What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Teen booted from prom for making boys think impure thoughts (1 Viewer)

On a scale of 1 to stripper, that was a 4. Maybe. That whole "impure thoughts" line, especially coming from Christians, is pure hokum. As a Christian, I believe God made women so attractive because they represent His finishing touch on Creation, biblically speaking. They were the last thing He created in that story. That being said, I do believe that women shouldn't be objectified, but if they are attractive, they should be told. As for the supposed ogling that went on, that's on the dads, and to me it sounds like there are deeper issues present with them.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox, continue with the thread.

Way to go Virginia.

If you scroll down, you'll see a picture of her boyfriend which I'm sure had NOTHING to do with it.
Given that it was in Richmond, I would actually be surprised if it did.
Given that is was home school I wouldn't.
Possibly. I'm still confused by Home schoolers having a prom and a principal. But Richmond is rather integrated (I think blacks actually make up 51% of the population) so this type of behavior would be very out of character for the city.

Way to go Virginia.

If you scroll down, you'll see a picture of her boyfriend which I'm sure had NOTHING to do with it.
Possibly. I'm still confused by Home schoolers having a prom and a principal. But Richmond is rather integrated (I think blacks actually make up 51% of the population) so this type of behavior would be very out of character for the city.
Right I doubt seriously it would be a problem at a public school prom. But then neither would that dress.

Home school people are weird. Shes a mere glance at a regular prom. Nothing impure would have time to enter the thoughts.

As usual the problem was with the adults

A Virginia teen says she was kicked out of her high school prom because some creepy dads ogled her and complained that her sparkly dress prompted boys to think "impure thoughts."

Way to go Virginia.

In our town home school kids are still allowed to attend the public school events. I assume that is what happened here. I don't think this was a prom full of home school kids.

Way to go Virginia.

In our town home school kids are still allowed to attend the public school events. I assume that is what happened here. I don't think this was a prom full of home school kids.
It seems that it was.

A 17-year-old high senior who was attending a prom for homeschoolers this weekend near Richmond, Virginia, got kicked out, she says, because she was told her dress was too short.

I know some people that homeschool that have great reasons for doing so and are all around pretty normal. I also know homeschoolers who do no help to the image of homeschoolers being weird and kind of crazy.

This definitely seems more along the weird and crazy.

Way to go Virginia.

It seems that it was.

A 17-year-old high senior who was attending a prom for homeschoolers this weekend near Richmond, Virginia, got kicked out, she says, because she was told her dress was too short.
I believe it was held at a church in the area so that may explain some of this and yes it was just for area homeschoolers.

Newsflash - Teenage boys are always thinking impure thoughts.

In my day, girls wore baggy sweatshirts and loose fitting Gibraud jeans. I'm betting my thoughts were as impure as those of boys these days.

"Back in the day" they wore hoop skirts and modest tops. I'd be willing to bet on what boys were thinking about back then.

In the stone age, when women were fined for showing any skin on the beach...anyone wanna guess what boys were thinking about?

Oh, and it's not just boys. :hey:

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Virginia.

Not Richmond. Near Richmond. Big difference between Richmond and Chesterfield. Still, don't think that was it.

And the girl thinks way too highly of her looks. "Honey, you're not all that."
Apparently to someone she was.

Way to go Virginia.

Why? Homeschoolers are racist?
Christian home schoolers tend to not be very mixed race tolerant.
This is so ignorant and wrong that I'm not even going to ask what you base it on. Not surprising though.

everyone seems to be missing that the girl was actually kicked out by a woman. the woman kicked her out because men were having impure thoughts, but who knows if that's true. what man would just walk up to the lady in charge and say "get her out of here, she's too hot"??

oh, also this "article" is based off a blog post. who knows if it's true

everyone seems to be missing that the girl was actually kicked out by a woman. the woman kicked her out because men were having impure thoughts, but who knows if that's true. what man would just walk up to the lady in charge and say "get her out of here, she's too hot"??
You new to women being petty about other women?

Way to go Virginia.

This is so ignorant and wrong that I'm not even going to ask what you base it on. Not surprising though.
I base it on dealing with a number of Christian home schoolers on a regular basis for approximately 2-3 years.

Way to go Virginia.

Not Richmond. Near Richmond. Big difference between Richmond and Chesterfield. Still, don't think that was it.

And the girl thinks way too highly of her looks. "Honey, you're not all that."
Apparently to someone she was.
Not really. Read the link in my latest post. She's tall and blonde and cute. She's still not all that. I'm sure there were plenty of cute girls there. She's not so "special" that she be singled out for being too hot.

Way to go Virginia.

I base it on dealing with a number of Christian home schoolers on a regular basis for approximately 2-3 years.
C'mon, man. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question, what the hell is a home school principal? Aka Mom?
Judging by the articles, I'm guessing this is either an online or charter type school since another post talks about the girl being in her class and being on the volleyball team together.

You would have to send 70% of the girls home at a public school for the boys having impure thoughts about them.

She'd probably be super hot to me if I was homeschooled and only saw family members in my day to day interactions.

So in all actuality it sounds like a girl wore a dress that was on the borderline and went well above the borderline when she walked and danced, danced "provocatively" and was asked to stop, then became belligerent and was asked to leave. Then she makes up some story about perv dads and impure thoughts. Bunch of people with no connection "convict" the dads of being wingnuts and hurl insults. Think that about covers it.

So in all actuality it sounds like a girl wore a dress that was on the borderline and went well above the borderline when she walked and danced, danced "provocatively" and was asked to stop, then became belligerent and was asked to leave. Then she makes up some story about perv dads and impure thoughts. Bunch of people with no connection "convict" the dads of being wingnuts and hurl insults. Think that about covers it.
Par for the course, people will often take one side of a story as gospel if it's fits their world view and use it to condemn those that do not have the same view. Kinda ironic that narrowminded people are blasting people for being narrowminded.

The girl that got kicked out sounds like an Angela Hayes from American Beauty type:

"Angela Hayes: If people I don't even know look at me and want to #### me, it means I really have a shot at being a model."

Ms prude should keep studying and actually learn what slander means instead of misusing it in her ISad that some will focus on the original reports instead of this more plausible explanation.
Ms prude here should get back to studying. Perhaps then she would learn what slander is and that her use of it in her journal/blog probably constitutes "yellow journalism" in the vein that she seems to disapprove of.

Serious question, what the hell is a home school principal? Aka Mom?
Around here, a lot of "home-schooled" kids attend what's basically a formal public school that lacks a single campus. One parent might teach 20 kids English three days a week, another will do science twice a week, and so on. It's not always just huddling up at the kitchen table with Mom six hours a day. You're actually bringing your kids to lessons at other people's homes, and the whole shebang has a pretty formalized set-up. Non-profit organizations and all that.

I don't get the kicking the kid out. So what if you don't like the way she dances? You're a generation or two older, you're not supposed to. Let the kids have their fun imo.

Ms prude here should get back to studying. Perhaps then she would learn what slander is and that her use of it in her journal/blog probably constitutes "yellow journalism" in the vein that she seems to disapprove of.
It "probably" doesn't. And by probably doesn't I mean doesn't.

Way to go Virginia.

Neat!

As usual the problem was with the adults

A Virginia teen says she was kicked out of her high school prom because some creepy dads ogled her and complained that her sparkly dress prompted boys to think "impure thoughts."
"I'm not responsible for some perverted 45 year old dad lusting after me because I have a sparkly dress on and a big a-- for a teenager," she wrote in the blog post. "And if you think I am, then maybe you're part of the problem."

I like this chick.

Users who are viewing this thread