What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The League (1 Viewer)

eaglezzz

Ok so I am a huge fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and I was just recommended to check out The League show and it is great.

I grabbed the fist season on Itunes for $7.99 for 6 episodes and it is great. On to season 2 now. Just wondering if anyone else is watching this show? It is crazy how a TV show about Fantasy Football can seem so real and hilarious at the same time.

Taco is great and all but I think Andre is the best by far.

Seen every episode to date. It's one of my favorites but they play up Taco a bit too much in the second season and try to force a song by him into every episode, funny or not. Ruxin and Andre make the show for me.

Yeah I agree Ruxin and Taco are great. Are there still new episodes being aired or is season 2 over now?

I love The League. It's "can't miss" status TV for me, and I am not a huge current TV show watcher (Modern Family notwithstanding!).

Season 2 is still in progress to answer another post.

Check it out!

Def my favorite show funny as hell what about the episode where he blinfolded his lady he was bout to screw then pulled out his laptop because he had a trade offer Lmao! I also like to watch Blue Mountain State on spike! comedy about college football

Season two is much better than season one was, I'm enjoying it. Piggybacks nicely after Always Sunny.

SHAFT SHAVER

I love The League. It's "can't miss" status TV for me, and I am not a huge current TV show watcher (Modern Family notwithstanding!).Season 2 is still in progress to answer another post.Check it out!
:shrug: I love how they try to match the week with the Fantasy stud - even if they are only correct 50% of the time. Hilarious line of last week "Your team name is "Taco is my password"

This is the funniest show on TV this season, IMHO. Season 2, is much better than season 1, and who cares if some of the FF talk is complete BS, the show is awesome. Fear Boner, Ghost Monkey, and last weeks episode are a laugh riot. Do yourselves a favor and watch. Even my wife likes watching this show because it is so outrageous and hilarious.

Taco and Andre artistic moment last episode good.

It's like a beer ad because they're a bunch of fugly dorks but yet they pull hot women. Ridiculous but fun to watch none-the-less.
You must still be in your teens or 20s because this is what really happens in your 30s. All the hot girls realize the "fugly dorks" make the most money and are better in bed.

Love the show! The first season was ok...I guess only 6 episodes was a bumber...but the second season has been much better! It is really can't miss TV for me now!

It's like a beer ad because they're a bunch of fugly dorks but yet they pull hot women. Ridiculous but fun to watch none-the-less.
You must still be in your teens or 20s because this is what really happens in your 30s. All the hot girls realize the "fugly dorks" make the most money and are better in bed.
You must be stuck in a midlife crisis and you have an active imagination.

Excellent show. Heard Steve Rannazzisi on Joe Rogan's podcast, and he said they wing it "Curb Your Enth" style. Some of the same producers from Curb work on the show.

This show is amazing! It's by far the most underrated show on television right now. All of the characters are great and the dialogue never gets old. I've seen every episode from season 1 and 2 multiple times and crack up laughing even when I know what's coming. They don't really focus on fantasy football too much but this doesn't devalue the show in the least.

My favorite character was Rafi. He was quote-tastic. I hope he makes a return at some point. My friends and I say "crap the booze out and have a mint" to each other all the time. Ruxin is hilarious as well. The "Ghost Monkey" episode when he freaks out over Pierre Thomas is priceless. And no one can impersonate the facial expressions that Kevin makes. The League is a must see.

This show is amazing! It's by far the most underrated show on television right now. All of the characters are great and the dialogue never gets old. I've seen every episode from season 1 and 2 multiple times and crack up laughing even when I know what's coming. They don't really focus on fantasy football too much but this doesn't devalue the show in the least.My favorite character was Rafi. He was quote-tastic. I hope he makes a return at some point. My friends and I say "crap the booze out and have a mint" to each other all the time. Ruxin is hilarious as well. The "Ghost Monkey" episode when he freaks out over Pierre Thomas is priceless. And no one can impersonate the facial expressions that Kevin makes. The League is a must see.
Yes.....Rafi was crazy. "**** punch!"

My favorite character was Rafi. He was quote-tastic. I hope he makes a return at some point. My friends and I say "crap the booze out and have a mint" to each other all the time. Ruxin is hilarious as well. The "Ghost Monkey" episode when he freaks out over Pierre Thomas is priceless. And no one can impersonate the facial expressions that Kevin makes. The League is a must see.
Absolutely. Didn't like him at first, but man did have some great lines.

I swear there was a pilot episode that I saw before the first season, and I can't find it anywhere online. Or maybe it was test footage, I don't remember where I saw it. It was either Pete or Kevin in a business office setting, going around to coworkers and trying to get them to join his fantasy league. Very different than dynamic of the actual show, with the group of friends already having a history together.

It's also possible that the video I saw was something else entirely, and it coincided with the announcement of the show - so at the time I thought they were connected.

This show could have ran more seasons or even come back with their kids helping them manage their teams. I loved this show.

Fun fact since that show stopped playing I learned.

Jenny and Pete are married in real life and Kevin lied about 9/11 where he was for some reason.

I need to do a rewatch, it was great the first time around but I suspect I will enjoy it even more the second time because of the nostalgia effect.

Our league was at its peak when the show was on, before everyone was saddled with wives and kids and more important things than fantasy football. We were the same age as the characters and still lived pretty debauchery filled lives. And hearing all the players and drama of that era will be a trip down memory lane.

I forget a lot of the shtick but Taco's Eskimo Brother Database was :lol:

I need to do a rewatch, it was great the first time around but I suspect I will enjoy it even more the second time because of the nostalgia effect.

Our league was at its peak when the show was on, before everyone was saddled with wives and kids and more important things than fantasy football. We were the same age as the characters and still lived pretty debauchery filled lives. And hearing all the players and drama of that era will be a trip down memory lane.

I forget a lot of the shtick but Taco's Eskimo Brother Database was :lol:
Don't forget about the EBDBB&B

Crazy as a fantasy football nerd I haven't watched this. Crazier that with 6 streaming services i still can't. Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread