What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (2 Viewers)

Gronk has said he’s never spent a dime of his nfl money. Lives solely off of the income of his commercials.  

Gronk may seem like a doofus, but he has a heart of gold. When he was in NE and even when he went to Tampa, he was pillar in the Boston community. He shelled out like a million dollars out of pocket to build an outdoor youth sports complex. He would show up unannounced to help stores make furniture and appliance deliveries. He regularly showed up at the children’s hospital to be a human jungle gym to play with sick youngsters and would stay the entire day. He would show up at outdoor fundraisers and road races and help serve food. 

I remember one time we were at a basketball tournament at a sports facility  where he was at a paid signing event. Since the kids playing couldn’t play and do a meet and greet, after the event was over he hung around for the games to be over to say hi to the kids. He did almost all these things anonymously with no media coverage. Most of this stuff only came out when people posted about it. My wife works with the children’s hospital and he was there almost every week and even flew in from Florida on occasion. The world needs way more Gronks. 
Everything about Gronk has always impressed me. Obviously a great football player. Clearly smart and a great person, based on these types of stories. And, the guy truly seems to enjoy life. One of my favorite football players over the years based on all of this.

Once again: if you believe Gronk isn't gonna try for another ring now that the band is back together, I’ve got a bridge to sell you. Great views of the SF bay & a nice bright orange color. 

Once again: if you believe Gronk isn't gonna try for another ring now that the band is back together, I’ve got a bridge to sell you. Great views of the SF bay & a nice bright orange color. 
The way I look at it, Gronk wants more money than he is being offered (and missing OTAs and minicamp is also a desired outcome). IMO, he would have stayed in NE if the Pats ponied up the money. But they didn't. That led to Gronk getting potentially shipped off to Detroit (but Gronk said NFW). I agree he eventually will be back with his boy Tommy, but he will make Tampa sweat it out a little first.

Bucs GM Jason Licht said that drafting fourth-round TE Cade Otton would not affect the status of free agent Rob Gronkowski.

"I'm still giving him that time," Licht said on Gronkowski returning with the team. Gronkowski is living in Tampa and has worked out at the Bucs' team facility this offseason two days per week to stay in shape. The Otton pick gives the Bucs some insurance after moving on from TE O.J. Howard, but the signs continue to point to Gronk running it back with Tom Brady in 2022. 

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: ESPN

The Athletic's Greg Auman believes it "still feels more likely" free agent Rob Gronkowski re-signs with the Bucs than retires. 

The Bucs retained Cameron Brate on a reduced contract and used a fourth-round pick on TE Cade Otton, but GM Jason Licht has already said the team will continue to wait on Gronk. The consensus amongst both the Bucs and team observers seems to be that Gronk will be returning for his age-33 campaign, but as can be the case with some superstars in their twilight, he just needs a little time to get there. Besides the fact that he is, you know, unsigned, we have yet to see anything to suggest Gronk won't eventually lace up in 2022. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

May 5, 2022, 3:11 PM ET

Free agent Rob Gronkowski said he would "only need two weeks" to get in football shape.

Gronkowski also confirmed the Bucs as the only team he'll play for if he returns. Tampa drafted a Gronkowski replacement in fourth-round TE Cade Otton, a move GM Jason Licht said won't prevent the team from bringing Gronkowski back. The four-time All-Pro has been working out at the Bucs' team facility two days per week to stay in shape this offseason.

SOURCE: New York Post

May 6, 2022, 7:38 PM ET

The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs are "optimistic" free agent Rob Gronkowski will re-sign before training camp.

Gronkowski won't be signed before Tampa's mandatory minicamp. Returning for training camp remains in play and has always been the likely target for the four-time All Pro. Gronkowski had base salaries of $9 million and $8 million with the Bucs the past two seasons but could ask for a raise after Browns TE David Njoku and Cardinals TE Zach Ertz got over $10 million APY deals this offseason.

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Tampa Bay Times

Jun 5, 2022, 10:55 AM ET

Why? He's still one of the best TE's in the NFL, and fun to watch/have around.

I wish there were more players like him.

If he does come back, with the turnover at WR, and injury to Godwin, I think Gronk is arguably a top-5 TE this year. 
I think it’s fairly certain he plays again. If he didn’t want to he’d just say that. I agree he could have a really nice season in what could he he and Brady’s swan song season.

Surprised he just turned 33.  Seems like he has been around forever
What I appreciate about him is differentiating his skill set from the other TE gods.  I don't think anyone is on par with his physicality blocking and will always remember the play where he threw that DB out the club.  That physicality combined with the soft hands makes for an unparalleled freak.

What I appreciate about him is differentiating his skill set from the other TE gods.  I don't think anyone is on par with his physicality blocking and will always remember the play where he threw that DB out the club.  That physicality combined with the soft hands makes for an unparalleled freak.
One thing that gets lost (maybe) is how smart a player he is. Him and Brady have been on the same page since forever and we all know how rare that is.

One thing that gets lost (maybe) is how smart a player he is. Him and Brady have been on the same page since forever and we all know how rare that is.
Expecting a nice season out of him with no AB and Godwin probably not ready to go the first month or so of the season.  Gage is solid but not in the AB class (as a talent anyway), so expect Gronk to get some extra targets.  

efactor said:
Man, you are one selfish ******* lol

He will almost certainly play but that would be a really nice outcome for you FF wise if he doesn't 
At least I admit it. :lol:  

also we’ve been friends for 36 years so the ball busting opportunities would be monumental.

Purely selfish reasons. I hold the 1st round pick of the Gronk owner. Which I obtained in part by dealing him Gronk. 
:)  
I don't know the entire details of that trade, but anyone who would trade a 1st in a deal that highlights Gronk as the main piece are out of their mind.  My guess is that someone else was the headliner of the trade.

I don't know the entire details of that trade, but anyone who would trade a 1st in a deal that highlights Gronk as the main piece are out of their mind.  My guess is that someone else was the headliner of the trade.
He was not the main piece of the trade. Never said he was.  But In the Gronk topic he was the most relevant. 

TE Rob Gronkowski is officially retiring from the NFL.
That sucks. Gronk is still one of the best TEs in the NFL, and was still adding to his 1st ballot HOF resume. Much like with Brady, there is always a chance he comes back, but for now, I'll take him at his word. 

Fantasy wise, it sucks too, because he was the last TE in drafts I felt really good about as a starter in redraft. Feels like a year to take a TE very highly to me. Its so thin after the top-5 or so. 

Probably excellent news fantasy wise for Mike Evans, who suddenly looks like a top-5 WR with no Gronk, no AB, and a likely slow starting(if not out entirely) Godwin. 

I'm legit very surprised by this development, thought for sure he was returning.

He does get my vote as best TE of all time based on his all around game as blocker/receiver. Also one of most likeable players ever. If you hate Gronk you probably hate life.

I'm legit very surprised by this development, thought for sure he was returning.

He does get my vote as best TE of all time based on his all around game as blocker/receiver. Also one of most likeable players ever. If you hate Gronk you probably hate life.
Wow yeah me too. Expected him to play.

Rotoworld
Adam Schefter notes that he received a text from Gronk agent Drew Rosenhaus that says: “It would not surprise me if Tom Brady calls him during the season to come back and Rob answers the call. This is just my opinion but I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob comes back during the season or next season.” 

Expecting a nice season out of him with no AB and Godwin probably not ready to go the first month or so of the season.  Gage is solid but not in the AB class (as a talent anyway), so expect Gronk to get some extra targets.  
Well, that didn't age well :(

Problem I have buying this is that he's not under contract and does not need to retire to miss OTA's or camps.

The fact that he's already un-retired on top of Brady's brief hiatus I sure can't sit here and say he's done-done and won't change his mind later. But I am on the side that thinks right now he his intentions are that he's truly retired.

Users who are viewing this thread