What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TENS Unit (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
Anyone use one of these things: Link

I had some HSA money to spend and grabbed something similar to this.

It is pretty wild how much charge it has and the reaction it gives to muscles. Not sure if it is doing anything positive though so checking in with FBG’s.

Big fan. Used to need it more often but maybe adding glucosamine to my supplements has reduced the frequency. Still handy to have around once in a while.

It has helped me in the past. It isn't a miracle and can't treat most things, but can calm a muscle spasm.
Do you use it after the muscle has started having an issue or do you use it periodically say like every couple days on areas that you are working on (like say back)?

Just a reminder, unlike FSA money, HSA money rolls over year to year, can be invested to grow over time, and you can buy something with out-of-pocket money, save the receipt, and reimburse yourself any number of years later from the HSA. Tax free (except in CA and NJ).

It is pretty wild how much charge it has and the reaction it gives to muscles. Not sure if it is doing anything positive though so checking in with FBG’s.

Can you tell me more about these? Are they for sore muscles? What have you used them for and how does it help?

Just a reminder, unlike FSA money, HSA money rolls over year to year, can be invested to grow over time, and you can buy something with out-of-pocket money, save the receipt, and reimburse yourself any number of years later from the HSA. Tax free (except in CA and NJ).
Sorry it was FSA the one that I had to spend.

Can you tell me more about these? Are they for sore muscles? What have you used them for and how does it help?
I don’t know too much. I have off and on issues with one of my discs in my back. Will be just fine for years but every so often will completely freak out with zero warning except a sharp pain. Then I deal with issues for a week or so, the first days are really not good with severe muscle spasms.

A PT used this on me and it contracts the muscles of what ever area you put it on.

It doesn’t necessarily feel good, not really bad either unless you really crank it up, but it “seems“ like it is good to get those areas moving and contracting around when you can’t necessarily move them easily because of the injury. I believe this is the concept.

Was curious if people’s experiences. Lots of positive reviews online.

don’t know too much. I have off and on issues with one of my discs in my back. Will be just fine for years but every so often will completely freak out with zero warning except a sharp pain. Then I deal with issues for a week or so, the first days are really not good with severe muscle spasms.

A PT used this on me and it contracts the muscles of what ever area you put it on.

It doesn’t necessarily feel good, not really bad either unless you really crank it up, but it “seems“ like it is good to get those areas moving and contracting around when you can’t necessarily move them easily because of the injury. I believe this is the concept.

I seen the reviews as well so I was hoping you used it with success and would recommend, because I would hate to buy something else that we don't use (add it to the list of many things).

I also thought this would make a nice gift. My husband is in the trades and is sore from work a lot and has had some back issues recently.

don’t know too much. I have off and on issues with one of my discs in my back. Will be just fine for years but every so often will completely freak out with zero warning except a sharp pain. Then I deal with issues for a week or so, the first days are really not good with severe muscle spasms.

I seen the reviews as well so I was hoping you used it with success and would recommend, because I would hate to buy something else that we don't use (add it to the list of many things).

I also thought this would make a nice gift. My husband is in the trades and is sore from work a lot and has had some back issues recently.
Just got this so nothing to report from me yet. The PT that had one used it on me but I was also getting all her treatment and exercises so that is prolly most important and this was a nice little extra.

Likely will be similar to a heating pad if I had to guess. Is very small though. Whole thing fits into a box that is about the size of a pint of blueberries.

I really like mine for the lower back. I think it helps. And it’s fun to watch your leg jump around when you put it on there.

There are stories of people using it for NSFW purposes. :oldunsure:

It has helped me in the past. It isn't a miracle and can't treat most things, but can calm a muscle spasm.
Do you use it after the muscle has started having an issue or do you use it periodically say like every couple days on areas that you are working on (like say back)?
On a spasm.

When you say working on, do you mean strength training or something like massage

On a spasm.

When you say working on, do you mean strength training or something like massage
Strength training. Only way I have had luck keeping the back in good shape.

On a spasm.

I wouldn't expect much on this situation

On a spasm.

I wouldn't expect much on this situation
I am talking workout, do all my various old man stretches, etc. then slap this thing on for 20 mins a couple times a week. That’s how I am picturing using it.

As opposed to just using it after I already have an issue.

It's safe to use all day every day if you so desired. I'd say probably just using it when things are more inflamed would be best, however.

Just got this so nothing to report from me yet. The PT that had one used it on me but I was also getting all her treatment and exercises so that is prolly most important and this was a nice little extra.

Likely will be similar to a heating pad if I had to guess. Is very small though. Whole thing fits into a box that is about the size of a pint of blueberries.
Also a PT and it sounds like you have the correct idea of what it can be useful for.

On a spasm.

Nothing better for than back than loading it and keeping it strong. You got it

Used this for a week or so now. In conjunction with working out and stretching I’d say it is a worthwhile purchase. Feels good after a workout to strap this thing onto a sore area.
One I bought was about 40 bucks.

The little thing is no joke 🤣

I was still getting used to how to adjust the settings and accidentally cranked it to 11, couldn’t dial it down. Had a similar reaction as I was trying to get it off when I grabbed the little pad. Packs a punch!

I definitely feel like it’s great on the back or sore areas the more I have used it. I slap it on after exercising let it run for like 30 mins. May be nothing more than mental but finding it useful.

Also a PT and it sounds like you have the correct idea of what it can be useful for.
Seems this could be helpful to loosen up tight muscles, but do they help at all for something like knee pain? Some of these are combo TENS/EMS which is "supposed" to work for both pain relief and muscle conditioning but no idea if it actually works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread