What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Kyle Pitts, ATL (1 Viewer)

Maybe the new regime will use Pitts more where he's not being covered by cornerbacks, but instead more over the middle against linebackers and safeties. Arthur Smith didn't know what he was doing.

Perhaps it goes without saying, but
🚀
Kyle Pitts reached out to Kirk Cousins on #8. Cousins said to him that he wants to be a good teammate, if you really want it you keep it. Cousins said he won't just take the number. If he gets it, he'll write a check. A check to a charity, whatever. Pitts joked all he might want ... targets.
I’d like to see Pitts use his college number: #84. Should be free now with Cordarrelle Patterson gone in free agency. For some reason I just don’t like seeing a tight end wearing a single digit number, doesn’t look right to me.

I know there is a ton of hype around Laporta, McBride, Kincaid and understandably so. They are all great talents, but I think we will see Pitts/Bowers 1/2 in most Dynasty rankings at this time next year.

In terms of his age he's kind of right because he's younger then 4 TE's that got drafted(Stover, both Bengals and Devin Culp), within two weeks of another(Wiley) and a few months older then a 6th drafted TE(Theo Johnson).

And only 12 TE's got drafted.
He's also a year younger than Dalton Kincaid, who many fantasy pundits seem to be going back and forth with on comparable value with Pitts in redraft and dynasty.

Can’t make a big deal about these kinda comments, though it would be nice to hear him sound more like a leader at this point, no? It’s one thing to talk about learning a new offense, it’s another to admit to feeling like a rookie.

When a proven vet says it, you laugh it off. When someone who’s struggled to make anywhere near the impact expected, you wonder if there’s something to it. Could be Pitts is just one of those guys who never gets it for whatever reason.

Again, this is half in jest, but not exactly what Pitts owners want to hear at this point.

Reactions: Bri
Pitts' 5th year option ($10.4m) was picked up by the falcons. Not a surprise but at least indicates they aren't overly worried about the injuries that hampered him the last 2 seasons.
Interesting number really.
It's not too high and not too low.
5 mil his agent would be crying for more, 20 mil we'd debate it. It's a good number

Users who are viewing this thread