, it's @krista4's countdown, so ultimately she can do whatever she wants. :shrug:

Last edited:

“Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out” – [me, ducking] Did you ever think you might just be an *******? You’re broke and self-pitying, maybe somebody would buy you a drink if you weren’t a ****. [after a while] Is this Randy Newman? [me telling him it's much, much worse] Oh god it’s Eric Clapton. I hate him so much. “or Black” - that’s what Eric Clapton is thinking, Nobody loves you when you’re down or out or Black. Racist *******. When you’re down or out or…Indian. Let's just move on; it’s best for everybody.

That was my song choice. Sure, some of you don't like Eric Clapton. I get it. I have no opinion on him as a person, and I have not followed him as a person outside of his music... obviously, some of you have done so, which is fine. But I like his music. And I am a person who easily separates the person from the music... which I realize some people cannot do for some reason. Regardless, I chose his song here. And IMO it is anti-thumper rule for @krista4 to just rip it the way she did, unless I am missing some kind of inside joke.

Now, it's @krista4's countdown, so ultimately she can do whatever she wants. :shrug:

Oh goodness. What an edit. I really don't know what to say there. I'm happy to forgo the rest of the countdown since it's become offensive. I kinda thought after umpteen times that people understood OH. But I see that it's hurt your feelings, and I'm genuinely sorry for that.

Neon Lights" – [sings, pew-pew-pew-pew!] I like how even in a song I don’t like, they [narr: Kraftwerk] can suck the humanity out of it, which is kind of the point of them. It's like, what if the Beach Boys were made of hyper-minimalist robots? They took all these love songs and pop songs and made something that had nothing to do with love.
I remember a somewhat positive review of a Kraftwerk album where he said it was like the blood had been drained from the music and replaced with formaldehyde.

Rather than abandon the countdown completely, how about if I just send the raw data to someone else for posting? Warning that it's in terrible formatting since I have to do that manually, and you'll also need to update all the song/cover artist/original artist data as you go along, but you can do it. Post here or PM me!

Oh goodness. What an edit. I really don't know what to say there. I'm happy to forgo the rest of the countdown since it's become offensive. I kinda thought after umpteen times that people understood OH. But I see that it's hurt your feelings, and I'm genuinely sorry for that.
Dont be silly. Keep going. You are doing a great job.
We all need to be better at observing the thumper rule. Its a good rule and keeps the focus on music.
Looking forward to the 22s

Neon Lights" – [sings, pew-pew-pew-pew!] I like how even in a song I don’t like, they [narr: Kraftwerk] can suck the humanity out of it, which is kind of the point of them. It's like, what if the Beach Boys were made of hyper-minimalist robots? They took all these love songs and pop songs and made something that had nothing to do with love.
I remember a somewhat positive review of a Kraftwerk album where he said it was like the blood had been drained from the music and replaced with formaldehyde.
Not to derail the discussion, but Kraftwerk are german.
Their music has a lot of heart and passion. More emotion can be evoked by electronic music than all other types combined, beside the most powerful emotional instrument of them all, the vocal.

"Cum on Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot - [singing along, screaming along] Obviously compared to the Slade version, this song is real stiff, but still an awesome "**** you, mom. Stay out of my room. [fist in the air]" song. Great song for the little dudes. And at 13 years old, you know what "feel the noise" is. It might be a little metalhead's first experience of a poetic rather than literal truth. I remember this video was ludicrous, but there were a lot of little dudes yelling at their parents in videos. It was great. You know the hair metal band you never hear about anymore? White Snake. They were so boring. It's like it you took motorcycles and ****ing and made them boring. 'How about I have listless dispirited sex with a supermodel. Wouldn't that be a drag?' Anyway, Quiet Riot were alright. Girls really should rock their boys. For many reasons, and not just because 'boys' rhymes with "noise'."
Look at me! My band has a moderately okay cover band!

I knew what the songs meant, and Noddy Holder was singing them ten years previous. Oh, yeah. Maybe you should try OH out on the Slade playlist. If there isn't one, I should probably learn how to do that.

There’s a carve-out exception we make so that we might get participation from a particular person because the crankiness is well thought-out and humorous. It’s one of those things like where comedy is best in a comedian’s hands. In this case, it’s criticism and the critic. I hope that makes sense.
The best Siskel and Ebert shows were always the worst of the year ones. Jungle 2 Jungle- why did someone take a bad foreign film and make a way worse version of it?

That isn't Krista. That's OH (aka Oliver Humanzee). Try not to take it personally. He has strong opinions, sometimes like the odor from the city dump. I'm more offended that he thought it might be Randy Newman.

Rather than abandon the countdown completely, how about if I just send the raw data to someone else for posting? Warning that it's in terrible formatting since I have to do that manually, and you'll also need to update all the song/cover artist/original artist data as you go along, but you can do it. Post here or PM me!
Don't do that. Soldier on.

You can't please everyone. Besides, if this stops you'll cause me to feel less good about myself and my musical tastes. ;)

Now, it's @krista4's countdown, so ultimately she can do whatever she wants.
JWB, k4 wasn't saying the anti-thumper stuff, OH was and she was relaying it to us. He is like the R rated version of Oscar the Grouch, and he is spouting it out as entertainment vs trying to offend any of us. I almost took a song by the Eagles, and I know how he feels about them, and I don't care.

Anyway, I'm a fan of some of Clapton's music such as the bands he has been in like Blind Faith, John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers, Cream, Derek and the Dominos, and some of his solo stuff. As a person, though, he is a bad seed. He earned his reputation by being an outspoken racist. His biggest rant that put that badge of bigotry on him was a rant he went on during a 1976 concert. Here is what he said to the crowd, “Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands … So where are you? Well, wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country … I don’t want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white … The black wogs and coons and Arabs and f*cking Jamaicans don’t belong here, we don’t want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don’t want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man … This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for f*ck’s sake? … Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!” The Rock Against Racism movement started after that. EC also threw insults at Jimi Hendrix and his guitar playing, and also said the lure of him and other black artists was their genitalia. There are more examples, but you get the picture. EC has apologized for being a "semi-racist," but it is very hard to believe he is genuinely sorry. He couldn't even admit he was/is a full blown racist.

There is also the crazy Covid and vaccine conspiracy theories he spread, and let's not give a free pass to his partner in crime Van Morrison. They were as thick as thieves and knee deep in that BS.

Anyway, there are a lot of artists out there that aren't decent human beings. Every time a Michael Jackson song comes on the radio, I think of him being a pedophile.

I have to go to the dentist in a couple minutes to get my teeth cleaned, but I just wanted you to understand why some people have strong feelings about EC, and that OH wasn't trying to be mean spirited towards any of us personally, and k4 was just the translator. She warned us that OH doesn't follow the bunny rule.

Last edited:
There is also the crazy Covid and vaccine conspiracy theories he spread, and let's not give a free pass to his partner in crime Van Morrison. They were as thick as thieves and knee deep in that BS.
Yeah unfortunately Van Morrison is my favorite artist and someone who connects to me on a spiritual level. It’s tough for me to also face the fact that I would likely strongly dislike him as a person, would get no joy out of his company and disagree with every other word out of his mouth.

I don't want to forego the countdown. Not at all. And I wouldn't characterize my feelings as being hurt either. I was just reacting to what I perceived to be something different than our norm here.

Please carry on, seriously. In hindsight, I'm truly sorry I brought it up.

(And I didn't know that stuff about Clapton that @simey posted.)

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately Van Morrison is my favorite artist and someone who connects to me on a spiritual level. It’s tough for me to also face the fact that I would likely strongly dislike him as a person, would get no joy out of his company and disagree with every other word out of his mouth.
Substitute Van Morrison for Roger Waters for me, and I have very similar views about his music versus him as a person.

I didn't put together the post last night, for obvious reasons, and it's a busy workday so I won't be able to format. I'm just going to post what I sent to Hawks in advance in order for him to make the playlist. The songs are all there, but the formatting is garbage, and the data on number of appearances will have no relation to what the picks are, so just ignore it. I might go back and clean it up later, but I probably won't.

Ten-Point Selections:

Uruk-Hai:

Smiling Faces Sometimes - The Undisputed Truth (The Temptations)
Song: first vote
Cover artist: first vote
Original artist: two votes - Smiling Faces Sometimes (1); Rare Earth (1)

titusbramble:

I Fought the Law - The Clash (The Crickets)
Song: first and second votes today
Cover artist: two votes - I Fought the Law (2)
Original artist: two votes - I Fought the Law (2)

Pip’s Invitation:

Take Me to the River - Talking Heads (Al Green)
Song: two votes - Talking Heads (2)
Cover artist: two votes - Take Me to the River (2)
Original artist: two votes - Take Me to the River (2)

Dr. Octopus:

Jokerman – Built To Spill (Robert Zimmerman)
Original artist: 17 votes – temporarily deleted

simey:

Broken Hearted People - Robert Forster (Steve Young)
Original artist: first vote

Just Win Baby:

All Along the Watchtower - U2 (Bob Dylan)
Song: three votes - U2 (1); Bear McCreary (1); Neil Young & Booker T. and the MGs (1)
Original artist: 17 votes – temporarily deleted

Galileo:

Hallelujah - Pentatonix (Leonard Cohen)
Cover artist: two votes - Hallelujah (1); Radioactive (1)

Don Quixote:

Le Temps de l’Amour - Françoise Hardy ( José Salcy and Ses Jam)
Original artist: first vote each

simsarge:

Yeh Yeh - Diana Krall, Georgie Fame (Georgie Fame)
Cover artist: first vote each

Charlie Steiner:

I'm a Man - Chicago (Spencer Davis Group)
Cover artist: two votes - I'm a Man (2)
Original artist: two votes - I'm a Man (2)

JMLs secret identity:

The Name of the Game - Nina Persson and Pernilla Andersson (Abba) NOT ON PLAYLIST
Cover artist: first vote each
Original artist: nine votes – The Name of the Game (1); Ring Ring (1); Rock Me (1); Does Your Mother Know (1); Angel Eyes (1); Our Last Summer (1); When All Is Said and Done (1); Waterloo (1); Voulez Vous (1)

zamboni:

Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon - Urge Overkill (Neil Diamond)
Cover artist: two votes – Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon (2)
Original artist: three votes - Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon (2); You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Lies - Muse (Chvrches) NOT ON PLAYLIST
Cover artist: three votes - Feeling Good (2); Lies (1)

Ilov80s:

Make You Feel My Love - Adele (Bob Dylan)
Original artist: 17 votes - temporarily deleted

Eephus:

California Dreamin' - Bobby Womack (The Mamas & The Papas)

The Dreaded Marco:

Lemonworld - Bartees Strange (The National)

New Binky the Doormat:

Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon - Urge Overkill (Neil Diamond)
Cover artist: two votes – Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon (2)
Original artist: three votes - Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon (2); You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1)

Andy Dufresne:

Come Talk to Me - Bon Iver (Peter Gabriel)
Original artist: three votes – Come Talk to Me (1); Mercy Street (1); Games without Frontiers (1)

Hawks64:

Melissa - Dave Matthews Band (The Allman Brothers Band)
Cover artist: six votes – Melissa (1); Super Freak (1); Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (1); Burning Down the House (1); Kashmir (1); In My Life (1)

rockaction:

Needles and Pins – The Ramones (Jackie DeShannon)
Cover artist: two votes - Needles and Pins (1); California Sun (1)

Scoresman:

Lean on Me - Club Nouveau (Bill Withers)

Raging weasel:

Dream On - Dio (Aerosmith)
Original artist: two votes – Dream On (1); Walk This Way (1)

scorchy:

There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - Dum Dum Girls (The Smiths)
Original artist: two votes – There Is a Light That Never Goes Out (1); Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want (1)

Mrs. Rannous:

Carmelita - Linda Ronstadt (Murray McLauchlan)
Cover artist: six votes – You’re No Good (4); Carmelita (1); Willin’ (1)

Mt. Man:

I Fought the Law - The Clash (The Crickets)
Cover artist: two votes - I Fought the Law (2)
Original artist: two votes - I Fought the Law (2)

Mister CIA:

Dust My Broom - Elmore James (Robert Johnson)

Val Rannous:

Hurt - Johnny Cash (Nine Inch Nails)
Cover artist: two votes - Hurt (1); Rowboat (1)

landrys hat:

No Diggity - T Bird and the Breaks (Blackstreet)

shuke:

Keep On Growing - Tedeschi Trucks (Derek and the Dominos)

Doug B:

Alone Again Or - The Damned (Love)
Original artist: three votes – Alone Again Or (1); She Comes in Colors (1); A House Is Not a Motel (1)

DrIanMalcolm:

Georgia on My Mind - Ray Charles (Hoagy Carmichael)
Song: two votes (Ray Charles)
Cover artist: two votes – Georgia on My Mind (2)
Original artist: two votes – Georgia on My Mind (2)

Chaos34:

Airbag - Easy Star (Radiohead)
Original artist: four votes – Knives Out (2); Airbag (1); Let Down (1)

higgins:

Crazy - Shawn Colvin (Gnarls Barkley)

Oliver Humanzee:

Street Fighting Man - Archers of Loaf (Rolling Stones)
Original artist: two votes - Street Fighting Man (1); Dead Flowers (1)

krista4:

I'm a Man - Chicago (Spencer Davis Group)
Cover artist: two votes - I'm a Man (2)
Original artist: two votes - I'm a Man (2)

Last edited:
rockaction:

22. Needles and Pins – The Ramones (The Searchers)
:thumbup: this selection @rockaction , but original is by Jackie DeShannon.

At one point, I posted something in here about a song I had in my MAD lists that I did not realize was a cover until was thinking about my list, as had another version in consideration. It was The Searchers version that I was talking about (their version appeared in my last five out for UK, IIRC).

Last edited:
Uruk-Hai:

22 Smiling Faces Sometimes Undisputed Truth Temptations The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes - YouTube

Motown pitted their artists against each other all the time. The Temptations - probably Motown's greatest act - cut a dud (relatively speaking), so Berry Gordy had the pretty-anonymous Undisputed Truth give it a shot and they made a smash hit out of it. Go figure...........

Uruk-Hai:

22 Smiling Faces Sometimes Undisputed Truth Temptations The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes - YouTube

Motown pitted their artists against each other all the time. The Temptations - probably Motown's greatest act - cut a dud (relatively speaking), so Berry Gordy had the pretty-anonymous Undisputed Truth give it a shot and they made a smash hit out of it. Go figure...........
The Undisputed Truth was basically a vehicle for Norman Whitfield to try out his "experimental" ideas before he refined them for acts like the Tempts. This is the one case where The Undisputed Truth version was the biggest hit. And deservedly so.

Covers from #22 that I know and like and haven't mentioned before:

Smiling Faces Sometimes -- Undisputed Truth (Temptations) -- Their albums are totally worth checking out. Some pretty wild stuff on them, including a cover I really like of another song that has already been mentioned in this thread.
I Fought The Law - The Clash (The Crickets) x2 -- I knew this was a cover, but I didn't know that The Bobby Fuller Four version was also a cover, or that The Crickets recorded songs written by members other than Buddy Holly.
All Along The Watchtower -- U2 (Bob Dylan cover) -- And here we are with another version of the song that everyone and their uncle has covered in the last 55 years. The punchy, crunchy arrangement works well. Bono's additional lyrics, less so.
I'm a Man -- Chicago (Spencer Davis Group) x2 -- If you paid attention to my Chicago posts in the MAD 1 countdown (Narrator: They didn't.), then you know how much I love this version.
Hurt - Johnny Cash (Nine Inch Nails) -- The very definition of anguish.
Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - Urge Overkill (Neil Diamond) x2 -- I found UO kind of smarmy, as did their contemporaries (they were famously hated by almost everyone in the "alternative rock" scene), but that made them a good fit for this song.
Make You Feel My Love -- Adele (Bob Dylan). When the Time Out of Mind album came out and I got to this song, my reaction was "this would be a huge hit if performed by someone who could actually sing." And it happened twice, first with Garth Brooks in the country world and then with Adele in the pop world.
'Alone Again Or' -- The Damned (Love). My love for Love has been well-documented on this board (not that any of you read my posts), and this cover burns as brightly as the original.

Last edited:
Pip’s Invitation:

Take Me to the River -- Talking Heads (Al Green cover)

Talking Heads' first album sounded like an entirely different thing from whatever else was out there, not only in the mainstream but also in the burgeoning punk/alternative scene. One commonality of the tracks on the debut was the skittishness of David Byrne's vocal persona and the herky-jerkyness of the arrangements. So the last thing you would have expected them to do on their second album was cover a song by one of the smoothest soul singers that ever existed. But they did, and succeeded wildly. Byrne's vocal tics complement the emotion of the song extremely well, and his "straight" singing is compelling without trying to out-Green Green, which no one could do. The organ-driven arrangement suggests the slinkiness of Green's version while keeping the quirks that made the Heads such a distinctive band. No wonder this was their most successful single to that point. In retrospect, it's the waystation between Psycho Killer and the raging Afrobeat of Remain in Light.

Wiki tells me that Green's original version was not released as a single, which :eek:

At #21, a great performance from a terrible movie.

These get my perfect 10's:

😊 Faces - The Undisputed Truth
Take Me To The River - Talking Heads
The Name Of The Game - Nina Persson and Pernilla Anderson
Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - Urge Overkill
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - Dum Dum Girls
Dust My 🧹 - Elmore James
No Diggity - T Bird And The Breaks
Alone Again Or - The Damned
Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles

Just barely keeping up

The 9 pointers

Known and liked covers

Cum on feel the Noize
Nobody knows you when you're down and Out
Blinded by the Light
You Keep me hanging On( spoiler alert- should've been on my playlist)
Turn the Page
Higher Ground
Valerie
Satisfaction

Liked covers of known songs

Private Life
Ramble On
Goodbye to Romance
In Bloom
Man on the Silver Mountain ( pretty sure I like it,sound quality is bad but the vocals are strong)

New to me likes

Something Else
You've got the Love
Ring Ring
There's gonna be a Showdown

Substitute Van Morrison for Roger Waters for me, and I have very similar views about his music versus him as a person.
I agree 100% regarding Roger Waters. I'm a fan of Pink Floyd's music, but very much dislike Waters the person.

My teeth are clean and shiny after the dental visit :brush:, but I have to go back tomorrow morning and get a tooth rebonded. Back in the early 80s, the tooth beside my right front big tooth got chipped when I got hit in the mouth by a softball during a high school PE class. I got it bonded, and it's been on there all these years, but Sunday I bit into a yogurt covered pretzel (which wasn't hard) and the bond broke off. It was already in a weak state prior to it breaking off according to the hygienist looking back in the notes of the last visit. I hope the dentist doesn't screw up the bond. He is charging me $260 to do it. Highway robbery!

Users who are viewing this thread