What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

the laughter is back! - Please Be Cool And We'll See How It Goes (1 Viewer)

Sometimes you just gotta laugh to keep from crying.

I wonder if the person responsible for its earlier demise will go back to his old tricks. I choose to remain optimistic that he will have learned his lesson and will start contributing thoughtful, nuanced discussion to this forum.

(If you don't share my optimism, feel free to respond with a laughing emoji.) 

Hi Folks,

We're going to give it another try with the laughing emoji as one of the response choices. 

The big thing here is we want to use it for laughing WITH people.

Never to laugh AT people. 

It had been abused enough we finally removed it a while back.

I'm willing to give it a try again and see if people can be more cool this time.

Please let's try to make this work. 

Thanks.

Sometimes you just gotta laugh to keep from crying.

I wonder if the person responsible for its earlier demise will go back to his old tricks. I choose to remain optimistic that he will have learned his lesson and will start contributing thoughtful, nuanced discussion to this forum.

(If you don't share my optimism, feel free to respond with a laughing emoji.) 

It was a lot of people. On both sides of the spectrum. 

In that case, I hope they all start contributing thoughtful posts. I like having that emoji as an option, but if that's the sum total of your contributions here, maybe you should rethink your life choices.

Hi Folks,

We're going to give it another try with the laughing emoji as one of the response choices. 

I'm willing to give it a try again and see if people can be more cool this time.

Thanks.
Thanks for listening Joe!

Interestingly, yesterday was the 60th anniversary of a game wherein the Philadelphia Warriors defeated the Knicks 169-147. That’s a total of 316 points scored in that game. Obviously, to get that many points took contributions from many players on both teams. But, really, we all know it as the Wilt Chamberlain 100 points game.

We also all really know who the Wilt Chamberlain of using the laughing emoji to troll posters is. Here’s hoping he (and yes, everyone else including me, too) has learned to use his words.

I'm confident we can all operate as adults here with no future banning of said emoticon necessary. 

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

Thanks.

And for sure, you're welcome to hit the laughing emoji response on that post. ;)

Joe Bryant said:
And for sure, you're welcome to hit the laughing emoji response on that post. ;)
I just reported everyone who responded to a post in this thread with an emoji other than the laugh. Was that wrong?

Can we now get an emoji for laughing at someone?  I want to hold the record for something around here and I feel like that's something I am good at.

:ptts:

or

This

Would work

And you even get a green border around your post that matches the color of your avatar.   How did you become so awesome?

Just curious: when the laughing emoji was eliminated, what happened to all of those likes? Were they converted to regular likes, or were they just deleted? And have they been restored?

Just curious: when the laughing emoji was eliminated, what happened to all of those likes? Were they converted to regular likes, or were they just deleted? And have they been restored?

I think they just went away. I don't have any idea if any of the responses are tallied or kept up with for emojies. I'd assume not. 

Users who are viewing this thread