What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terry Glenn expected to sign with Dolphins (1 Viewer)

Unwrittenlaw

Footballguy
The Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Terry Glenn is expected to sign with the Dolphins in the next two days.The Dolphins aren't commenting on the report after meeting with Glenn Tuesday, so it's not certain yet. There is no telling how Glenn's knee will hold up, but he will probably work among top three receivers if he's healthy. That's rough news for Derek Hagan, but we doubt Glenn will stay healthy for long. Jul. 29 - 7:55 pm et

Glenn won't start. Ginn is entrenched as a starter, and Wilford was brought in to also start because they wanted a big, move-the-chains guy who is also a good blocker on the field. At best Glenn will surpass Hagan, and that's only if he is / can stay healthy. So, from a fantasy standpoint I'd say Glenn is pretty much a non-factor in Miami unless Ginn gets hurt.

You have to give credit to Glenn. He seemed to really take that "she" comment from Parcells as motivation and clearly has become a favorite of Tuna.

Those that dismiss Glenn here are nuts. Ginn is not ready and Wilford has been so underwhelming his entire career. With Miami falling behind a lot, I see Glenn getting at least garbage time stats. He will become a favorite for McCown, and I don't think 50-75 catches, 700-1000 yds, and 4-5 TD are out of the question for him, assuming he can pass a physical.

Marty Booker finished 56th, 43, and 33rd in Miami before bottoming out at #70 last season in the 1-15 debacle that was your 2007 Miami Dolphins. I'm not saying Glenn is top30, but certainly he can crack the top50, should be a great WR5/6 on your team...and for the many of us that snared him near the end of the draft...should pay off.

Those that dismiss Glenn here are nuts. Ginn is not ready and Wilford has been so underwhelming his entire career. With Miami falling behind a lot, I see Glenn getting at least garbage time stats. He will become a favorite for McCown, and I don't think 50-75 catches, 700-1000 yds, and 4-5 TD are out of the question for him, assuming he can pass a physical.

Marty Booker finished 56th, 43, and 33rd in Miami before bottoming out at #70 last season in the 1-15 debacle that was your 2007 Miami Dolphins. I'm not saying Glenn is top30, but certainly he can crack the top50, should be a great WR5/6 on your team...and for the many of us that snared him near the end of the draft...should pay off.
Thanks for that. I've never denied I'm nuts. :thumbdown: Nevertheless, your Ginn and Wilford comments are not relevant since you don't make the team's decisions. Wish Glenn into the starting lineup all you want, but it still isn't the plan. If Glenn's catches exceed the 30s I'll be very surprised. His days of being more than a role player, at 34 years old and with those knees, are over.

Thanks for that. I've never denied I'm nuts. :shrug: Nevertheless, your Ginn and Wilford comments are not relevant since you don't make the team's decisions. Wish Glenn into the starting lineup all you want, but it still isn't the plan. If Glenn's catches exceed the 30s I'll be very surprised. His days of being more than a role player, at 34 years old and with those knees, are over.
I *sort* of agree -- Glenn could be in a Joe Horn/Eric Moulds type of role when they went to Atlanta and Houston where they're basically there to either mentor younger guys or used as a 3rd/4th option.

Thanks for that. I've never denied I'm nuts. :D Nevertheless, your Ginn and Wilford comments are not relevant since you don't make the team's decisions. Wish Glenn into the starting lineup all you want, but it still isn't the plan. If Glenn's catches exceed the 30s I'll be very surprised. His days of being more than a role player, at 34 years old and with those knees, are over.
Come on Couch.......you're talking about Wilford here. He's no freaken good. I'll agree with you about Ginn as they're going to try and develop their former first round selection but to act like Wilford is some guy who can't be surpassed in the lineup isn't realistic.Let's put it this way, if Glenn is one of the top two receivers on that team, he'll find the lineup. I think it'll take a little time to come in and learn the system etc...but when healthy, Wilford can't hold Glenn's jockstrap, at 24 or 34 years of age. Wilford wishes he was as good as T. Glenn.

Now, with all that said I'm not high on the Miami passing game, period. So I'm not going to throw out any outlandish numbers, but I do know how good Wilford is, and it's not very.

This can't help Ginn at all can it?

Unless this is going to be an older mentor type relationship.....hmmmmm.......

I own Ginn in a dynasty league as my #2WR (we get big return yardage points). I really hope he doesn't lose snaps to Glenn, but rather gets to learn from him. Hopefully that plus some insurance is the main motivating factor here.

Steve Smith always said he learned a lot from playing with Muhammad in Carolina. Here's to hoping Glenn has the same effect on Ginn. :rolleyes:

Those that dismiss Glenn here are nuts. Ginn is not ready and Wilford has been so underwhelming his entire career. With Miami falling behind a lot, I see Glenn getting at least garbage time stats. He will become a favorite for McCown, and I don't think 50-75 catches, 700-1000 yds, and 4-5 TD are out of the question for him, assuming he can pass a physical.Marty Booker finished 56th, 43, and 33rd in Miami before bottoming out at #70 last season in the 1-15 debacle that was your 2007 Miami Dolphins. I'm not saying Glenn is top30, but certainly he can crack the top50, should be a great WR5/6 on your team...and for the many of us that snared him near the end of the draft...should pay off.
I'll dismiss Glenn because a team ready to win now with lots of room to upgrade at WR2 - the Cowboys - let him go without a sniff. And no team knows better the condition of his knee than they do. Beyond that, who exactly is going to throw him the ball in Miami? Where's the value going to come from? He's veteran depth at best who will get some spot duty, but even if he earns a starting job and is healthy enough to hold it, I just don't see him being anything beyond a WR3 in fantasy, and that's best case scenario of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn won't start. Ginn is entrenched as a starter, and Wilford was brought in to also start because they wanted a big, move-the-chains guy who is also a good blocker on the field. At best Glenn will surpass Hagan, and that's only if he is / can stay healthy. So, from a fantasy standpoint I'd say Glenn is pretty much a non-factor in Miami unless Ginn gets hurt.
Hagan will end up being the #1 WR in MIA stat wise...don't under estimate him and think his only chance is being their 3rd WR. Hagan and Ginn will be the two WR's that are talked about when all is said and done in the land of the teal fish.

Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:

Thanks for that. I've never denied I'm nuts. :lmao: Nevertheless, your Ginn and Wilford comments are not relevant since you don't make the team's decisions. Wish Glenn into the starting lineup all you want, but it still isn't the plan. If Glenn's catches exceed the 30s I'll be very surprised. His days of being more than a role player, at 34 years old and with those knees, are over.
Come on Couch.......you're talking about Wilford here. He's no freaken good. I'll agree with you about Ginn as they're going to try and develop their former first round selection but to act like Wilford is some guy who can't be surpassed in the lineup isn't realistic.Let's put it this way, if Glenn is one of the top two receivers on that team, he'll find the lineup. I think it'll take a little time to come in and learn the system etc...but when healthy, Wilford can't hold Glenn's jockstrap, at 24 or 34 years of age. Wilford wishes he was as good as T. Glenn.

Now, with all that said I'm not high on the Miami passing game, period. So I'm not going to throw out any outlandish numbers, but I do know how good Wilford is, and it's not very.
Come on Iwanna......I know I'm talking about Wilford here. I'm not evaluating Wilford, and I'm not deciding for Parcells whether Wilford is any freaken good either. I'll say it again -- Wilford was brought in to start because they wanted a big, move-the-chains guy who is also a good blocker on the field. Call up Parcells if you want to argue with someone. Wilford has a role and a purpose on this team that Glenn couldn't fill. The young Terry Glenn role is also filled, by Ted Ginn, and (in response to MoP's comment that "Ginn is not ready") rebuilding teams don't sit developing 1st rounders in favor of free agent 34 year old guys with bad knees and no future. Today's Glenn is an end-of-career backup whether guys who remember what he once was want to accept it or not.Some of you are talking about Glenn as if he were still 30 and healthy. He's not. And he never was much of a blocker or a big over-the-middle possession guy, primary purposes of the WR2 on this Ronnie/Ricky-led offense. But believe what you want. I try to help with the truth, but if people are in denial and unwilling to let go of their own (not the team's) notions of who should do what, it's a waste of my time. Burn a roster spot on today's Terry Glenn. Knock yourselves out.

Those that dismiss Glenn here are nuts. Ginn is not ready and Wilford has been so underwhelming his entire career. With Miami falling behind a lot, I see Glenn getting at least garbage time stats. He will become a favorite for McCown, and I don't think 50-75 catches, 700-1000 yds, and 4-5 TD are out of the question for him, assuming he can pass a physical.Marty Booker finished 56th, 43, and 33rd in Miami before bottoming out at #70 last season in the 1-15 debacle that was your 2007 Miami Dolphins. I'm not saying Glenn is top30, but certainly he can crack the top50, should be a great WR5/6 on your team...and for the many of us that snared him near the end of the draft...should pay off.
:unsure: my thoughts exactly. If he signs he will be WR2 minimum.

:yes: my thoughts exactly. If he signs he will be WR2 minimum.
A WR2 on the Dolphins? (maybe, if their WR1 is being projected to have less than 700 yards I'm not sure how valuable their WR2 is though)A WR2 NFL caliber WR? (if so why would DAL have released him?)A WR2 fantasy option? (loco check)

:yes: my thoughts exactly. If he signs he will be WR2 minimum.
A WR2 on the Dolphins? (maybe, if their WR1 is being projected to have less than 700 yards I'm not sure how valuable their WR2 is though)

A WR2 NFL caliber WR? (if so why would DAL have released him?)

A WR2 fantasy option? (loco check)
bingo. also, I'm not sure fantasy projections dictate coaching moves or a player's production on the field. If they did, this hobby would be shooting fish in a barrel.

:lmao: my thoughts exactly. If he signs he will be WR2 minimum.
A WR2 on the Dolphins? (maybe, if their WR1 is being projected to have less than 700 yards I'm not sure how valuable their WR2 is though)A WR2 NFL caliber WR? (if so why would DAL have released him?)A WR2 fantasy option? (loco check)
Dallas released him because he wouldn't sign the injury form plus he publicly challenged Jerry Jones in this process. I think he's a NFL caliber WR2 when healthy. As I mentioned, it's hard to love anyone in the passing game in Miami, so that's not really a knock on Glenn.

:confused: my thoughts exactly. If he signs he will be WR2 minimum.
A WR2 on the Dolphins? (maybe, if their WR1 is being projected to have less than 700 yards I'm not sure how valuable their WR2 is though)A WR2 NFL caliber WR? (if so why would DAL have released him?)

Dallas released him because he wouldn't sign the injury form plus he publicly challenged Jerry Jones in this process. I think he's a NFL caliber WR2 when healthy. As I mentioned, it's hard to love anyone in the passing game in Miami, so that's not really a knock on Glenn.
And when in your opinion was the last time Terry Glenn was really healthy?

:ph34r: my thoughts exactly. If he signs he will be WR2 minimum.
A WR2 on the Dolphins? (maybe, if their WR1 is being projected to have less than 700 yards I'm not sure how valuable their WR2 is though)A WR2 NFL caliber WR? (if so why would DAL have released him?)

And when in your opinion was the last time Terry Glenn was really healthy?
Pop Warner

He's been underrated his entire career so what do you expect?

top 20 WR in 2005/2006. top 30 in 2003--hmm where was he drafted in fantasy leagues?

Same can be said while he was in NE also.

Take it from a Cowboys AND Buckeyes fan, and one who has always been a TG fan and followed his past season in Dallas very closely, he's high risk, low reward at this point.

I wouldn't draft him myself (FF), what's that tell ya?

There are far too many better options across the league.

As of a half-hour ago-

Calvin "Lucky" Watkins (Dallas Morning News) tracked down Terry Glenn, who said the Dolphins have expressed interest in him and the feeling is mutual. However, it's not a done deal with the Dolphins. Glenn said his agent has talked to several teams.

Tony Sparano told Miami media that the team doing their "due diligence" on Glenn, meaning they want to make sure he can play with his knee problems.

Hagan and Ginn are listed as the starters now, with Wilford as the #3 WR. Still no Terry Glenn in sight!

Users who are viewing this thread