What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (1 Viewer)

say what you will about Carhartt but i bought a heavy duty zip-up hoodie 30 years ago for working outdoors and i STILL have that thing. it's completely intact, if the color faded a little and it's got some work stains on it but the material has held up all these years. no tears. no defects. nothing. it's insane.
annnnnnd my kid has been wearing it daily ever since this post

Looking for some new summer threads and could use some help, coming up this summer:
- Boys' Old guys' 3-day weekend cruise from FL
- Family vacation in OCMD
- HS Graduation Parties for son
- 10-day family Eurotrip to London / Amsterdam / Reykjavik

Looking for advice on polos / button downs / shorts / shoes / (prescription) sunglasses...
(Wayfarers still ok? Biden may have ruined Aviators for anyone under 80.)

Anybody find anything recently they like? Don't make me go shopping with Kohls cash...

I've become friends with the owner of https://www.ychroma.com/ and I love a bunch of his clothing. It's designed for 50+ year old guys who don't feel inclined to fade off into the distance.

I love the shirt jackets. And the henley's are outstanding. It's not cheap but the quality is exceptional.
$300 for one pair of shorts? "Not cheap" is one way to describe it.
Looks like those increased subscription prices are working out!

Looking for some new summer threads and could use some help, coming up this summer:
- Boys' Old guys' 3-day weekend cruise from FL
- Family vacation in OCMD
- HS Graduation Parties for son
- 10-day family Eurotrip to London / Amsterdam / Reykjavik

Looking for advice on polos / button downs / shorts / shoes / (prescription) sunglasses...
(Wayfarers still ok? Biden may have ruined Aviators for anyone under 80.)

Anybody find anything recently they like? Don't make me go shopping with Kohls cash...

I've become friends with the owner of https://www.ychroma.com/ and I love a bunch of his clothing. It's designed for 50+ year old guys who don't feel inclined to fade off into the distance.

I love the shirt jackets. And the henley's are outstanding. It's not cheap but the quality is exceptional.
$300 for one pair of shorts? "Not cheap" is one way to describe it.
Looks like those increased subscription prices are working out!

Sorry. But unlike most everything else in the US, we've kept our prices the same for the past couple of years (and also this year) and absorbed the increased costs of doing business without passing to the customer. That can't continue indefinitely of course but we're trying. Also, I know I'm being defensive, but we've worked hard to hold the lines on our prices.

Last edited:
What are we doing for shorts this summer? I need to get a few new pairs and it's one area I'm always unsure of. I want something fairly simple and versatile that I can grab in a couple different colours and be set.

I'm thinking some 5-7" inseam linen types that can pair fairly well with anything, weather it's a plain t-shirt or a button down summer shirt.

Something like this https://ca.frankandoak.com/products/1220149-2kp

What else is out there this year?

What are we doing for shorts this summer? I need to get a few new pairs and it's one area I'm always unsure of. I want something fairly simple and versatile that I can grab in a couple different colours and be set.

I'm thinking some 5-7" inseam linen types that can pair fairly well with anything, weather it's a plain t-shirt or a button down summer shirt.

That’s the correct :style: and length, but I’d avoid linen as it wrinkles instantly anytime you move and looks like garbage. Just find some simple cotton shorts like that

That’s the correct :style: and length, but I’d avoid linen as it wrinkles instantly anytime you move and looks like garbage. Just find some simple cotton shorts like that
I notice that a lot of them are now marketed as linen blend. Same issue or is that the companies trying to correct the wrinkle issue?

I notice that a lot of them are now marketed as linen blend. Same issue or is that the companies trying to correct the wrinkle issue?
Not sure about that. Can always give it a try and return if not happy. Personally for me, linen is too thin of a material for shorts. I like a little more structure with cotton.

Sitting there in your tight jorts and red Nebraska Cornhusker logo'd crocs and wondering if it's a good look?

Ready to slip on your brown boat shoes with your black double breasted suit?

White wife beater with or without the gold neck rope chain?

Questions about style? Fire away and I (and I'm sure many others) will give an opinion on it.
My original thread post above from 2009 (15 yrs ago!). Ironic that teenagers and 20 something’s would probably consider all of that as :style: today. The jorts would just need to be baggy.

Last edited:

i have these Goodfellow shorts from Target in a couple colors for casual summer wear.

fit great. no fuss. cheap.

now, if you're dressing up for a night out on the town with the wife and want to look cool, harken back to @offdee's original post and match up your Cornhuskers jersey with some cargo jorts and the college kids will be complimenting you all night long.

say what you will about Carhartt but i bought a heavy duty zip-up hoodie 30 years ago for working outdoors and i STILL have that thing. it's completely intact, if the color faded a little and it's got some work stains on it but the material has held up all these years. no tears. no defects. nothing. it's insane.
annnnnnd my kid has been wearing it daily ever since this post
I have a GB from "another board" who works for Carhartt. He's gotten me some pretty sweet discounts on a couple of jackets that are simply awesome. One of which is lined/quilted/lightly padded that works great as a "winter coat" for my work trips whenever I have to go somewhere that's quite chilly. Not as bulky as a true winter coat but it gets the job done. Big fan of the brand.

I'd try and get something a little shorter so your boys can breathe

That’s the correct :style: and length, but I’d avoid linen as it wrinkles instantly anytime you move and looks like garbage.
Back in the 1990s, I used to have a few pairs of "linen-look" shorts. They didn't wrinkle up like linen, but the fabric was perceptibly "stiffer" than 100% cotton would be. They definitely weren't 100% linen, but for the life of me I can't recall what they were made of. Almost certainly natural fiber, so probably a cotton blend of some kind.

Summer wardrobe

Work - Levi’s 569s, polos, sketchers

Leisure - cargo shorts, t-shirts, crocs
Will also just wear gym shorts around the house or to the grocery store and I break out my American flag eagle tank top on the 4th

Sitting there in your tight jorts and red Nebraska Cornhusker logo'd crocs and wondering if it's a good look?

Ready to slip on your brown boat shoes with your black double breasted suit?

White wife beater with or without the gold neck rope chain?

Questions about style? Fire away and I (and I'm sure many others) will give an opinion on it.
My original thread post above from 2009 (15 yrs ago!). Ironic that teenagers and 20 something’s would probably consider all of that as :style: today. The jorts would just need to be baggy.

Crocs at the gym seems to be on trend. I'd say at least half the dudes under 30 are wearing them to workout. Not sure why it bothers me but it does 🤦‍♂️

Also sounds like it may be time to break out the Girbuad jean shorts from my high school years.

Summer wardrobe

Work - Levi’s 569s, polos, sketchers

Leisure - cargo shorts, t-shirts, crocs
Will also just wear gym shorts around the house or to the grocery store and I break out my American flag eagle tank top on the 4th
Mmm yeah I'm almost in summer mode 'round here.... although living in SoCal it's pretty much same year-round.

Work - joggers, polo and slip-ons like these bad boys

Work at construction sites - jeans, work-branded polo or button-up and Skecher low-rise work boots

Leisure - "skater" type shorts or cargos (yes, I'm a 50-year-old dad), t-shirt and Rainbow sandals

i have these Goodfellow shorts from Target in a couple colors for casual summer wear.

I didn't realize the drawstring would be acceptably stylish for non-gym/beachwear. Might have to look for some new shorts if those will fly.
yeah, i dunno if it is/isn't only that i like these shorts and they have a drawstring.
Just tuck the drawstring in the waistband after tying it. Your shirt will cover it and nobody will know the difference.

And if you’re tucking shirts into shorts then we have a deeper issue to deal with.

Where are you guys getting your polos? I've been struggling to find ones lately that I like.
Either they're too wide, too short, or too thin and show off my nipples like Jennifer Aniston in the 90's.

I don't really have a go to and buy randomly as they catch my eye. Love the Gucci ones but they're a bit pricey even for the average FBG. If you're a poor person like Furley, Target has a great selection of polos from their various in house brands like Goodfellow. Surprisingly good quality and can be had for $20.

Casual summer shoes, seems like slip ons are pretty popular, plus they're good for lazy people like me... I tend to just wear nice joggers most of the time, I also make a point of walking 10k steps every day, so function plays in to a degree

I'm not sure where we're at on socks these days. I think the low cut are not popular anymore and it's either show a bunch or none at all (no show)?

Where are you guys getting your polos? I've been struggling to find ones lately that I like.
Either they're too wide, too short, or too thin and show off my nipples like Jennifer Aniston in the 90's.

I don't really have a go to and buy randomly as they catch my eye. Love the Gucci ones but they're a bit pricey even for the average FBG. If you're a poor person like Furley, Target has a great selection of polos from their various in house brands like Goodfellow. Surprisingly good quality and can be had for $20.
Target's for the fancy once a year shoppin with maw and paw

we do layaway at the Dollar Tree for everyday shopping

I'm not sure where we're at on socks these days. I think the low cut are not popular anymore and it's either show a bunch or none at all (no show)?
Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going with your ankles.
The TikTok I saw ripping middle aged women to shreds for their ankle socks tells me otherwise but I will take your word.
Yep this is true. For women it’s high socks…especially with workout leggings. The socks should go over the bottom of the leggings.

For guys, the :style: is mid calf. Mid ankle gets you mocked. No show is acceptable but showing your age.

I just can’t get with the mid calf look, so for me I stick with no show.

Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going with your ankles.
The TikTok I saw ripping middle aged women to shreds for their ankle socks tells me otherwise but I will take your word.
Yep this is true. For women it’s high socks…especially with workout leggings. The socks should go over the bottom of the leggings.

For guys, the :style: is mid calf. Mid ankle gets you mocked. No show is acceptable but showing your age.

I just can’t get with the mid calf look, so for me I stick with no show.

Gym style is pretty funny to observe. Definitely have noticed every girl doing the socks over the leggings thing. About a 1/4 of the guys do it with their joggers.

Also noticed girls love wearing baggy shirts but tuck the back in their leggings/biking shorts so everyone can see what they're working with (no complaints here).

Users who are viewing this thread