What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Huh. Has he ever made a movie that didn't just suck out loud? I really don't know too much about him other than he's famous but his movies have always looked awful to me. And I quit watching wrestling when I was 9 or 10 so I don't know him from that.

No, he hasn't to my knowledge.

I quit wrestling at about the same age, so you've got me there, too.

Huh. Has he ever made a movie that didn't just suck out loud? I really don't know too much about him other than he's famous but his movies have always looked awful to me. And I quit watching wrestling when I was 9 or 10 so I don't know him from that.

I grew up in Dallas watching the Von Erichs vs the Freebirds, Kamala the Ugandan Giant, Ice Man King Parsons, Bruiser Brody, Missing Link.....loved it. Saturday nights, Sunday mornings, wrestling was the t!ts! My grandfather even got into it and took me to a couple matches, which was awesome. It was all I could think about, becoming a wrestler was my dream.

Then one day, by dad presented me with the Dallas Morning News, turned to the sports section and an article that was written about professional wrestling. The article was written by a guy who went to matches with a professional stuntman who proceeded to break down all the ways wrestling was fake. It broke my heart. I quit watching it then and there.

To this day, I'm not sure how I feel about what my dad did. On the one hand, I would have figured it out and probably even knew back then it was fake, but didn't want to believe it. So I guess he was trying to do me a favor. On the other hand, it really upset me. Like, why ruin my fun, you know? It's his birthday this week and I'm cooking for him. I might add some laxatives to his cake.

I grew up in Dallas watching the Von Erichs vs the Freebirds, Kamala the Ugandan Giant, Ice Man King Parsons, Bruiser Brody, Missing Link.....loved it. Saturday nights, Sunday mornings, wrestling was the t!ts! My grandfather even got into it and took me to a couple matches, which was awesome. It was all I could think about, becoming a wrestler was my dream.

Then one day, by dad presented me with the Dallas Morning News, turned to the sports section and an article that was written about professional wrestling. The article was written by a guy who went to matches with a professional stuntman who proceeded to break down all the ways wrestling was fake. It broke my heart. I quit watching it then and there.

To this day, I'm not sure how I feel about what my dad did. On the one hand, I would have figured it out and probably even knew back then it was fake, but didn't want to believe it. So I guess he was trying to do me a favor. On the other hand, it really upset me. Like, why ruin my fun, you know? It's his birthday this week and I'm cooking for him. I might add some laxatives to his cake.
You forgot Flying Red Bastien! ... and Blackjack Mulligan.

Last edited:

You forgot Flying Red Bastein! ... and Blackjack Mulligan.

How old do you think I am????

I remember Kamala entering the Dallas Sportatorium for a match, complete with his 'handler' Friday and the tribal music pumping in. Some dude in the crowd rushed Kamala in the aisle and he body slammed him. I think I shrieked a little. :bag:

I'm smiling as I read this. Great story, even if it was painful for you.

I don't know how I would have broken it to you if I thought I had to break it to you. Perhaps it's a generational thing. Perhaps he didn't want his son following that fool stuff and had to disabuse him of any notions of grandeur he held the wrestlers in. Perhaps it was out of love and he thought you needed to know.

Fathers and sons are crazy. I hope you enjoy the time with him this week, GM. Those moments are precious. I had a father health scare earlier in the year and I appreciate the moments more now.

Upon reading these latest posts, my immediate thought was that I’ve enjoyed plenty of movies with The Rock. I planned to list them here and went to IMDB to refresh my recollection.

Central Intelligence

That’s pretty much it. Man, he really has made a lot of bad movies.

I think there was a documentary about them too, right? I'm more of a documentary guy than a movie about the same subject matter.

I remember the Von Erichs. My brother used to get wrestling magazines and they were all over them. NWA, right? Or AWA? One of those two.

I remember Kamala entering the Dallas Sportatorium for a match, complete with his 'handler' Friday and the tribal music pumping in. Some dude in the crowd rushed Kamala in the aisle and he body slammed him. I think I shrieked a little. :bag:
I swear I'm not making this up, but I have a vague recollection of our gb TANAC (aka Nails, aka Felter) posting pics of he and his 8-month pregnant wife going to a Halloween party with him dressed as Kim Chee (the manager) and her dressed as Kamala, complete with the grass skirt and half-moon painted on her distended belly.

I'll never not laugh at the thought of Michael Hayes calling the Von Erichs a bunch of "horse faced rednecks," because they really did have horse faces. Very tragic story about that family, regardless; that goes without saying.

I swear I'm not making this up, but I have a vague recollection of our gb TANAC (aka Nails, aka Felter) posting pics of he and his 8-month pregnant wife going to a Halloween party with him dressed as Kim Chee (the manager) and her dressed as Kamala, complete with the grass skirt and half-moon painted on her distended belly.

I can vouch. This isn't made up. That was amazing!

Early years pro wrestling and the Rock?

Seems relevant. Carry on, everyone.

I'm sorry, should we just talk more about Celtics basketball and how none of us understand the difficulties of officiating junior high sports?
1. Yes, always, guy.
B. It's college football and HS basketball, sport.
Finally, I don't know that the Taylor Swift thread is the best place, dude.

Early years pro wrestling and the Rock?

Seems relevant. Carry on, everyone.

I'm sorry, should we just talk more about Celtics basketball and how none of us understand the difficulties of officiating junior high sports?
1. Yes, always, guy.
B. It's college football and HS basketball, sport.
Finally, I don't know that the Taylor Swift thread is the best place, dude.

Well, here's the thing, whistle....you don't get to decide. Don't like it, the door is over there.

I once administered Terry Gordy's "Oriental Spike" (don't cancel me) on my sister for telling on me or some such and, uh, I got in a LOT of trouble for it. Maybe that's when my dad made the decision to tell me it was all a sham. :bag:

I once administered Terry Gordy's "Oriental Spike" (don't cancel me) on my sister for telling on me or some such and, uh, I got in a LOT of trouble for it. Maybe that's when my dad made the decision to tell me it was all a sham. :bag:
I used to put my younger brother in the Figure Four Leg Lock until he tapped out.

Also, my brother has cerebral palsy and had multiple surgeries as a kid to help him walk…

ETA: I feel like I need to make it clear that the surgeries were not because of the figure 4 leg locks.

Last edited:
I used to put my younger brother in the Figure Four Leg Lock until he tapped out.

Also, my brother has cerebral palsy and had multiple surgeries as a kid to help him walk…
:shock::shock:

Did you repeatedly yell "wooo!" at him while he screamed in pain and tapped out by banging both hands on the floor until his palms were red?

In fourth grade I put a 7th grader in the "Camel Clutch". It must have been pretty impressive to still remember it.

The figure four legit hurts like hell if you put it on someone. That seems obvious, but it really does hurt like a mother.
Some kid paid me $5 in grade school to let him put the figure four on me. At that age and my net worth at the time it was worth it.

I love how some fat old men that were (maybe) lucky enough to find any woman interested in them label Taylor Swift a 6. :lol: If a 5 is average are we really trying to say Taylor is only slightly above average - have any of you seen the average woman out there?
Average is 5.5. I said Taylor was a 6.5 but I agree with offdee's official rating of 7. I had purposely rounded down to rankle the Swifties. I think 7 is at least 1 standard deviation away from 5.5 so she is well above average. On a standard bell curve (this graph may skew left depending upon your city), a 7 is probably around 1 in 6 or 1 in 8. Taylor is good looking but she didn't become a mega-star because of her looks.
I'd argue that's precisely what allows for her mega-star status. How many megastar female performers can you account for that are ugly or even average looking?

I love how some fat old men that were (maybe) lucky enough to find any woman interested in them label Taylor Swift a 6. :lol: If a 5 is average are we really trying to say Taylor is only slightly above average - have any of you seen the average woman out there?
Average is 5.5. I said Taylor was a 6.5 but I agree with offdee's official rating of 7. I had purposely rounded down to rankle the Swifties. I think 7 is at least 1 standard deviation away from 5.5 so she is well above average. On a standard bell curve (this graph may skew left depending upon your city), a 7 is probably around 1 in 6 or 1 in 8. Taylor is good looking but she didn't become a mega-star because of her looks.
I'd argue that's precisely what allows for her mega-star status. How many megastar female performers can you account for that are ugly or even average looking?

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

It wasn't a Halloween party. It was his extended family's annual croquet tournament (where everyone dresses up). But it was, indeed, ****ing amazing.

It wasn't a Halloween party. It was his extended family's annual croquet tournament (where everyone dresses up). But it was, indeed, ****ing amazing.

Man, I miss that guy. I can't even @ him here. :(

Thanks a lot Taylor. :cry:
Sports fans are so irrational in general (guilty as charged on occasion) that many probably will blame her and be serious about it. :lol:

Hopefully just an ankle tweak but it being no contact and his reaction makes you think it’s worse than that.
True. I am not a doctor, so I don't try to diagnosis these things from my couch, but from the sound of it, it could be as bad as an achilles or as mild as an ankle sprain.

Sports fans are so irrational in general (guilty as charged on occasion) that many probably will blame her and be serious about it. :lol:

Hopefully just an ankle tweak but it being no contact and his reaction makes you think it’s worse than that.
True. I am not a doctor, so I don't try to diagnosis these things from my couch, but from the sound of it, it could be as bad as an achilles or as mild as an ankle sprain.

Ran out and has his helmet on!

Ran out and has his helmet on!
A true pro. He shook it off and is back!

Users who are viewing this thread