What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! - 8/15/2013 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

I'm picking #1 in my 12 Team PPR on Sunday, and I'm already dead set on AP #1 overall. Based upon mock drafts and my own projections for my league, I hope to see one of the following available at 2.12:

Ridley, MJD, Bush, Sproles, Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller.

I think those last 2 are safe to be there, but are at the end of my wish list. Would you still be comfortable pairing Murray or Miller with AP, and then taking your top available WR (hopefully one of Julio, Demaryius Thomas, or Cobb, for me.)

Any way you pass on Murray or Miller and double up at WR? The "RB2" available at 4/5 (Mathews, Bradshaw, maybe Ivory) is just so unimpressive that this never seems to work out for me in Mock drafts.

Thanks guys, love the show!!

Hey Sig, Cecil, and Matt!

Which teams (other than NE and Philly) do you expect to attempt to run a hyper-speed offense, with as few seconds as possible ticking off the clock between plays? Maybe St. Louis, Buffalo... any others? I've been trying to identify offense that have a shot at joining the "1,100 offensive snap club."

If these teams are able to emulate the Chip Kelley speed of play, which players in particular do you think might have increased value?

Hey guys love the show. Draft this week standard non ppr FFL

L McCoy vs A Foster who would u pick

Plus since both have long list of injury history in what round would u guys consider handcuffing them thanks

Great show guys.

My question: Where would you honestly draft the radioactive fantasy players that no on wants to touch? I'm talking about guys like

Darren McFadden

Ryan Mathews

Benjarvis Green-Ellis

Jonathan Stewart

Most of the non-footballguys analysis I've seen for those guys-particularly McFadden and Mathews-consists of jokes about injuries, fragility etc. but not much in way of useful analysis. Which isn't to say that some of those jokes aren't funny :)

But given that every player has value at some point, where would you honestly consider drafting any of those guys (pick one or all if you want) where they would be, dare I say, a *value*.

Thanks again, the show rules. And Sig's On The Couch pods are absolute must listens. Spectacular stuff.

How high would you take Shane Vareen in a full point PPR league? Is the early 4th round too soon if you don't think he'll make it back to the end of the 5th? Or is this an example of loving a player too much, which Dodds warned against in his recent Perfect Draft article?

Just sent you guys a message on FB wondering where this was. Feel free to disregard that now.

My league is very heavily biased towards yards (1pt/5yds rushing or receiving, bonus 7pts for over 100 compared to 5pts per touchdown). In that kind of scoring system, who would you push up in your draft sheets, and who would drop? I'm predicting Jamal Charles and Andre Johnson going up, and goal line backs like Shonn Greene going down (even further).

Hey guys! Keep up the great work!

Curious what you think the ceiling and floor are for DeAngelo Williams under 2 scenarios.

1st scenario - J-Stew isnt ready for the start of the season, but returns around week 6-8.

2nd scenario - J-Stew is ready for the start of the season.

Thanks guys!

Talk about risk vs reliability when building your roster through the draft, and finding the right roster balance.

If you find yourself taking risky picks (RG3, Vick, MJD, McFadden, Garcon, Nicks, Gronkowski, etc.) do you -- or should you -- make an effort to take safer picks later to balance your roster? Even if they have lower ceilings than other potentially risky picks who are also available?

Last edited by a moderator:
In a 12 team PPR flex league, if you pick at or near the turn, is a Jimmy Graham and Calvin Johnson start feasible if the opportunity presents itself? Does this put your team too far behind at RB?

Edited to re-frame the question.

Lamar Miller. With all the chatter this week about D. Thomas, and how involved he is going to be, do you still feel comfortable having Miller ranked in the late teens among the RB's? Is this a situation where you should expect the talent (Miller) to win out and lead the way in touches, or should there be legitimate concern about Thomas? If this becomes more of a split backfield, I can't imagine Miller could be productive enough to finish in the mid teens among RB's with 200 - 225 total touches. What are your thoughts... move Miller down, or charge forward with that 3rd/4th adp, around RB17 - 20?

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm picking #1 in my 12 Team PPR on Sunday, and I'm already dead set on AP #1 overall. Based upon mock drafts and my own projections for my league, I hope to see one of the following available at 2.12:

Ridley, MJD, Bush, Sproles, Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller.

I think those last 2 are safe to be there, but are at the end of my wish list. Would you still be comfortable pairing Murray or Miller with AP, and then taking your top available WR (hopefully one of Julio, Demaryius Thomas, or Cobb, for me.)

Any way you pass on Murray or Miller and double up at WR? The "RB2" available at 4/5 (Mathews, Bradshaw, maybe Ivory) is just so unimpressive that this never seems to work out for me in Mock drafts.

Thanks guys, love the show!!
I've got the same exact question. I'm just about to throw up thinking of having Murray as my #2. Miller I am more comfortable with but almost am willing to go WR/WR there instead. It's a difficult spot.

Hey AwesomeAuger....sounds similar to Waldman's upside down theory. Personally I think it is risky....say you pick in the 10 spot of a serpentine draft...if you go Graham and Johnson 1 and 2, your next pick is 34....if ADP holds true you are looking at RBs like MJD, Ryan Mattehws, LeVeon Bell, and Stevan Ridley.

I would rather grab McCoy and Lynch with my first 2 picks and then be looking at guys like Gronk and Randle Cobb with my 3rd and 4th picks.

I have to decide on 5 keepers. Mainly, I have them Ray Rice, TRich, Hamster, AJ Green, and BMarsh. However, I also have Aaron Rodgers. My gut tells me to keep the 1st 5 that I listed, but A-Rod has been my guy. I lucked into the two rooks last year. The other guys I have been keeping since 2010, and 2011.

Some quick hitters if you have time guys....gut feeling on floor and ceiling for these guys.

Lamar Miller

David Wilson

Shane Vereen

IDP Roundtable:

Hey Sigmund, It has been months since last IDP podcast, when will I get my IDP fix from you guys?

With all the great reviews on Daryl Smith (BAL) I am wondering why he has not risen to LB2 ranking (currently ranked as LB74).

Thanks and keep-up the good work!!!

I would love to hear your thoughts on Rob Housler and David Ausberry.

In a year where there will be plenty of bargains at tight end, these guys could be bargains.

Coby Fleener.

Owen Daniels

Ryan Broyles

Which one of these guys do you REALLY think can just become a every week starter at TE or Flex (Broyles) this season.

If any.

MATT....you tore it up on DLF this week.

Going Deep Deep Dyno, what are your thoughts on the following RBs.

Cierre Wood, Theo Riddick, Benny Cunningham, CJ Anderson, Spencer Ware, Michael Cox, Michael Hill, and Michael Ford.

Thank You gentlemen,

Could you guys talk about LaMichael James prospects. Is he a good depth guy to target in later rounds for this year in a keeper league. With the possibility for a bigger role next year.

Thanks guys

In a 12 team non-PPR auction league with a $100 cap, how much would you be comfortable spending on Rob Gronkowski?

Thanks!

1st off fellas congratulations on making the front page of itunes podcast. Third row center under the carousel , impressive . Should be something extra in the envelope for that

-----General question , who is this years overhyped player that you think will live up to the overhype?-----

tip 'o the hat for the opening for On the Couch , trails only John Gruber's Talk Show for podcast opens

Watching the Eagles game. I know it's one preseason game but McCoy looks like he'll be amazing in Chip Kelly's offense. Would you entertain the thought of taking him at 1.2 in a standard league or stick with Martin/Foster at 2nd overall. Thanks guys!

In light of RGIII's comeback from knee surgery, will the Redskins alter their playcalling this season?

Also, should RGIII take out a restraining order against Donovan McNabb or just continue to ignore the former Shanahan QB school dropout?

is the mid 1st pick too high for Jimmy Graham in PPR?

AP and Calvin wont fall. but passing on a Spiller, Charles, TRich, McCoy, Foster is tough.

Any insight on a game plan that starts with the rd. 1 and rd. 2 picks with Graham + 2nd tier WR / 3rd tier RB combo.

When Cecil talks about the Footballguys Chat Room during The Audible, is he talking about these Audible threads?

Or is there an actual chat room?

When Cecil talks about the Footballguys Chat Room during The Audible, is he talking about these Audible threads?

Or is there an actual chat room?
There's an actual chat room. I'll post the link to the live chat in this thread during our next show on Thu 8/22. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread