What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texas Tech/Lubbock TX ? (1 Viewer)

ROCKET

Footballguy
My daughter has an internship this summer for 8 weeks at Texas Tech. She goes to a major university in our home state (NH) now but she is far from worldly as far as travel goes. I read about the community online, says it has a fairly high crime rate so I'm a little worried as most fathers might be.

She's very level headed, party's some but doesn't go over board.

I'm sure she will stick mostly to the campus area but I was wondering if there is any alum here or anyone from the area with any insight?

TIA.

I wouldn't worry about it in the summer. It's a major party school when in session though, maybe the biggest.

TT shouldn't be that dangerous, altho it is noted as having high levels of STD's among students. Be sure to tell her that before she goes.

I'm out here on a short work stint. One of the locals said that there are only two things to do in Lubbock: Drink and screw.

TTU is not dangerous at all. But it is in the country, where the only thing to do is drink and screw as other people have said. Just keep that in mind.

Did she get any other offers for internships? What is so special it would require ending up in Lubbock?

Users who are viewing this thread