What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Kyle Pitts, ATL (1 Viewer)

Think I'm dropping this week. Redraft obviously. Short bench, and with all my injuries this week, no way I can keep holding him.

What is going on here? How low can I buy in redraft?
Just don’t think it’s going to happen this year for him or the passing game in general. Started London today thinking they’d be forced to throw in catch up mode. And lo and behold, they fell behind early and Mariota still threw the ball only 13 times. They just want to run the ball all game.

Why would you? I know TE is a wasteland this year but we have no reason to assume he's going to get enough targets to be regularly relevant.
Right now I am on my final week with the Gerald Everett experiment. He is on bye next week and hasn't been doing enough recently to keep a roster spot through his bye. The free agent pool at TE is pretty grim. I still think as good as Pitts is, he is far more likely to have a big game or put together a stretch of strong play than Cade Otten, Daniel Bellinger, Noah Fant. The Falcons could change their offense to get him more involved. I don't know if they will but they could. Maybe Ridder plays eventually and he changes the way Pitts is targeted.

Just don’t think it’s going to happen this year for him or the passing game in general. Started London today thinking they’d be forced to throw in catch up mode. And lo and behold, they fell behind early and Mariota still threw the ball only 13 times. They just want to run the ball all game.
I still like the bet on it happening for Pitts over it happening this year for Donald Parham, Irv Smith or Will Dissly. I am not trading for Pitts to live up to his 3rd round ADP hype.

This thread is a pretty good explainer on what’s happening:

Pitts is obviously extremely talented but won’t be consistently productive until they start Ridder and pass a lot more. The way they’re trying to win games with Mariota is not conducive to any sort of passing game production in 2022. Or wins, long term. It won’t end we’ll figure they don’t adjust but because they’ve squeezed out some wins this way it’ll take longer than it should to sink in.

Pitts is obviously extremely talented but won’t be consistently productive until they start Ridder and pass a lot more. The way they’re trying to win games with Mariota is not conducive to any sort of passing game production in 2022. Or wins, long term. It won’t end we’ll figure they don’t adjust but because they’ve squeezed out some wins this way it’ll take longer than it should to sink in.
I get that but it's Kyle Pitts. At any point the team could decide, "screw this gameplan, we need to scheme Pitts up." Then boom Pitts has a massive ceiling every week. I just look at the waiver wire right now for TEs and I don't see anyone I prefer over Pitts.

Kyle Pitts caught 3-of-5 targets for nine yards in the Falcons' Week 7 loss to the Bengals.

The Falcons were down 21-0 at the 14:55 mark of the second quarter, 28-17 at halftime and 35-17 with 5:20 remaining in the third quarter. It was the kind of game script just screaming to get Pitts going. Instead, his nine yards were a new season-low as Marcus Mariota was permitted to attempt just 13 passes. Absolutely inexcusable. Pitts still almost salvaged his fantasy day with a pair of goal-line targets. The first drew a DPI flag in the end zone. The second came up inches short of the plane. It was just that kind of day, and it has definitely been that kind of year for the uber-talented sophomore. With the Falcons dead set against passing, it is difficult to call Pitts a legitimate TE1 for Week 8 against the Panthers, but his upside will still make him difficult to drop outside the top 12.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I still like the bet on it happening for Pitts over it happening this year for Donald Parham, Irv Smith or Will Dissly. I am not trading for Pitts to live up to his 3rd round ADP hype.
Over those guys, sure, but I wouldn’t overpay.

Smith desperate in trying to save his job with how he is playing offense. He's dead man walking, gone after this season.

Does not matter who he has at QB, he is gone after the season.

Smith desperate in trying to save his job with how he is playing offense. He's dead man walking, gone after this season.

Does not matter who he has at QB, he is gone after the season.lin
I don't know, they are 3-4., 2nd in their division right now. That is pretty good for the level of talent on the team. I doubt they keep it up but they have had some good games.

Dude killed me in my redraft league this season. Almost a season-ending pick, given what I spent and what he's produced.

On a more positive note, while he was still at Florida I traded him away in my dev league (TE premium) along with a dev pick in exchange for Josh Jacobs. Felt like an absolute clown last year. Feel like a genius this year. Funny how quickly things can change in FF.

For the (broken) record, I still think he's the real deal long-term. Falcons are comically inept right now. Impressive failure by their staff and Mariota.

Why would you? I know TE is a wasteland this year but we have no reason to assume he's going to get enough targets to be regularly relevant.
Right now I am on my final week with the Gerald Everett experiment. He is on bye next week and hasn't been doing enough recently to keep a roster spot through his bye. The free agent pool at TE is pretty grim. I still think as good as Pitts is, he is far more likely to have a big game or put together a stretch of strong play than Cade Otten, Daniel Bellinger, Noah Fant. The Falcons could change their offense to get him more involved. I don't know if they will but they could. Maybe Ridder plays eventually and he changes the way Pitts is targeted.

Pitts owners should be trying to get someone like Everett, not the other way around.

Like I said 3 weeks ago in this thread, Pitts is completely droppable in redraft.

I've had enough. I won't drop him, he'll just clog my roster where I'd rather have another RB or WR. Looks like my choices are Dulcich or Engram, I'm glad at least that is available.

It will be fun going through this thread in a couple of years.

Has Pitts spoken out about the usage?
He keep preaching patience to the media “it’s a long season” he says lol. Also in game His body language (that I’ve seen) has stayed positive, he’s celebrating with teammates excitedly after they score TDs not sulking off.

It will be fun going through this thread in a couple of years.

Has Pitts spoken out about the usage?
He keep preaching patience to the media “it’s a long season” he says lol. Also in game His body language (that I’ve seen) has stayed positive, he’s celebrating with teammates excitedly after they score TDs not sulking off.
Elijah Moore should be watching full game tapes of Falcons games.

I have Hockerson, Knox, and Engram. Which one should I offer to the Pitts owners (five copies in our league) that will get a deal done? I just have a gut felling that he bounces back.

Pitts owners should be trying to get someone like Everett, not the other way around.
With the Mike Williams injury I actually think Everett might be worth rostering though the bye though I don’t know longterm if he’s going to be better than the WW level replacement

We had the dream situation yesterday and another garbage fantasy result for his owners (myself included). Bengals got up quick and early, yet the Falcons didn’t really attempt to open the offense up. In regards to redraft leagues—I think he’s absolutely droppable for those who are in leagues with shallow benches. It comes down to trust. I think he’s probably going to have one or two big games this year—but how many weeks of 0-5 fantasy points do you want to endure in order to maybe get one or two 10-15 point weeks? This season—his he has no floor and has very limited ceiling. That’s just the reality of it. I’ve said it before. There is a great chance that when he has that inevitable big game (as nobody is questioning his talent) this year—-that it will be on fantasy benches or waiver wires. People will scramble to pick him up or start him after that—and the low games will start again.

With that said—I don’t think yesterdays game will motivate the Falcons to tweak their offense much. Most people would argue that the defense costed them the game yesterday—not the offense. Up to this point in the season—the Falcons defense has been decently good at bending but not breaking. They gave up 3 big plays in the first half of yesterdays game which basically lost them the game. I believe yesterday was the first game of the season where the Falcons didn’t beat the projected spread—so even with yesterday—they have been overachieving as a whole so far this year.

With that said—I don’t think yesterdays game will motivate the Falcons to tweak their offense much. Most people would argue that the defense costed them the game yesterday—not the offense. Up to this point in the season—the Falcons defense has been decently good at bending but not breaking. They gave up 3 big plays in the first half of yesterdays game which basically lost them the game. I believe yesterday was the first game of the season where the Falcons didn’t beat the projected spread—so even with yesterday—they have been overachieving as a whole so far this year.
Next six games: CAR, LAC, CAR, CHI, WAS, PIT.

Unless things go way out of whack, I don't see them being any more pass heavy than they've been.

I am interested to see how many waiver wires he ends up on this week. Could be a great poison pill move or could be a heartbreaker if someone adds him and he turns the season around.

It's clear the Atlanta coaching staff is calling a higher percentage of play action (setup with the run game) as a crutch for Mariota. More play action means better productivity for Mariota but more blocking for Pitts. As others have mentioned, Pitts usage probably won't change until there is a QB change.

Does not matter who he has at QB, he is gone after the season.
But any good coach would probably be calling similar plays because the QB is Mariota. It has to be a run heavy, play action system.

It's clear the Atlanta coaching staff is calling a higher percentage of play action (setup with the run game) as a crutch for Mariota. More play action means better productivity for Mariota but more blocking for Pitts. As others have mentioned, Pitts usage probably won't change until there is a QB change.
I was leary of Mariota BUT he did have success in Tennessee getting the ball to Delany Walker, who isn't nearly as talented as Pitts. Thought Pitts would be fine. Fortunately, as it worked out, I didn't grab him in any of my redrafts, but sure didn't see this S show coming.

This situation just showing that coaching really matters in player production.

He has all the tools to be a top 5 TE but the coaching is awful and wasting talent of Pitts.

Not dropping in a 12 team league, but he's on the bench until further notice. I need to see a trend.

This is unfortunate, because now I'm stockpiling TEs. Already had (and started) T. Hill last week and now I think I'm going for Dulcich this week.

I'm in the same boat as many others, putting on bench until there are signs of life. May not hold for much longer though, even in a "perfect" game script at Bengals, he couldn't even get to 10 yards receiving. Guy doesn't even have 200 yards through week 7 having played 6 full games. Regardless of circumstances (team winning a few games etc), this is just ridiculous and baffling.

It’s just crazy to me that he was the 4th pick overall and they refuse to use him. If he was a third-round pick I could just say we’re all dumb and missed all the signs. This is just insanity.
And if this is how they're going to use him, then trade him. They're so dumb.

Such a bust of epic proportions.
68/1.026 as a Rookie

Do you mean just FF 2022?
Yep. Redraft leagues. He went in mid/late 3rd round of 12 teamers and is so far down the list points scored I don’t even want to look. Should be dropped in shallow bench leagues like this but is pretty hard to do that so he just sits there like a turd.

What I value most about Pitts is his consistency. He's scored exactly 3.9 points in exactly half of his 6 games. I can essentially plug that 3.9 into my lineup, bank on it, and project my optimal lineup around him to ensure weekly domination. With some of the other TE's, you just never know when you might get that 15-20 point game.

What I value most about Pitts is his consistency. He's scored exactly 3.9 points in exactly half of his 6 games. I can essentially plug that 3.9 into my lineup, bank on it, and project my optimal lineup around him to ensure weekly domination. With some of the other TE's, you just never know when you might get that 15-20 point game.
And what's maddening about it is that he always has a catch on the first drive of the game, giving you that little bit of hope that "alright they're getting him involved early, let's go...". Then it's one more catch for 7 yards in the 4th Q, and magically another 2 for 19 day is done.

I can't fathom why every sports talking head isn't absolutely roasting the Falcons for blatant tanking. I heard more buzz about the Eagles in Week 17 a couple years ago than I am now in Week 7. Atlanta spent a 4th overall and an 8th overall, and in a game that they trailed from the get-go, and most of it by multiple scores, Arthur Smith is going to sit there and say that he thinks running it 30 times between Allgeier Huntly and Mariota is the way to go?

The Falcons have taken a 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass, put a 454 big block into it, spent $10k on racing tires for it, driven it to the starting line, and are now trying to convince the world that driving it in reverse is their best chance to win the race.

Atlanta spent a 4th overall and an 8th overall, and in a game that they trailed from the get-go, and most of it by multiple scores, Arthur Smith is going to sit there and say that he thinks running it 30 times between Allgeier Huntly and Mariota is the way to go?
I think about the falcons so little that I forgot they spent an 8th on Drake London as well (just 6 months ago!) and yet want to run the 1995 Nebraska offense. What in the hell is going on there.

It’s just crazy to me that he was the 4th pick overall and they refuse to use him. If he was a third-round pick I could just say we’re all dumb and missed all the signs. This is just insanity.
TEs are just a waste land. Teams draft these guys high and they all seem to be wastes of time. I remember OJ Howard was the Pitts of his draft. Pitts had a functional rookie year, but i don’t get this. Is Mariota this bad?

Users who are viewing this thread