What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Masters - A Tradition Unlike Any Other (4 Viewers)

• Scottie Scheffler -115
  • Collin Morikawa +375
  • Max Homa +750
  • Ludvig Aberg +900
  • Bryson DeChambeau +2200
  • Xander Schauffele +3500
  • Cameron Smith +11000
  • Nicolai Hojgaard +12500
Saw Scheffler at +135 at some point this afternoon when Aberg and Homa were doing well and had to hit that.

I've lived in South Carolina for almost 20 years now. You'd think I'd know a thing or two about golf by now...

I just scanned the 60 players left in the final round, and I recognize a whopping 3 names.

Was really hoping for some drama when 3 were tied at -6 but that didn't last long and it was over way too soon. Aberg is impressive, had a chance if not for the errant second shot on 11.
Scottie is in another league

I mean, remember when everyone was saying imagine how unbeatable Scottie will be if he figures out the putting? Well, here we are.

His last four events are
Win
Win
Runner Up
Win

With two of those being the Players and the Masters.

Last edited:
I mean, remember when everyone was saying imagine how unbeatable Scottie will be if he figures out the putting? Well, here we are.

His last four events are
Win
Win
Runner Up
Win

With two of those being the Players and the Masters.
And he really hasn't figured it out

He now putting like an average PGA player

PGA Tournament golf is boring. There is nobody on that tour that is compelling. Just a bunch of boring people. And now with LIV its worse.

This may have been the worst, most boring major ever.

It's tough with liv. They took most of the personality types.

The firery euro pros like Rory are washed up too. He maybe grabs one more late British, but he's done. There isn't another in the pipes either really and thats gotta be the first time in ages.

PGA Tournament golf is boring. There is nobody on that tour that is compelling. Just a bunch of boring people. And now with LIV its worse.

It's tough with liv. They took most of the personality types.

The firery euro pros like Rory are washed up too. He maybe grabs one more late British, but he's done. There isn't another in the pipes either really and thats gotta be the first time in ages.
Aberg and Rahm down?

Disc Golf Pro Tour is where you need to be. ;)

A guy who was an amateur a year ago is starting out on a heater and just finished 2nd in the masters. Scottie is playing on par with peak Tiger and is arguably a better ball striker. Max Homa is a super fun guy to root for. Zalatoris is fiery and is looking like he's almost back from the back injury. Viktor will get your wife nice and revved up for night night time if you can get her to look at the TV at the right time. Rory hits the ball 400yds and is desperately trying to win another major while being in contention in most of them. Morikawa, Spieth, JT, Theegala are all fun to root for.

Then you add the Liv guys at events like these with Bryson with his funky swing and approach to the game who is active on youtube riding around with Paige Spiranic's chest hanging out.

I guess some people just want to watch Tyrrell Hatton yell at nobody for the 189th straight hole as a part of the world's worst schtick that got tired like 2 years ago, but for the rest of us it's pretty compelling.

I've lived in South Carolina for almost 20 years now. You'd think I'd know a thing or two about golf by now...

I just scanned the 60 players left in the final round, and I recognize a whopping 3 names.
3 names? 3?

GTFO. Tiger, Mickelson, Rory - is that extent of your golf name knowledge?

I felt it was a boring final 2 hours, or, so, but only because nobody could make any kind of charge. The crowd was quiet, no roars from the 13th or 15th because nobody was making eagles. There were not even many birdies. I know 13 and 15 played longer and there seemed like few going for it in 2. It was a walk in the park for Scottie. Max was super unlucky on 12 and I felt like he was the guy who maybe would pressure Scheffler but was done after that double. Prior to that he had a few near misses and looked really calm. SS is not going to falter with a lead like that, especially when nobody is putting any pressure on him.

A guy who was an amateur a year ago is starting out on a heater and just finished 2nd in the masters. Scottie is playing on par with peak Tiger and is arguably a better ball striker. Max Homa is a super fun guy to root for. Zalatoris is fiery and is looking like he's almost back from the back injury. Viktor will get your wife nice and revved up for night night time if you can get her to look at the TV at the right time. Rory hits the ball 400yds and is desperately trying to win another major while being in contention in most of them. Morikawa, Spieth, JT, Theegala are all fun to root for.

Then you add the Liv guys at events like these with Bryson with his funky swing and approach to the game who is active on youtube riding around with Paige Spiranic's chest hanging out.

I guess some people just want to watch Tyrrell Hatton yell at nobody for the 189th straight hole as a part of the world's worst schtick that got tired like 2 years ago, but for the rest of us it's pretty compelling.
Don't get me wrong. I love golf and watching the majors for sure. I know they are good golfers and all and are all talented and all of that. But man this tournament was just flat out boring.

It's like the whole LIV thing sucked all the soul out of golf. It's like watching college football now. Everybody is so gawdang greedy that they suck the very life out of what they are trying to provide for entertainment.

I felt it was a boring final 2 hours, or, so, but only because nobody could make any kind of charge. The crowd was quiet, no roars from the 13th or 15th because nobody was making eagles. There were not even many birdies. I know 13 and 15 played longer and there seemed like few going for it in 2. It was a walk in the park for Scottie. Max was super unlucky on 12 and I felt like he was the guy who maybe would pressure Scheffler but was done after that double. Prior to that he had a few near misses and looked really calm. SS is not going to falter with a lead like that, especially when nobody is putting any pressure on him.

Yeah it was boring by the 13th because it was over, but the few holes leading up to that were pretty exciting with Scotty nearly holing out twice from the fairway while the guys around him hit balls into the water/bushes in quick succession. Had that happened on the 17th hole it would have been considered an amazing ending. It just happened a few holes early.

Not too exciting when they are hitting their drives 300+ yards down the middle. A little excitement when a few go off line.

3 names? 3?

Actually, Tiger, Mickelson, and Singh. Don't know Rory.
OK so you don't actually know anything about golf.

3 names? 3?

Actually, Tiger, Mickelson, and Singh. Don't know Rory.
OK so you don't actually know anything about golf.
Most of my knowledge regarding golf comes from this.

Users who are viewing this thread